Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Hornet

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    I just thought of something - Kwoon is hitting DVD now. Sounds like the perfect bunch of guys for this project to me.
    LOL.. thats funny..

I take it your not a huge KS fan.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

According to the View Askew message boards, Smith is trying to get Woo Ping in to help with fight choreography.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

"I'm not a huge Kevin Smith fan" is about as accurate a statement as "Yatta might possibly be a teensy bit gay."

And Yuen Woo-Ping notwithstanding, Smith would still have to shoot it with that dead, fishy eye of his. That waste of beergut should have ended his career with "Clerks" (which I admit I enjoyed on the level of 'lets-p!ss-and-moan-about-our-sh!tty jobs.)
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

"I'm not a huge Kevin Smith fan" is about as accurate a statement as "Yatta might possibly be a teensy bit gay."

And Yuen Woo-Ping notwithstanding, Smith would still have to shoot it with that dead, fishy eye of his. That waste of beergut should have ended his career with "Clerks" (which I admit I enjoyed on the level of 'lets-p!ss-and-moan-about-our-sh!tty jobs.)
    Clerks was funny because it was so low budget. Everything just seemed to work, even the bad acting. Smith has yet to make a good movie, though.

Here is tip number 1 for him: hire a screen writer.

His dialogue is pedantic and pandering.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

As awful as his dialog is, film is still mostly a visual medium, and there has never been a single memorable frame in any Kevin Smith film. The guy is just 0 for however many when it comes to talents neccesary for fimmaking. His career is the greatest mystery since "Can I borrow a dollar?"
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

His movies just plain suxors.

I liked Dogma the first time I saw it, but the second . . . worse than Jaws: The Return.

If he does make it, I'll avoid it like it was a Kevin Smith movie.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Donnie Yen wouldn't be bad for kato.

As awful as his dialog is, film is still mostly a visual medium, and there has never been a single memorable frame in any Kevin Smith film.
    While film is no doubt visual, bad dialogue will ruin it quicker for me than bad visuals. I can watch Glen Gary/Glen Ross 20 times a month and not get sick of it, and it is pure dialogue (because it was a play originally).

Of course, my wife doesn't seem to share my affection for this movie....or Moonstruck....or Radio Days....or Edward Scissorhands....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Personally, I like Smith's dialogue. Which is why I consider him a good writer, but a poor director.

His writing work on Daredevil and The Green Arrow was well received, although I haven't read it. So there's evidence he can write superheroes well.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

gotta admit that i liked each of his movies the first time i saw them. not on any level of depth, mind you, because they had no depth. all his movies are little more than 90 minutes of commentary on any simple social aspect. clerks? ****ty jobs and the effect of a ****ty job on life. compare dante and <insert name of video store guy here>. both had low-brow jobs, but the video store guy at least made his enjoyable ("hermaphroditic sex: chicks with ****s that put mine to shame."). mallrats? the shallowness of relationships. chasing amy? same. dogma? the same faith issues we all go through. except we don't get to see chris rock fall out of the sky in our lives.

the movies are all about common human experiences, just trumped up and crudely (but funnily) presented. it's on the same level as seinfeld -- humorous, no depth, lots of whining and an attempt to relate to the most people through the lowest common denominator of circumstances.

except kevin smith movies are bearable. i ****ing hate seinfeld -- nothing but 22 minutes of pedantic, nasal whining welcomely broken up by mildly less-pedantic commercials.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    except kevin smith movies are bearable. i ****ing hate seinfeld -- nothing but 22 minutes of pedantic, nasal whining welcomely broken up by mildly less-pedantic commercials.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Jay and Silent Bob

They should play Kato and the Green Hornet. I'd watch that.

It would be tough to step into the Kato role, considering the shoes that would have to be filled. I like Ray Parks, but Kato should really be asian. There are so few asian roles around anymore - and admitedly Kato is a bit stereotypical, but still, if it was good enough for Bruce...
    There was also a rumor floating around that Steve Martin and jackie Chan would reprise the Pink Panther with Jackie as that Kato. That would be really ironic if Jet wound up in the Green Hornet Kato at the same time....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Video store clerk guy was Randall.

And yes, Smith's movies are very crude and nasty, yet funny on an immature level, plus I love his references in later movies. Did you know the character who played Dante Hicks was in every movie, playing someone else? In Mallrats, he was the 3rd contestant on the gameshow at the end, plus he was in Chasing Amy and Dogma as someone else (all with the last name Hicks, so its like cousin, father, brother, etc). Then in Jay and Silent Bob he played Dante again.

I personally love the pleasing oneself with oral sex part in Clerks.
    I have a signature.

MK -- you will fear the stinkpalm (which was originally discovered in china as a dim mak attack meant to injure an opponent several hours later when they least expected it.

mmmm, pretzels.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Smith's work on Daredevil was awsome. That book havn't been so good since Frank Millar had his way. So Smith does some things right. His low budget movies are fun but to call em good movies is a stretch. I really like Dogma though.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."