Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Koon Hung Style Choy Lee Fut

nospam

What was the Northern STyle that LKH studied before learning CLF?

Could this explain the differences in execution of the form/foundation?

LKH never studied a northern style before learning CLF. He learned some northern weapons and 1 hand form from Shek Kin but that was when he was in his 30s.

Sifu learned a little hung gar as a young child but not very much before moving on to CLF.

The thing everyone here must realize is that this is not so much LKH style but rather our branch in general coming from Poon Dik, Poon Sing, Leung Sai, Chow Bing and So Kam Fook. It has become more well known from Lee Koon Hung but has been influenced from other areas and not completely unique to him alone.

My Sifu, Fong Ah Man, learned from Lee Koon Hung and he teached him
    some Bak Siu Lam forms.
    I do not rember exactly from whom LKH learned it, either Shek Hin or one of his brothers.
    I will ask my Sifu again.

Sifu's younger brother Li Chun Hung is a bak siu lum sifu and yes we have a few sets but only weapons.

i've heard that chan koon pak was initially taught by cheung yim, before he went back to the chan guys. wouldn't this technically make chan koon pak's kung fu started from hung sing base and mixed chan style in?

Whats this rat's feet business? and LKH footwork being all over the place? does all other lineages get special instructions on footwork. Lai mah form pretty much do alot of sliding. I know you can do more sliding as you get more advance in your form practices but Is there more other there?

Our footwork isn't really all over the place but it is very lively. It is possible that we move around more than other branches but I have seen plenty of other CLF people that move as much as as us.

The rat stepping goes back to the snake sliding, mouse running that is associated with CLF and possibly other southern styles as well.

I don't think it was ever proven that Chan Koon Pak studied with Cheong Yim but it would make more sense of him following his father. Not saying he couldn't have studied with him because back then it was quite common to learn some things from you sihings, sibaks and sisuks in addition to your sifu.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 07-26-2007 at 08:22 PM.