Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT- Political, sort of.

OT- Political, sort of.

Sheesh...

No wonder the world thinks we are morons... I have to wonder how hard they had to look to find enough dumb answers to make a clip that long. Now, I bet if we were to go asking those exact same questions to that reporter's home population enough times, and spent alot of time cutting out the correct answers we could make a very similar clip... Does that make his country morons too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Yeah, its bs, these takes are often very edited to come to the specific outlook of what is needed.

Plus, people often get jealous of the big dog. It will always be that way.

I personally found the clip amusing until I started reading the comments. That people who consider themselves educated would use something so obviously contrived to label all Americans ticked me off. It's not that people don't know it isn't accurate. They just don't seem to care when it means an easy way to justify their point-of-veiw.

My mother always said, "There is no shame in not knowing something. The shame is huge when you wilfully refuse to learn."
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

1. literacy or reading.

2. access to education.

3. research funding at the universities.

if compare these 3 factors among nations, America is still number 1.

the opportunity to learn to read not just in the regular schooling but also adult education is very good in this country.

there are more high schools and colleges relative to population in this country.

there are more faculty and research money in the universities in this country again.

dun believe me.

just look at the number of scientists winning Nobel's prize.

which country has the most?

--

now who said Americans are not smart.

It is amusing.
    It's obviously satirical and apparently some people take issue with self deprecating humour.

meh.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lol are people in general really all that bright?

but no, alot of Americans generally dont know anything about the outside world.

"we're number 1" being the usual reply to any questions about the outside world is pretty telling.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I do have to say, the number of people that got wrong the number of sides a triangle has had me rolling. 'Specially the woman who said "none". Somebody needs to take remedial kindergarden!

And what about many, many people mistaking Australia for just about every single counry they we asked to find on that map?

But be honest, everyone says something dumb from time to time.

Look, it just goes to show you that a good majority of the american populous are morons and have no idea what is going on in our world, they take what they see in the mainstream media(run by the right wing) and the newspapers(most run by the right wing) and it keeps americans apathetic and YES QUITE MORONIC. we are distracted with entertainment and we give our consent to everything that this corrupt government does. I have BEEN to England and have talked and hung out with just about every class of citizen there(except for royalty) and the Britts are pretty well educated and KNOW EXACTLY what is going on in the world today.
    I think the clip was funny as hell and saddening all at the same time.
    We as a country can be offended by this and say that those people who made that little snippet are only posting the clips with the wrong answers to very easy questions, but you have to think,though, that they are going out and talking to the average citizen on the street. Maybe some got the answers correct, but as you saw most got them wrong. Of course we need to get our news source somewhere that is fair and balanced, mine is Public radio but even that is starting to be taken over by the right wing.
    Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/library/nobel/

I used to know a lot of the stories of the winners.

--

Madame Currie was my favorite. She was a woman that exceled in science at a time that education for woman was limited.

even today, I heard that there is a bias against women scientists in terms of funding etc etc.

--

I read the biography of Nobel so many times when I was a kid.

triglyceride, TNT, or dynamite that is used for contruction or peace.

It is also used a weapon for war.

-

Man's fancy with bomb culminated in the "Manhatan project"

A-bomb, H-bomb, neutron bomb---

--

Nuclear power may be harnessed to generate power for household and industry.

Nuclear bombs may destroy the planet earth etc etc.

--

In my young mind of a 8 years old, I knew that people may do things for peaceful or destructive purpose.

--

Calm down Becca. As Kung Lek said, it's satire. Look at the logo on the screen - CNNN. It's from a bunch of guys called "The Chaser". Satirists that like to take the piss out of all sides, as evidenced by their current TV show "The Chaser's War On Everything" (referencing the "War on Terror" obviously). It's actually a very funny show at times. They're currently some of the shining lights of Australian comedy. Not necessarily consistently the funniest, but definitely some of the more subversive and cleverest.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

only reason why the rest of the world are so hung up on America is only because we've spend our whole lives watching america and trying to follow in what ever they do. Suppose we all feel slightly inferior to the big cheese, hence our constant american bashing.

I practically grew up in america.... grewing up on american tv programs and all
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Maybe some got the answers correct, but as you saw most got them wrong. Of course we need to get our news source somewhere that is fair and balanced, mine is Public radio but even that is starting to be taken over by the right wing.
    Peace,TWS
    Beg to differ. You have no way of knowing if most got the answers wrong, only that at least a few got it wrong. Do you like being labeled unobjective for being Liberal?

If I act like a moron, then call me one. Don't call me a moron because some un-named fellow American answered a question wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Calm down Becca. As Kung Lek said, it's satire. Look at the logo on the screen - CNNN. It's from a bunch of guys called "The Chaser". Satirists that like to take the **** out of all sides, as evidenced by their current TV show "The Chaser's War On Everything" (referencing the "War on Terror" obviously). It's actually a very funny show at times. They're currently some of the shining lights of Australian comedy. Not necessarily consistently the funniest, but definitely some of the more subversive and cleverest.
    I've said from the first I thought the clip was funny, but not the additude of the comments following it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    only reason why the rest of the world are so hung up on America is only because we've spend our whole lives watching america and trying to follow in what ever they do. Suppose we all feel slightly inferior to the big cheese, hence our constant american bashing.

I practically grew up in america.... grewing up on american tv programs and all
    That's a good point. I would add that the fact that they try and claim to be the best is the point that irks me. They are way down the list of ideal places in the world to live...certainly they have the strongest economic clout and military, but many other countries with way less in both departments have higher standard of living.

They may the best, but at what cost? And are they really the best? Their claim to fame globally is their military and they can't even use it effectively against a small nation like Iraq.
    A unique snowflake

Did anyone notice that the majority of stupid answers came from street people?

Are there stupid people in America? LOL! Oh yes, no shortage.

Is it fair to use this as a serious generalization? No.

Does it belong on a news network? No.

It is funny? Yes, Jay Leno does this all the time.