Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: San Antonio, TX

GLW, thanks for the stories about Madame Wang. Good stuff. If you're ever in San Antonio shoot me a PM or email.

I agree with Chud, we do like those stories about Madame Wang. A great tribute to her and I trust her students will continue her legacy. Chud where are you training now in San Antonio?

this is a rough time of year - she passed away 2 years ago on Christmas day..and her funeral was the 29th... today two years ago.

GLW,

I was thinking the same thing too. It is tough on a lot of people in Madame Wang's circle.

Quote Originally Posted by zhugeliang View Post
    Chud where are you training now in San Antonio?
    Mostly with Sal de la Rosa doing Chen style right now. I also train with Dr Gary Stier in Wimberly, but haven't been to see him in a while due to family/life issues (he's an hour and a half away). I also know some TST Xingyi folks.

There is apparently a push hands group in San Antonio now. I haven't been yet, but it should be a good way to practice and meet people: click here

Texas Tang Shou Tao Association presents:

Xingyiquan classes in San Antonio!

Time: Saturday mornings at 10 am. Class is approximately 1 hour.
    Location: Lady Bird Johnson Park (near Wurzbach Parkway and Nacogdoches). Drive to back of park and look for the covered pavilion.
    Instructors: Currently we have two instructors teaching; both received their black sashes from Sifu Harold Bellamy. Other alumni of Sifu Bellamy's old school may be making occasional guest appearances.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for posting this chud.

So far I'm not seeing much in San Antonio in the way of modern wushu and Shaolin gongfu, except at Dragon Martial Arts, but I wish San Antonio would get more of what I'm looking for.

As a result I've been going to Houston some weekends to get what I want.

Thanks for posting this chud.
    You are quite welcome sir. I am just a beginning student; I posted this on behalf of the instructors, who are very good. Hope to see you there.

So far I'm not seeing much in San Antonio in the way of modern wushu and Shaolin gongfu, except at Dragon Martial Arts, but I wish San Antonio would get more of what I'm looking for.

As a result I've been going to Houston some weekends to get what I want.
    Understood. Things are getting a little bit better though.

There seems to be a Chun Sul (sp?) martial arts school opening on NW Military Drive near the Beijing restaurant. Anyone know about this place, what it is, etc?

wow, can't believe i missed this thread.
    hope RFM can swing back this way some day, I owe him some dim sum - gonna have to ask for the secret menu at golden wok.

As far as other members from the board, Water Dragon and Vankuen I know personally and would hang out with more if i had the time. I'd like to check out that 8 step class in the park, seems like fun. Kinda in between training right now, trying to focus on fitness & slowly transitioning to boxing. Would like to eventually do Judo on Saturdays and will probably go back to muay thai with Kru Phet if only casually.

More than willing to hang out with anybody else from here, even if only to grab some tea or show off what little forms I still remember.

i thought that chun sul place was korean?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Looks like the spelling is Chun Sool. I guess it's Korean. It looks new. Does anyone know about this place?

Gary Stier is teaching Sun Style Bagua in the Stone Oak area on Thursday nights.
    Send email to HillCountryHealer at hotmail dot com for more info.