Thread: I don't feel your pain...

I don't feel your pain...

Interesting clip of an LEO trying to subdue a perp...

When A, B, C and D fail be prepared with plan, ummm, E...

I'm thinking RNC here with hooks in...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zGMgCk7Y5Ok
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

That officer seriously needs to work on his takedowns.

Have to take into consideration the fact that the LEO needed to protect his gun, as the perp was attempting to take his weapon any time his hand was free on that side..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

This video also shows how tough it is to take down a man doped on pcp if you dont know how to choke him out.
    Almost impossible.

If he were more proficient in takedowns he would have not needed to choke him out to get him cuffed.

Have you ever fought a man on pcp ?
    He is abnormal strong
    dont feel pain
    feels invincible
    dont care about anything

Fact is you can break his arm or leg and he will still come at you.
    Shoot him, you better hope he is dead or he will only get madder.

Only way to take him out is by chocking him out, unless you got a couple of friends to help hold him down.

Think I was on youtube where I once saw a perp get shot 6 times and still kept coming at the police officers because they didnt hit his off button (off buttons being special nerves centers around the body where you instantly drop no matter what).

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    If he were more proficient in takedowns he would have not needed to choke him out to get him cuffed.
    LOL, wouldn't've expected such presumptious armchair-quarterbacking from you...

1) LEO said he'd sprayed himself in the face with mace and was effectively blinded.
    2) The guy kept going for his gun.
    3) LEO had to keep his hips back to keep the gun out of reach, keep his hands out to control the perp's arm to keep him off the gun AND prevent himself going down on the wrong side of a PCPed BIGGER guy who could still see to get his gun.
    4) Not every LEO has 30 years grappling experience or the time to invest so much in training... failure of the system.
    5) Choking him out was safer than taking him down - when you've taken him down you still need to subdue him enough to cuff him: choking cuts out the middle man.

Won't say it was stirling performance, but props to him.

Perp got two years... going for an officer's gun should get you attempted murder rap IMO.
    And way to go for the dumb ass tart calling 911 after the event!
    Last edited by Mr Punch; 07-30-2007 at 05:23 PM.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

unkokusai - life aint so cut and dry.

Its quite common for Cops to get spray back when using mase/pepper spray.

I witnessed a domestic abuse callout once, where a guy on meth had bashed his wife very badly. Two cars were on the scene pronto. Four cops.

In textbook style one cop spoke face to face trying to calm him down while the others inched to the sides and behind. He rushed the cop infront, got sprayed....everyone in the room got a taste.

Three cops tried grabbing his limbs while one got his back and applied a RNC.
    He had huge long finger nails that were very sharp, dug into the choking arm drawing blood. One offficer snap kicked him in the groin with his steelcap boots which only served to **** him off.
    In a burst of meth fueled rage he busted out of the tussel with four cops and out the door only to be met by delta (dog handlers). A dog attached itsself immediatly to an arm and cops took him down him from there.

He got freaked by the dog which made him mentally give up, i was amazed at his strenght in this situation, if the dog wasnt there.....

You dont know what to expect, the guy could have had Hep C or Aids....And with drugs in the system, normal things just dont have an effect.
    Not a nice thought.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    LOL, wouldn't've expected such presumptious armchair-quarterbacking from you...!
    Eh, I was bored.

1) LEO said he'd sprayed himself in the face with mace and was effectively blinded.!
    I really think the department needs to rethink that policy.

2) The guy kept going for his gun.
    3) LEO had to keep his hips back to keep the gun out of reach, keep his hands out to control the perp's arm to keep him off the gun AND prevent himself going down on the wrong side of a PCPed BIGGER guy who could still see to get his gun.!
    That's what I'm saying. A nice arm drag or a duck under would have given the officer his back standing. From there he could have taken a cross wrist, put him down as hard as he wanted to, and given him top position on the ground from where he could have proceeded to cuff him, or shoot him in the back of the head for all I care.

How might a person gain such skills you ask?

4) Not every LEO has 30 years grappling experience or the time to invest so much in training... failure of the system.!
    And yet they keep taking our tax money...

5) Choking him out was safer than taking him down - when you've taken him down you still need to subdue him enough to cuff him: choking cuts out the middle man. !
    See, I'd think taking a choke might require the kind of position and proximity that raises the issue of keeping him off the gun again.

props to him.!
    Certainly

Perp got two years... going for an officer's gun should get you attempted murder rap IMO.
    And way to go for the dumb ass tart calling 911 after the event!
    Agreed.