Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate this Woman's Wing Chun!

Rate this Woman's Wing Chun!

I think this lady represents Wing Chun much better than guy in the "Rate this guys Wing Chun" thread. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35k2...earch=wingchun
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

i liked her.

good use of torque from hips. intelligent use of footwork. she could probably be right 'handy'.

She's hard not to "like".. I saw her commerical and thought it was cool--but realistic? Well--it was a commerical after all.. Hard to imagine training in her school--I think I would have a hard time concentrating..

My German isn't so good but in this clip it sounds like she's saying, "Where is your car?" Not sure what that might mean but I take it asking out a lady of her caliber I guess it would be better to have a nice car to pick her up in... LOL
    Last edited by YungChun; 05-08-2006 at 08:59 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

9/10. Looks like the type of girl I'd want to take to a movie and have some coffee with. Is she taken?

Edit:
    Oh wait, you mean her Wing Chun? Dunno. Hard to tell from the video. Does anyone have her number or address? I'd like to find out first hand.
    Last edited by Eliver; 05-09-2006 at 12:48 AM.

That looked more like 'how to mug a guy' than self defense. Nice and explosive and uses her hips. It looks like the kind of stuff they try to get through my thick skull where I'm training, though usually we start against the opp throwing a straight punch (or sometimes a hook).

Am I right in guessing that the question 'wo steht dein auto' is just to distract the guy?

I guess the point of this exercise is that the bad guy is being so obviously threatening that she decides to hit first.

I don't mean to be critical because she is obviously way beyond my league but I think it's weird that she finishes up with the strike to the belly. She'd better have a lot to put behind it or it might just bounce off if he tenses up. OTOH I wouldn't want to test that theory against her.

The last time you see the sequence, it's totally obvious on her face that she's about to hit him. Nice on film but a giveaway.

Confirm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapten Klutz
    EDIT...... she is obviously way beyond my league.
    Is that in a VT sence or a physical sence ?

Dont sell yourself short Bruva
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel
    Is that in a VT sence or a physical sence ?
    LOL, both I fear.

you know, I'm probably the last guy to look to for advice on how to mug someone. But wouldn't it be more effective to wait for the guy to tell you where his car is before knocking him out? I would think taking the keys from an unconcious body and running around a parking lot while mashing the unlock button is a lot of time wasted when you could be speeding off avoiding the cops already.

another beginner question

Looking at it again... you guys that know your stuff, do you think she turns her hips too far on the final strike? She's turned totally away from him. If he's not destroyed by that final hit then she has to swing all the way back before she can continue. She just handed him an opportunity maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapten Klutz
    Looking at it again... you guys that know your stuff, do you think she turns her hips too far on the final strike? She's turned totally away from him. If he's not destroyed by that final hit then she has to swing all the way back before she can continue. She just handed him an opportunity maybe.
    I was thinking along those lines. Overall her motions are IMHO way too big. Her hip is disconnected from her upper body motions in the Lap-Da. The uppercut is connected to the hip - even though the motion is overdone and she ends up facing in a direction completely off from where her opponent is, which indicates no concern for a realistic scenario where you never know how good your punch might have connected. Add the typical idiot opponent who freezes after the very first action and you'll get a nice lil' McFantasy-Fu cocktail.

Like most of you guys, I think she's really attractive. Blond dye job aside, she's got that fit / shapely thing going on and she's a pretty Eurasian to boot.

On with the thread though:

I thought the pak da / foot step was cool - and may even be effective given she was smacking the guy in the throat.

The lop sao/ palm seemed kind of shaky to me too. It's hard to lop an arm and hit against someone who's taller and stronger when you stand right in front of them- they just tend to follow your lop with a downward hit of their own, or they just grab you.

The body strike, despite it's ostensible power (hip connection, etc.) was probably a bad move. The problem wasn't that she was facing away from him ( she wasn't - she was in a 'side neutral' stance or false lead) but rather that her movement put her not just in front of the guy, but also closer to his rear hand. So now she has to deal with his sloppy body lock or haymaker attempt.

That being said, she was really, really cute....

Later,

Metadragon

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun
    I saw her commerical and thought it was cool--but realistic?
    I didn't realize that it was the same person when I posted the clip. I really don't like the commercial at all.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Fist
    I was thinking along those lines. Overall her motions are IMHO way too big. Her hip is disconnected from her upper body motions in the Lap-Da. The uppercut is connected to the hip - even though the motion is overdone and she ends up facing in a direction completely off from where her opponent is, which indicates no concern for a realistic scenario where you never know how good your punch might have connected. Add the typical idiot opponent who freezes after the very first action and you'll get a nice lil' McFantasy-Fu cocktail.
    The "over emphasis" on the turning is something I have seen often from many of the Leung Ting offshoots..

I would guess she is of that lineage.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by metadragon
    The problem wasn't that she was facing away from him ( she wasn't - she was in a 'side neutral' stance or false lead)
    Side-neutral stance....... hmmm.... Do you do TWC?