Thread: starting WC here

starting WC here

www.chongskungfu.com

any thoughts
    Last edited by rimack; 07-31-2007 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rimack View Post
    Since nobody has said much:

Try out a few months and see how YOU feel about it.

Second...I'm a little biased because I love Bak Mei. If you can find a good teacher, I'd advise to train there. Eddie Chong has been around for awhile anyways. Don't know him personally but I think you should give it a shot and tell us of your journey along the way.

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

I agree w couch you can try it out and if it dosnt fit your wants/needs you can move on. I live right by Atlantic Cit in NJ an will most likely be getting into some WC myself in the next few months; though it may be a bit of a change from my southern dragon training.
    Luck w it!

Couch- MAN do i wish i could find a Bak Mei teacher around me, I dont know to much about it, but from what ive gathered it just interests me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinrohrman View Post
    I agree w couch you can try it out and if it dosnt fit your wants/needs you can move on. I live right by Atlantic Cit in NJ an will most likely be getting into some WC myself in the next few months; though it may be a bit of a change from my southern dragon training.
    Luck w it!

Couch- MAN do i wish i could find a Bak Mei teacher around me, I dont know to much about it, but from what ive gathered it just interests me so much.
    I come from Calgary, Alberta where we had a Bak Mei teacher. I was always into Wing Chun and there are two pretty good schools there for that...but my friend of 13 years was into Bak Mei.

The Ging or "Hunch Power" he could deliver was amazing. The school was into a little show-stuff such as breaking chopsticks on the neck and breaking rocks with one finger, etc...but the forms were solid.

My good friend wished only that they would have had the time to rip the forms apart and apply more. Plus there was a language barrier with the Sifu only speaking Cantonese.

Nicest bunch, though...we stumbled into the club after having some Bubble Tea in Chinatown. They stopped what they were doing and put on a demo just for us two! Lion Dancing, Drums and All!

All the best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

I've met Sifu Chong when I lived in Sacto, his Wing Chun is different, he's a really nice guy though. Checkout American Family Martial Arts School, Sifu Steward is from the TWC family, but not a current member, been around since the early 80s.
    John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.