Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Grey

Brian Grey

What do you know about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Kung_Fu_King View Post
    http://www.greyorthodontics.com/

this one?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I hear, unsubstantiated of course, that not only is his palm iron, it is hairy as well
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Kung_Fu_King View Post
    He is an Iron Palm practitioner who was accused of sexually abusing one of his students several years ago. He was found innocent (the accusations were made by an ex-lover... gotta watch out for those), but his reputation was ruined by the incident and I believe his school is now closed. The whole sordid affair was covered in various threads on the bullshido.net forums. Search there for more details. A lot of people who trash talked him there took back what they said in light of his innocence.

Outside of his personal life, there are varying opinions about his self-proclaimed title "Father of Iron Palm in America." I have no first-hand knowledge of him though (apart from seeing him at the Shaolin Temple International Festival in 2001, of all places), so I can't speak to that. He has a web site, sells Iron Palm books, etc.
    Last edited by boshea; 08-02-2007 at 01:13 AM. Reason: wording

his iron palm is as fake as his hairpiece. stay away from that doof.

What is fake about it? I have his book, and his method is basically to hit bags of hard movable medium...same as ANY OTHER Iron Palm system I have ever seen. How is it fake?

brain grey couldn't break wind

Quote Originally Posted by stonewarrior67 View Post
    brain grey couldn't break wind
    I'm not disputing what you're saying here because I have no information about the guy's skills. But if you're going to say stuff like that about somebody on a web forum, generally it is more believable if you back up your statements with some concrete details. Have you seen the guy demonstrate his Iron Palm technique? What was weak about it? Just curious.

i've read one of his books. not that much different from what i saw on wing lams video. pretty much standard to what i've seen around for ip training. i've never seen the guy perform in person and know nothing about him except from what i've read. but for some reason this keeps popping into my head "his iron palm is as fake as his hairpiece"
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow View Post
    i've read one of his books. not that much different from what i saw on wing lams video. pretty much standard to what i've seen around for ip training. i've never seen the guy perform in person and know nothing about him except from what i've read. but for some reason this keeps popping into my head "his iron palm is as fake as his hairpiece"
    I'm not defending the guy, but I'm curious any time anybody says that someone else is a fake without backing up their statements with concrete reasons. What is it about this guy that rings "fake" to so many people? I'll admit that he seems a bit goofy, with the toupe, the cheesy poses on his web site, and wearing a gi when he is a TCMA practitioner. But does anyone have any real information about him being a fake?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "His iron palm is as fake as his hairpiece"

well, I have seen him, and I can say without any hesitation that his hairpiece is certainly not fake. It was definately a real hairpiece. You could spot it a mile away.
    Besides, what exactly would be a fake hairpiece? Probably those rubber geisha wigs they put on you in Japanese Resteraunts when it's your birthday...well, it was definately not rubber, and it looked quite like it was made of real hair.
    If they refer to vinyl imitation leather as "pleather,"
    would imitation hair be "plair?"

ten tigers, that was too funny and whomever said hairy palm you're a hoot too! Listen, anyone on this board can write a book about being this or that and some of the information might even be correct. But when you claim to be this or that you'd probably better back it up with something. Say for instance you claim to be the father of iron palm in america, you might want to show your capabilities on say...i dunno...breaking something? what did he ever break to show his training? one patio block? two? like i said, the man couldn't break wind and if he did you'd see spacers fly out everywhere.

inside kung fu magazine 1988...i think it was february? Gene Chicoine was on the front cover breaking three blocks standing upright with an open hand chop. if i remember right in his article there was a pic of him powering through 8 blocks (no spacers) with a slap of the hand. That was iron palm!!! lets see brian grey break one upright block anyway he chooses and i betcha the block falls over or he injures himself.

who's gonna be the first kid on the forum to own their very own official brian grey iron palm t-shirt ?
    Last edited by stonewarrior67; 08-02-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stonewarrior67 View Post
    ten tigers, that was too funny and whomever said hairy palm you're a hoot too! Listen, anyone on this board can write a book about being this or that and some of the information might even be correct. But when you claim to be this or that you'd probably better back it up with something. Say for instance you claim to be the father of iron palm in america, you might want to show your capabilities on say...i dunno...breaking something? what did he ever break to show his training? one patio block? two? like i said, the man couldn't break wind and if he did you'd see spacers fly out everywhere.

who's gonna be the first kid on the forum to own their very own official brian grey iron palm t-shirt ?
    So you've seen him break before? Like I said, I'm not defending the guy. I'm just saying, if you have details to back up what you said, I want to hear 'em. I just don't like to hear people say "this or that guy sucks" without providing a reason. I don't care who you're talking about (and I have no particular interest in Iron Palm or Brian Gray).

As far as the T-shirt goes, I think it's all you man.

i edited my last post...

All I know is that his "Advanced Iron Palm Book" was a waste of money. So Brian Grey you owe me $14.00.