Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Akronviper View Post
    All I know is that his "Advanced Iron Palm Book" was a waste of money. So Brian Grey you owe me $14.00.
    Did you buy that book based only on the description of it on his web site?

Quote Originally Posted by Akronviper View Post
    All I know is that his "Advanced Iron Palm Book" was a waste of money. So Brian Grey you owe me $14.00.
    no official brain grey iron palm t shirt for akron viper !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    Did you buy that book based only on the description of it on his web site?
    Just searching E-bay and thought I know Iron Palm, so the advanced is for me. 5 minutes to look through and all I got from it was some very ****ty "Iron Palm Fighting Techniques". I havent seen him break and his Iron Palm applications suck, so I will not get the t-shirt but will say as bad as Lacy is least i've seen him break something.

You have got a point Akron Viper at least Lacey puts something on the table. In fact just check out you tube and do search for iron palm and you'll see young guys break a patio block with their palm...does that mean that they are masters like Grey since they can preform the same as he?

TTT

For Dale or any other iron palm practitioners, I'm not sure if we had a definite consensus as to weather or not Brian Gray's iron palm as good.

I can say I detest titles like "Grandmaster" but anyway.

http://www.briangray.com/

It seems that, outside of actually fighting some one and getting hit with their "iron palm" the only verifiable way to see if their IP training is vaild is to see them break.
    There is no reason for someone with IP training not to break for demo purposes, heck I've done it.
    As for his "jow", never tried it so I can't comment on that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
    it is more believable if you back up your statements with some concrete details.

Lol @ concrete details!!

Get it?!?!?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

I am skeptical of breaking, just because I know it can be faked. No offense to people who literally train hard and condition their bodies, but just look at the "shaolin monks". Right.

Secondary question about Mr Gray I guess, is that if he does a kung fu style, or to him is the iron palm enough? His website only talks about iron palm, including even an iron palm form. It was my understanding that iron palm was a discipline within many style of kung fu, and not it's own thing?

Quote Originally Posted by JJMantis View Post
    I am skeptical of breaking, just because I know it can be faked. No offense to people who literally train hard and condition their bodies, but just look at the "shaolin monks". Right.

Secondary question about Mr Gray I guess, is that if he does a kung fu style, or to him is the iron palm enough? His website only talks about iron palm, including even an iron palm form. It was my understanding that iron palm was a discipline within many style of kung fu, and not it's own thing?
    His website shows instructions of something called shaolin san and IP is a form of hand conditoning, forging if you will, it is not a fight form or MA style, its not even a sub-system as such.

Shaolin Three?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    His website shows instructions of something called shaolin san
    I missed that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    IP is a form of hand conditoning, forging if you will, it is not a fight form or MA style, its not even a sub-system as such.
    That's what I thought, though looking at his site he really pushes the iron palm. From a quick look, it seems like it is portrayed as his martial art, which I thought was odd. When someone says they are a "grandmaster", it normally is attached directly to a style and lineage.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Shaolin Three?
    It could also be "free"... as in "San Da", which most folks take as meaning "free-form hitting".
    OTOH, there are some who will claim that its' meaning is a bit more like "free" as in "salt-free" or "fat-free"... which could mean "formless hitting" or something "even less complimentary".

So.... possibly "Shaolin Free"... or having no discernible content originating at/from Shaolin?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Shaolin Three?
    Stooges?

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    It could also be "free"... as in "San Da", which most folks take as meaning "free-form hitting".
    OTOH, there are some who will claim that its' meaning is a bit more like "free" as in "salt-free" or "fat-free"... which could mean "formless hitting" or something "even less complimentary".

So.... possibly "Shaolin Free"... or having no discernible content originating at/from Shaolin?
    He got you....

"san" is "three" in Japanese!

And in chinese.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.