Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Very good post and well said.
    Of course it was a "very good" post as it mentioned the grand art of "BJJ" and by implication crosstraining.

Rather missed the point here havenīt we?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post

anyone training should place their medium in bags to minimize if not inhibit this danger.
    Or otherwise wear a surgical mask. That way they can train to "dig" their strikes deeper as they improve and not worry about the dust.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-23-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Of course it was a "very good" post as it mentioned the grand art of "BJJ" and by implication crosstraining.

Rather missed the point here havenīt we?

Do you have something against BJJ?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the direct method conforms more to the shape of the hand, but is harder to set up, as one needs huge urns for the medium. I agree with the dust issue, which is why it was usually practiced outdoors, in fresh air and sunlight. This is also why there is the method of heating up the medium. During the colder months, it was neccesary. Of course, through legend and books and film, we get the guys striking hot iron shot, like you see in "Enter the Dragon","Five Fingers of Death," and the ridiculous versions of why it is called Red Sand palm.

I have to dissagree with one other thing, and that is that showing one's students being a bad sign. It shows that you are a good teacher. It is one thing if you are good, but if you cannot pass your hand to your students, what good are you as a teacher? Showing your students performing skills means that you can make others good, not just yourself.
    I have seen Brian Gray perform breaks, and he seems to be able to slap through some pretty large slabs.
    But I still question the authenticity.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Do you have something against BJJ?
    drop it Kansuke. Don't screw up another thread with your little personal vendetta.
    It is one thing to make a playful comment, quite another to follow someone from thread to thread like an internet stalker. Grow up.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    drop it Kansuke. Don't screw up another thread with your little personal vendetta.
    It is one thing to make a playful comment, quite another to follow someone from thread to thread like an internet stalker. Grow up.
    you do realize your description matches "hardwork" as well? he shows up all over the place with the same tired crap... oh, but wait! he's a TCMA guy so he must be right
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I'm just asking a question. Your "drop it" comes a little late.

yeah, it is late. Shoulda happened long agao.
    I hear ya, lkfmdc, I'm not playin favorites, if Hardwork had posted the same thing, I would have responded the same. It's just getting real old at his point, and it derails the threads.
    -and it's not that these guys don't have anything to say. Each one has made valiid points at one time or another, but when it starts becoming this 1bad type of crap, where everytime one of them makes a post, the other has to jump on it and take it for pages, it gets annoying.
    well, let's not do the same thing, here.
    I much prefer the Brian Gray stuff.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I disagree, "hardwork" is the worst kind of troll, and has shown he adds nothing here at all... but I realize that this place has less moderation than the park in the Bronx at midnight so I just ignore him, but I understand other people feeling the urge to tell him to f-off

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Thank you Ten Tigers.

I hear ya, lkfmdc, I'm not playin favorites, if Hardwork had posted the same thing, I would have responded the same. It's just getting real old at his point, and it derails the threads.
    -and it's not that these guys don't have anything to say. Each one has made valiid points at one time or another, but when it starts becoming this 1bad type of crap, where everytime one of them makes a post, the other has to jump on it and take it for pages, it gets annoying.
    well, let's not do the same thing, here.
    I much prefer the Brian Gray stuff.
    As far as I am concerned Ikfmdc is as bad as kansuke. I canīt remember the last time I posted anything to him directly (because I generally donīt bother), yet he keeps popping up and badmouthing me in the most cowardly fashion as possible every opportunity he gets, doing his best to discredit everything I post.

Not only that but as you may remember him and some of his other MMA friends (taai gihk yahn, Sanjuro, among other notable knuckleheads here) played an ugly prank that was instigated by IKFMDC himself, by misquoting my posts and attributing me with PMs that were meant to show me as a Nazi, anti semetic criminal.

Funny that Ikfmdc is the one who keeps complaining about lax moderation!

His current cowardly approach is similar to that of the MMA-ist Sanjuro ronin who is "smart" enough to have me on "ignore" so that he can "excuse himself" from answering the slanderous remarks he aims and has aimed at me in the past, while at the same time knowing very well that he couldnīt discuss authentic kung fu with me if his life depended on it.

Yes talk about "less" moderation. Ikfmdc recently participated in the kyokushinkai vs monkey boxing and we all know that the purpose of his presence there was to just badmouth me. His contribution to the actual subject mattero of the thread was a big ZERO!

Talk about TROLLS!

Short of the story is that these people are nothing more than Glorified Kickboxers and they hate me for showing them up for what they really are in ESSENCE! Specially the ones who are here to promote themselves including their egos and/or their "Kung Fu" /kickboxing BUSINESSES!!!

Hence the chasing and direct and indirect badmouthing and the general hate campaign.

Yes, they feel THREATENED (together of course, with their "kung fu" "credentials" and "resumes")!

And you can see their insecurity by reading every post they address to me and their constant ingnoring or "not noticing" of the posts I make regarding traditional kung fu training!

Sorry for the longish post and I donīt want to get off the subject of this thread. So lets call this a so that you know post.

HW108

P.S. If any of the "modern kung fu experts" did not like my post then please take the matter up with me through PM as not to derail this thread or otherwise hold your peace. Your kindness and consideration will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-25-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Thumbs down

Got to love how someone with 2 years of training thinks they know more than someone who has studied longer than they have been alive

BTW: you'll notice that "hardwork" just recently also got into it with John Wang, yeah, what does John Wang know! (/sarcasm)

his MMA friends...taai gihk yahn...among other notable knuckleheads here
    I'm still having trouble understanding why without provocation you continue to direct insults in my direction despite your supposedly agreeing not to engage in this sort of behavior as a condition of your being un-banned; are you trying to goad me into some sort of pointless exchange?
    also, not to belabor the point, but I have never practiced "MMA", I have never kickboxed and I have studied taijiquan with an "authentic" sifu exclusively for the last 15 years; so where are you getting this all from?

yet he keeps popping up and badmouthing me in the most cowardly fashion as possible every opportunity he gets, doing his best to discredit everything I post.

Have you at least considered the notion that you are doing your best to discredit yourself everytime you pretend to be qualified to decide who is or is not a "real kungfu man?" Have you mused over the idea that your attitude and constant repitition of this 'I have the real kungfu!' act are the most discrediting things you can do for yourself?

Think about it.

I'm still having trouble understanding why without provocation you continue to direct insults in my direction despite your supposedly agreeing not to engage in this sort of behavior as a condition of your being un-banned; are you trying to goad me into some sort of pointless exchange?
    also, not to belabor the point, but I have never practiced "MMA", I have never kickboxed and I have studied taijiquan with an "authentic" sifu exclusively for the last 15 years; so where are you getting this all from?
    Yet, you participated in that ugly prank and your previous forum profile did not list only Tai Chi as your MA. Plus your own posts seem to suggest what your real "essence" is! If you find the truth offensive, then that is your problem.

Stop making assumptions about the "conditions" of me being un-banned. You and Ikfmdc were very lucky not to get yourselves banned for that prank and you know it.

If you have any other issues then PM me rather than derail this thread. The same goes for your knucklehead "kung fu" friends Ikfmdc (who has proven time and again that he can´t count and is unable to make a single post about me that does not contain a dishonest statement or a lie of some sort)and Kansuke (who seems to misunderstand every single post that I have made about traditional kung fu training, missing the point of what I say which is about the APPROACH and not about myself ).
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-25-2009 at 06:41 PM.