Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Push' as technique

pushes are a great way to p!ss people off too.

how many fights start because some guy got pushed?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

you know when a push is really effective? when you have a friend thats willing to crouch down on his hands and knees behind someone. classic.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    you know when a push is really effective? when you have a friend thats willing to crouch down on his hands and knees behind someone. classic.
    And hilarious!

I haven't specifically been trained to push, however I have used it. If I'm in a clinch or body-to-body situation and feel my opponent off balance, sometimes I'll push, or pull.

When doing "earth" training, we begin by just pushing/pulling each other in different directions. This lets us get comfortable with reacting to energy before adding techniques. Techniques, I feel, are just forming the energy I'd been training to give/receive from my opponent anyways.

Also-If it happens to be a part of the sport, why not? In the 11 year old fight vid that's on here, you can see both kids pushing each other off the ring. We had seen that when you try to throw your opponent off, the person being thrown would just hold on and take the other person with them. When they pushed, they could disconnect easily and not worry as much about going along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    pushing is most certainly a fight ender.
    You could push them off the subway platform, push them into traffic, push them down an elevator shaft, down a stairwell, off a building, into a vat of boiling tripe, into the gaping jaws of crocodile infested waters, over a cliff into the chasm of the feiry pits of h3ll, all sorts of nasty, nasty things. You simply have to lose that "sportfighting mindset"
    all i can think of is that wutang skit

hang you off a twenty storey building by your **** and ****

take a hot screwdriver stick it in your ass slowww like TSSSsssss.

ohya i was taught a push in my first kajukenbo hop ga set...you get behind the guy in left leg weighted cat stance and check his back with your left and right backfist rolling to the back of his neck or head, then quickly right side kick to his support knee, drop in between his legs in right bow stance taking his center and do a double push hands verticle to his kidneys/lower back area...jump with him as he falls on his stomach and land right knee on lower back, right ball of foot stomps his groin from behind...do a skip...left foot goes to his left side around his rib-chest area, you lift the right knee, then do the same on the right, step your right foot to his right, but this time use your left foot to turn him over at his shoulder use a hooking motion of the foot with a flipping motion of the ankle...then left foot jumps back to left side and right side stomp kick his face as he turns, drop down to right kneel stance and right palm his face, left palm check his face, and right vertical punch his groin area and rip up his center to be a *****.

Our latest ezine offering

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

"An" is not just "pushing" but has a complex background of strategic thinking.

Enjoy:

http://taichi-philosophy.blogspot.de...hnique-an.html

Martin

push is longfist codeword for palm punch

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

An is to use your palms to absorb or neutralize the opponent's power or energy away from your vital.

and change its direction forward and downward and toward the opponents center of gravity.

It could be the opponent's forearm, elbow, shoulder or together.

There are more things going on then just push forward and downward.

In general, all tai ji techniques involve hua jin first then counter. Even thou they may both happen at the same time.

We have to think about it all the time in Tai Ji.