Thread: Ba Gua dojo opening soon in my area.(quetions enclosed)

Ba Gua dojo opening soon in my area.(quetions enclosed)

Today at the Tahlequa OK baseball fields I witnessed a Ba Gua demonstration, the man giving the demonstration(I did not catch his name which in hind sight was a horrible decision on my part.) said that he and his sifu would be starting up a Ba Gua dojo in mid-November.

The Ba Gua demonstrator seemed like he was doing a spastic version of Tai Chi, Is that how Ba Gua is supossed to be? which leads, to Has anyone ever studied Ba Gua? And finaly, If so would you recomend it based on your experience?

There is no such thing as a Bagua "Dojo".

From your quick description it sounds like something cooked up by Chung moo Quan/ Oom Yung Doe.

They are a known destructive cult. If it IS them, I'd stay away and find something real.

Quote Originally Posted by jera View Post
    Is that how Ba Gua is supossed to be?
    No, it isn't.

who are all these geeks and weirdos with the fresh posts and stupid questions?

what is up with that.

I mean, we already have a stable of retarded malcontents hanging around here at kfm, must we endure more?

I think gene is testing our zen prowess by allowing these goofy types of posters to flood in here with their underhanded not very cleverly veiled rudeness. hahaha
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    There is no such thing as a Bagua "Dojo".
    Yes, there is. This is because you know what "dojo" means.

Next thing you know, there won't be any such thing as a Tai Shing Pek Kwar dojo (of Chan Tai San lineage).
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    who are all these geeks and weirdos with the fresh posts and stupid questions?

what is up with that.

I mean, we already have a stable of retarded malcontents hanging around here at kfm, must we endure more?

I think gene is testing our zen prowess by allowing these goofy types of posters to flood in here with their underhanded not very cleverly veiled rudeness. hahaha
    I have been a member of this community for about a year though I do not post that often. I have trained for three years in TTkD, five years in Hung gar, and 6 months in Long Fist.

I had never seen a Ba Gua demonstration before and I was curious about the art. So I turned to the KFM threads where i usualy find helpfull not scornful information.

Quotes
    "Stupidity and Ignorance is not the same concept."
    "When seeking Knowledge is any question stupid?"

Ouch, people are harsh today! I can certainly see how some forms of bagua zhang would look like "spastic taiji" to someone who's never seen it before and knows nothing about it.

Here's some videos of what I consider to be good Bagua Zhang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fueL5DsMMU

Yin style Bagua Zhang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJR5pgXv6ss

Cheng style Bagua Zhang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnIIruVNBRY

Wudang Bagua Zhang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUpPTkqVPxk
    There's been some wudang guys immigrating to the U.S. lately. To me, their style often looks a bit more contemporary and some show quite a bit of chang quan body movement rather than Bagua Zhang type body (usually the younger guys).

From what you showed me B the demonstrator was doing a sharper version of Cheng style Bagua Zhang. When I say sharper i mean he added a snap to the end of the long arm movements. But from what you showed me I have decided to stay away from the school when it opens.

My reasons for staying away from the school, is I have a feeling that they would either be a McDojo or teach Bad Kung Fu. And even if they were not I do not believe that I would be sucesfull in Bagua. This is not sour grapes, but a personal choice.
    Last edited by jera; 08-12-2007 at 08:42 PM.