Thread: respect

Cool respect

Nice to know that your Grandmasters or whatever their title may be has taught you to the best of their ability. Whether it be in Karate, Judo etc.. But, it is ashame you all missed the class on showing respect for other various martial art forms. But, you was probably at home that night watching Walker Texas Ranger re-runs.

By saying this, you have dropped yourself to the level of what you're speaking out against.

I know I at least speak for myself when I say, IT'S A JOKE!

Also, you must remember, you are speaking to a community that has been together for awhile. They've heard it all, seen it all, talked about it all so they joke around with each other like pals do. Yeah, it's hard for a new guy to come in, but just do what I did. Stalk around and read all you can, then jump. So what if they bite, they're just kung fu geeks anyway!

boo hoo, he's crying because we made fun of the not-so-great Sin The.... Sin is such an appropriate name for a guy who teaches karate and calls it Shaolin and makes up history on the fly.... I guess you'd have to live in teh middle of no where to believe his crap

you don't like it here? LEAVE.....

mind the door on the way out
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 07-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by JCAT View Post
    Nice to know that your Grandmasters or whatever their title may be has taught you to the best of their ability. Whether it be in Karate, Judo etc.. But, it is ashame you all missed the class on showing respect for other various martial art forms. But, you was probably at home that night watching Walker Texas Ranger re-runs.
    respect is given as it is gotten.

no need to give respect to that which has not earned it and even less so deserves it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

copied here for your ease :P

JCAT

I know coming here with not a lot of background information can be tough. No one starts martial arts with all the knowledge. Let alone knowledge encompassing many many many years of Chinese history, tradition, and most importantly culture.

DJ and Xia hit the nail on the head.
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...d=1#post785627

Shaolin Do is a whole different deal. It has the name Shaolin stamped all over it, yet in reality it is not the Shaolin Temple. Its just another martial art that draws on the name Shaolin (its not the only one, just the most popular that uses the Shaolin name), and encompasses some Shaolin material. Material that is often debated and disputed as to its original origin, and its validity as Traditional Shaolin Kungfu.

my personal recommendation:

stay patient, ignore people who may be rude or offending to you, and remain vigilant in your studies.

It will become more clear with time.

PQ

I meet your respect and raise you a gullible...

I was told that it was Face is shown and respect is given, I might be wrong on that though. I myself have not enough background to go by.

Oh freakin NO!!! It FINALLY Spilled over into this forum.

Yawn,TWS

P.S. if you look at his profile as to how long he has trained, it says Oct. '06. Ah the days when we were all greener than the grass.
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 08-09-2007 at 07:59 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Did you catch the part where i implied Sin The had a ****sexual relationship with jesus?

I prefer the Otis Redding version as he wrote it, but 'Reethas' version is still outstanding. I like the 'Sock it to me ect." thing she added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAT View Post
    They are crass, and many are lacking in respect and manners. You are welcome over on my Shaolin Ninjitsu thread in the Shaolin Forum. You will find a sympathetic ear in myself.

Good luck in your Shaolin studies.

John Takeshi
    10th Dan Tai Shing Pek Kwar of Chan Tai San lineage
    10th Dan Shao-lin Ninjitsu
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

ROFLMFAO!!!!

somehow i feel honored by this b@stardization of my sig quote.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.