Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ussd

Make wild claims, have the path to teacher level be short, encourage students to open new schools to help spread the one true way.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Dojos are for dodos. It's a dead idea. Jump to the next curve. What's fresh? What will excite? How much do you believe in yourself?

How about battle robots? Sell people their own murder-drone kits. Put a tactical nuke in every man's pocket.

Or chain punch dog food and say it's awesome. Make people believe it's awesome.
    Last edited by rett; 07-10-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost A Ghost View Post
    Base style is Villari's Shaolin Kempo Karate.

They also teach Tak Wah Eng's animal forms and whatever Wushu forms they learn in China, but from what I understand none of these added on forms have actually been made part of the standard curriculum.
    Not entirely.

Some the after black forms come from Tak Wah Eng, the before black forms mostly come from Shotokan (which can be traced further back). The first 10 defensive combinations were originally created by Victor Gascon. George Pesare trained under Gascon. Pesare later added Stature of the Crane and a few more combinations. Nick Cerio received his black belt from Pesare. Cerio then trained with Bill Chun and William K.S. Chow adding more forms and combinations to the system. Villari received his black belt from Cerio, then opens his own school. Villari (through influence of others instructors) fills in the rest of the 108 defensive combinations and forms. He creates his own form Shou Ton Kwok and self promotes to 10th Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    Not entirely.
    What? You say I'm not entirely correct and then give an abridged, and slightly incorrect, history of Villari's Shaolin Kempo Karate.... jeeeez.

Some the after black forms come from Tak Wah Eng, the before black forms mostly come from Shotokan (which can be traced further back).
    The Tak Wah Eng forms started to be introduced in the late 1990's. I was in the instructor meetings in 97 at the corporate headquarters when they announced that they will start teaching those forms and learned the "correct way" to do the first Eagle set form. I say "correct' because up until then there was a very *******ized/karate-ized version of it being informally taught to higher ranks.

As far as I know, and what I've seen on youtube tournament clips, these forms are still being taught informally, meaning there is no set rank requirement for learning the TWE forms.

The Shotokan katas you are referring to are actually modified Kyoshinken katas 1-4, but cerio added another kata in the order at the first 1st one.

After black belt one starts to learn Cerio black belt forms and the 'kung fuey' forms Villari either borrowed or created.

Everything else you stated was right on the nose.
    Last edited by Almost A Ghost; 07-10-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Oops...double post.

What? You say I'm not entirely correct and then give an abridged, and slightly incorrect, history of Villari's Shaolin Kempo Karate.... jeeeez.
    I'm just paraphrasing the history Nancy Cerio gave me.

The Shotokan katas you are referring to are actually modified Kyoshinken katas 1-4, but cerio added another kata in the order at the first 1st one.

Which goes back to Shotokan and Funakoshi.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    one more question, how does one get one of these successful mcdojo chains going anyway?
    First, be an Asian in Kentucky....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    First, be an Asian in Kentucky....
    ...with a mullet...

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Itosu created the Pinan Kata (Shorin Ryu)
    Funakoshi revamped them and called them Heian Kata (Shotokan)
    Mas Oyama learned Heian Kata from Funakoshi, renamed them Pinan Kata (Kyokushin)
    God knows what book Cerio learned them from, because they're all mixed up, out of sequence, with some of the footwork backwards.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

http://ussd.com/grandmaster-frederick-j-villari/

Wow... didn't see this coming.

I did. I knew it was coming for a year. I've stayed off of the forum for a long time.

USSD is meatspin.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    I did. I knew it was coming for a year. I've stayed off of the forum for a long time.
    I remember you telling me something about Villari's starting to use Bushido for supplies and being allowed in USSD's tournaments, but wasn't expecting to see a full page dedicated to him. Funny, I just looked and they haven't updated any of their history pages to include him.

I remember you telling me something about Villari's starting to use Bushido for supplies and being allowed in USSD's tournaments, but wasn't expecting to see a full page dedicated to him. Funny, I just looked and they haven't updated any of their history pages to include him.
    We're still not combining tournaments yet, but that's because it would take some effort. Here's an update page that they added.

http://ussd.com/our-lineage/

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    We're still not combining tournaments yet, but that's because it would take some effort. Here's an update page that they added.

http://ussd.com/our-lineage/
    Wow, that's a "bonsai tree" of bad historical research.

Okay, now time for a laugh:
    All about Fred Villari
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior