Thread: Bak Mei in Boston?

Bak Mei in Boston?

I'm trying to find a school that teaches White Eyebrow. I've been told there is a school taught by Wayne Chin but I've no idea where to look and he doesn't appear to answer his e-mail at the address I've been given. Anyone have info?
    To Ah Mui with love.

Bak Mei

Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken--and I very well could be--Wayne Chin was affiliated with the Boston Chinese Freemasons Athletic Club. Maybe you could check with them?

Good Luck,

S.F.

Here is their link. http://www.bostonchinesefreemasons.org/
    Give my regards to Donald Wong Sifu

Thank you people. I really appreciate the info!
    To Ah Mui with love.

:)

Glad to help!

Isn't the Freemason's school a private school. I heard you need to know people to join

Hello,

You may want to visit:

Boston Ultimate Fitness: "BUF"
    33 Harrison Ave
    Boston (Chinatown)
    7th floor

Its Boston's newest Kung Fu/Fitness center. Beautiful huge Loft space. Some of the schools amenities are;

Kung Fu classes: Hung Gar, Yang Taiji, Yi Chuan
    Fitness: Free Weights, Cardio Equipment
    Equipment: Wooden Dummies, Heavy Bags, Boxing Ring
    Meditation Room, Vending Euipment, etc..

Donald Wong Sifu is one of the owners. Larry Wong (not related) is also there. Both are from the Freemason club and know the Bak Mei system but are teaching the Hung Gar and Yi Chuan at this club. It could be worth a trip to speak with them and ask about whats the best way to learn Bak Mei in Boston?

Hope this helps!

Jim

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando View Post
    Hello,

You may want to visit:

Boston Ultimate Fitness: "BUF"
    33 Harrison Ave
    Boston (Chinatown)
    7th floor

Its Boston's newest Kung Fu/Fitness center. Beautiful huge Loft space. Some of the schools amenities are;

Kung Fu classes: Hung Gar, Yang Taiji, Yi Chuan
    Fitness: Free Weights, Cardio Equipment
    Equipment: Wooden Dummies, Heavy Bags, Boxing Ring
    Meditation Room, Vending Euipment, etc..

Donald Wong Sifu is one of the owners. Larry Wong (not related) is also there. Both are from the Freemason club and know the Bak Mei system but are teaching the Hung Gar and Yi Chuan at this club. It could be worth a trip to speak with them and ask about whats the best way to learn Bak Mei in Boston?

Hope this helps!

Didn't they both use to teach over the shop in Chinatown? I can't remember the shops name, but they had the store upstairs with martial arts books, weapons, and training gear. Then next to the store upstairs was the training hall.

I'm sure it's them because of Donald and Larry Wong, and they aren't related like you said. Also Donald Wong also teaches Bak Mei and Fut Gar. Tell Donald that jeff the Black Tiger guy says hello. He'll remember me trying to learn Fut Gar, but he wanted me to learn the Hung Gar first with Fut Gar concepts and principals. He knows his stuff and is not affraid to touch hands and show you his skill.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    Didn't they both use to teach over the shop in Chinatown? I can't remember the shops name, but they had the store upstairs with martial arts books, weapons, and training gear. Then next to the store upstairs was the training hall.

I'm sure it's them because of Donald and Larry Wong, and they aren't related like you said. Also Donald Wong also teaches Bak Mei and Fut Gar. Tell Donald that jeff the Black Tiger guy says hello. He'll remember me trying to learn Fut Gar, but he wanted me to learn the Hung Gar first with Fut Gar concepts and principals. He knows his stuff and is not affraid to touch hands and show you his skill.

jeff
    they moved to a much bigger place

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Dude View Post
    they moved to a much bigger place

Ahh ok thanks!

I'll have to look them up while i'm in Boston in a few weeks.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)