Thread: Who are the three chinese figures...

Who are the three chinese figures...

Ive been wanting to know this for some time.

In all chinese gift shops you will always see a group of three chinese figures together. One of the men has a HUGE head/forehead and I think he carries a crooked walking stick.

At first I thought it could be the 3 most famous characters of the eight immortals, but im not tottally sure.

Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about. They will be in the shops where you'd find images of the buddha, guan yi, guan yin etc

The Gods of Happiness (Fu Shên), Office (Lohan?), and Longevity (Shou Hsing).

Fighting on the Internet and competing in the Special Olympics have a lot in common. They are both exclusively for the Retarded. Anon

Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it. Moi

Smile

Yeah, they are Fu Lu Shou San Xing. They are technically stars/star constellations class of "Gods". There are many legends about these three. I won't go into it for now.

Chinese believe having lots of healthy children is Fu (good fortune) since they will in turn take care of you. To have prosperity, especially one that is awarded by the imperial court is Lu (great prosperity). Shou (Longivity) is pretty obvious; however, shou also includes dying in peace without sickness or bad circumstance.

Fu is usually featured with bats (same pronounciation) and lots of children. Lu is the one holding a ruyi (a piece of jade in the same of a magical fugi) and sometimes with a deer (same pronounciation). Shou is the large forehead guy with a staff and holding a peach - symbol of longivity.

Hope this helps

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

The Project Gutenberg EBook of Myths and Legends of China: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/15250...-h/15250-h.htm

Fighting on the Internet and competing in the Special Olympics have a lot in common. They are both exclusively for the Retarded. Anon

Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it. Moi

excellent - thanks for the information guys

the chinese only have three gods of happiness? the japanese have seven.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter