Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the cheesiest martial arts movie star?

Who is the cheesiest martial arts movie star?

This should be a fun thread.

Dragon Lee. thread over with

He has a unique style where he shakes his head around while fighting. It just doesn't get better than Dragon Lee.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

That's one of the Bruce Lee clones right?
    They're generally pretty cheesy but for one-shot performances Dennis Rodman and Kareem Abdul Jabbar have to rank up there. And what about Ernie Reyes jr? And although I like Jackie, I'd be dishonest if I didn't say he has made some clunkers. I don't think that would rank him in the list of cheesiest martial arts movie stars but if you take away the good stuff he'd be in there.

Dragon Lee's cheesiness cannot be topped, but there are other good cheesy stars. Robert tai was a horrible actor, and I loved all the stuff he was in. New school cheesiness, I would go with the villain from Bloodmoon. Darren Shalhavi??
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Cynthia Rothrock

There's too many.

Jalal Merhi (the guy in Canada who made bad MA movies with Bolo and Rothrock).

Dragon Lee is way up there. And if you've seen some of his worst stuff, it's cringe-inducing.

Also, Bruce Le (Huang Kin-Lung).

For me it's a toss up between Chuck Norris & David Carradine. Although I have to admit Jalal Merhi could outclass them both potentially in the Cheesy category.
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

Jalal Mehri does get me to crack up just by listening to his voice.

Bruce Liang's performance in The Fists, the Kicks, and the Evils is awesome. He seriously puts on the greatest and worst acting performance ever.

Greetings,

I see you that waited until February was over to trash the brothers. Shame on you.

Actually, Kareem Abdul Jabbar's performance against Bruce Lee was not bad at all. He was the ONLY screen opponent who matched Bruce Lee in terms of athletism. I saw two superbly conditioned athletes putting on a good show. You should watch the Warrior's Journey for a better showcase of the choreography.

I agree with you on Rodman, though.

mickey

what aobut the guy in the 80's that was in they call me bruceand they still call me brucehe's got to be up there with cheesy? plus don't forget M.C. kung fu.
    "you have to give up, you have to realize that one day you will die. until you know that you are useless." -Tyler Durden

lonewolf:
    You mean Johnny Yune? Those movies were awful.

How about Chan Lau as the "mad dog" in The Dragon, The Hero", a.k.a., Dragon on Fire. He steals the whole movie, and when they have him fighting Dragon Lee, it's doubly hilarious.

Chang Yi-Tao (no relation to Chang Yi) as one of 3 Bruce Lee imitators in Enter Three Dragons. He walks around with a Bruce Lee scowl permanently stuck on his face.

I have to agree with Cynthia Rothrock, esp. in her American movies. China O'Brien is bad, but I think there were worse ones later on. Her acting makes Chuck Norris seem like Academy Award material. (actually, I kinda liked Chuck, just not his movies).

One man we can't forget is Bruce Leroy himself, Taimak. That has to be one of the cheesiest roles out there.
    Last edited by The Xia; 03-04-2007 at 11:51 PM.

i personally felt that van damme ended up making a lot of cheesy movies as did steven segal but they themselves aren't the cheesiest performers. i think i will cast my vote with ernie reyes junior. he only played one part well and thats bc you couldnt tell it was him. i am, of course, talking about teenage mutant ninja turtles. i love that movie. i think i am going to go buy it on my lunch break.

ill second Dragon Lee

what about billy blanks!
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

ChangHFY Guest
    I would have to say Elton Chong.

Some of his movies are decent but most suck.