Thread: Dynamite Warrior

Dynamite Warrior

THIS MOVIE IS FRAKING HORRIBLE, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY IF YOU SEE THIS AT THE RENTAL STORE.

NOT WORTH THE DIME. YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY ME TO WATCH THAT **** AGAIN, I NEVER EVEN FINISHED IT.

http://weblogs.variety.com/photos/un...rior_web_1.jpg

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I will probably rent it cause I wanna see Panna in action again, but there is no way I would pay that ridiculous price of $25 plus tax at the store.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    I will probably rent it cause I wanna see Panna in action again, but there is no way I would pay that ridiculous price of $25 plus tax at the store.
    it might be worth it for the laugh factor. just watch it in Thai language if you want the best it has to offer.

please for the love of god do NOT watch it in english dubbed. or you will be sorry.

granted some of the choreography isnt too bad, its just the overwhelmingly horrible story that burrows under your skin and urinates in your eyeballs.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I enjoyed it

It was horribly cheesy, but you can't be a kung fu film fan unless you have a taste for cheese. The choreography is classic Panna Rittikrai - more knee shots are thrown in the first fight scene (which starts immediately - no messing around with plot or anything) than in a dozen other chop sockies. Panna has a starring role as a villain, which he nails. Dan Chupong isn't as charismatic as Tony Jaa, but he's got great knee strikes. There's giants, midgets, qi blast combat, riding rockets like surfboards, a weird courtship staged around menstrual blood, cannibalism, and a lot of fight scenes. It's not the best film from Baa Ram Ewe, but it's still very entertaining. If you take it too seriously, you'll hate it. If you watch it with some buddies and some beer, you'll be entertained.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It was bad.
    Just watched the rental and the dubbing is terrible.
    I would rate this as a bad C grade ma flik.
    The action was at times predictable and boring.
    Dissapointing coming from the same camps as Ong bak.

Sorry to vary the subject, but how does Born to Fight compare to this? I'm considering getting BTF, but would like to know if it's really worth it at all.

I won't be getting Dynamite Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Sorry to vary the subject, but how does Born to Fight compare to this? I'm considering getting BTF, but would like to know if it's really worth it at all.

I won't be getting Dynamite Warrior.
    born to fight= ewww stinky boring movie. it was really boring some good action scene's but other then tht it was boring.

Doug:
    Thanks. Guess I'll hold off on that one and keep the $ for more Shaw releases. (upcoming, I hope).

I loved Born to fight (2004). i give it a rating of 3.5/5. The story sucks, but the stunts are easily some of the best you will ever see. watching it is one hell of a rush. I showed it to a friend who isn't big into MA movies, but he likes crazy stunts, and he told me it was the greatest movie he had ever seen. No kidding. Here is a review I did for it- http://www.amazon.com/Born-Fight-Nap...6031509&sr=1-1
    Last edited by jethro; 11-25-2007 at 04:00 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."