Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yong Tjun/ Wing Tsun Seminar!!!

Exclamation Yong Tjun/ Wing Tsun Seminar!!!

Sifu Heinrich Pfaff will be coming from Germany and will be holding two seminars in the United States at the end of August. Sifu Pfaff was formerly the Chief Instructor at Langenzell Castle, HQ of the European Wing Tsun Organization. For more information on dates and locations please visit www.yongtjunconcepts.com and click on the "news" link...thank you. The seminar is open to all martial artists from any system...all are welcome.

here is a clip of him in action for you chunners who don't know him...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5NMwSCR5_rc

Nice relaxing clip. Reminds me of a movie.

Thumbs down A statement to be hung by.

Just checked out website came across the statement below, what an amazing thing to write. MMA is more representative of the natural anatomy of a street fight than anything else available: aggressive striking, controlling the agressive striker and trying to neutralise the aggressive striker by taking them down.
    This type of WT orientated propaganda may have been relevant in the 1990's, but has no place in the NHB open minded millenium IMHO.

"Our systems are true "Martial Arts," and are not merely "Martial Sports." We do not teach complicated or unrealistic movements. We do not teach any aspects of MMA, grappling, or Brazilian Jiu Jutsu. These sport fighting arts are NOT PRACTICAL and DON'T work on the street. We, however, teach simple and effective ways to counter these systems".

Regards and good luck.
    B.V.

Question

Why are they wearing silk bathrobes?
    Why does one guy have his bathrobe on underneath his pajamas?

Your teacher probably has skill, given he was the chief instructor at the Castle and all.
    But somebody needs to tell him to drop the whole period piece costumes. It looks goofy.

Is there better footage than that, something more realistic looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing Patrick View Post

David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    Just checked out website came across the statement below, what an amazing thing to write. MMA is more representative of the natural anatomy of a street fight than anything else available: aggressive striking, controlling the agressive striker and trying to neutralise the aggressive striker by taking them down.
    This type of WT orientated propaganda may have been relevant in the 1990's, but has no place in the NHB open minded millenium IMHO.

"Our systems are true "Martial Arts," and are not merely "Martial Sports." We do not teach complicated or unrealistic movements. We do not teach any aspects of MMA, grappling, or Brazilian Jiu Jutsu. These sport fighting arts are NOT PRACTICAL and DON'T work on the street. We, however, teach simple and effective ways to counter these systems".

Regards and good luck.
    B.V.
    simply astounding

yeah b.v. good luck alright!!!!

Smile

whatever....i already offered to challenge anyone of the mma style on bullshido.com....now people who are in a wing chun forum are talking crap about wing chun lovely...i don't need luck friend, our system works just fine against mma...but thanks for your interjection...

people who are in a wing chun forum are talking crap about wing chun
    Welcome to the fold.

Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    Just checked out website came across the statement below, what an amazing thing to write. ...This type of WT orientated propaganda may have been relevant in the 1990's, but has no place in the NHB open minded millenium IMHO.

Regards and good luck.
    B.V.
    Yeah, I read that before too. Actually made me laugh. Halfwits. Clearly delusional and inexperienced in anything.

whatever....i already offered to challenge anyone of the mma style on bullshido.com....now people who are in a wing chun forum are talking crap about wing chun lovely...i don't need luck friend, our system works just fine against mma...but thanks for your interjection...
    And no, we're talking crap about people talking crap, not about wing chun. BWUHAHAHA, welcome to the forum. Leave your asshat at the door.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Talking

i'm more of an action person than a talker...but alas, the keyboard and computer screen makes many of us brave...so go ahead talk crap, because just like the many people on some of the other forums who speak crap no one will come an try out my system...so talk away, waste your time typing, i don't see your websites listed, none of you are even good enough to have a school, probably, and i don't see any training videos of any of you...so fopp...and have a nice day

i already offered to challenge anyone of the mma style on bullshido.com
    Why don't you just enter a local MMA show? After all, if MMA and BJJ are so useless, you should go through them like a hot chainsaw through butter.

Andrew Draheim, ex-WT and JF Springer can both tell you how stupid an idea it is to involve yourself in internet challenges.

now people who are in a wing chun forum are talking crap about wing chun lovely
    I think they were more talking crap about the crap you were talking about MMA and BJJ on the website, and about the outrageous fashion crimes documented in the video.

No one here talked crap about WC or WT. Just about the statements on your website, and the weird clothes in the vid.

Talking your art up by putting others down doesn't work any more. Indicates false bravado based on fear of the unknown. I wouldn't go to a seminar with someone who said that because they are demonstrably ignorant and arrogant.

The local WT school here recently published an article in an MA mag here about one of the European WT instructors who cross-trained in wrestling coming out to WT HQ here to teach them wrestling, so basically not all your WT peers agree with you, presumably because they are smarter.

i don't see your websites listed, none of you are even good enough to have a school, probably, and i don't see any training videos of any of you.
    My academy's website is in my sig. There's a vid or two on there as well.

That was a nice demo, and he appears to have fast hands. Doesn't say anything either way as to whether he can actually fight. And I know they do things different in Europe, but that see-thru patterned bathrobe thing is just weird.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Do you have anything that is really "in action"?
    Like maybe something against a resisting opponent?
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-09-2007 at 12:14 AM.

Let's see... these sport fighting styles provide you with a base in punching, kicking, mobility, applying and escaping joint locks and chokes, escaping bad positions, using and countering takedowns and throws, as well as developing your conditioning.

Can you please explain how these things are not practical or useful on the street?
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-09-2007 at 12:11 AM.

Can you please explain how these things are not practical or useful on the street?
    Where are your eyejabs huh .
    I tell you without eyejabs you cant fight in the street

i'm more of an action person than a talker
    So, show us the action...

Clearly with all the *action* you've seen there must be video of you <or anyone in Wing Chun> schooling some tough MMA folks, no?
    but alas, the keyboard and computer screen makes many of us brave...
    Indeed it does.. So please show us that you are for real and post a video of you whacking some quality MMA folks..

See, there's not a lot of video out there of folks doing any kind of Wing Chun whooping butt on MMA folks.. So most folks tend to be skeptical; Please lead the way and show us even one clip...
    so go ahead talk crap, because just like the many people on some of the other forums who speak crap no one will come an try out my system...
    Please let us know exactly how we should go about "trying out your system".. Did you invent this system? Please tell us exactly how and when it was proven against MMA or anyone for that matter..

This forum is about Wing Chun Kung Fu, not creative writing/thinking.. If you have proof of your claims then post, otherwise prepare to be barbequed on this forum for making such outrageous and unsupported claims.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu