Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best form of Martial Arts....

Quote Originally Posted by JKDISBEST View Post
    Does any have an opinion on what is the best form of Martial Arts? Mine would have to be Jeet Kune Do.

There is no best martial art. I myself follow the CONCEPT of Jeet Kune Do. I stress the word concept because that's what it is, it is not a style. Jeet Kune Do is a pholosophy for life in gneral and one that can be applied to martial arts. It is to be open, to flow like water, have no restrictions, never trap yourself. To develop your Jeet Kune Do in martial arts one must first have training in some sort of style in order to learn what it means to punch, block, kick, etc. The ideal style to be trained in is the one developed by Bruce Lee himself, Jun Fan Gung Fu, but it is not absolutely neccessary. Once you have reached a proficient level in your chosen style you may begin to strip away what does not fit your personality and incorporate differente things into your training, from other styles, from anything in life really. Be fluid, be open, have no restrictions, this is the true essence of Jeet Kune Do. The person with the best style is the one who has risen above styles. As Bruce Lee himself said, "Have no limitation as limitation, Use no way as way." and "Be water my friend."
    "Jeet Kune Do is the art not founded on technique or doctrine. It is just as you are." -Bruce Lee

glock fu = best style, beats all empty hand and classical weapons, even beats all mt, bjj, wrestling, boxing karate, kungfu and even blunt weapons.

glock fu will do you!

the best!

yay!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It was Zork.

Yea back when I was a kid them computer games didn't have no fancy graphics. All we needed was a lantern and proper syntax.

Go North

Use rusty key on wooden door.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

the best form is no form/no limits.

whatever works the best for you is the best form for you.

--

there are 7 colors in the rainbow.

which color is the best?

--

I have to say the sentence "be water my friend" gives me shivers..and not in a positive way...

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Yue View Post
    It was Zork.

Yea back when I was a kid them computer games didn't have no fancy graphics. All we needed was a lantern and proper syntax.

Go North

Use rusty key on wooden door.
    Ah, yes - Zork. That's not the one I was thinking of, though, but I played it too. Colossal Cave Adventure was the one I was thinking of. If you look up Zork on Wikipedia it references Colossal Cave as well.

"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    glock fu = best style, beats all empty hand and classical weapons, even beats all mt, bjj, wrestling, boxing karate, kungfu and even blunt weapons.

glock fu will do you!

the best!

yay!
    I prefer my HK-Jutsu, its lineage is better than yours !

Ay Kei Sae Sahp Chat, best kung fu
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I seem to remember a text only game called Wizardry, too... or something like that.

Zork was the Hitchhiker's Guide of text games. Very funny.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KJr2BdUTY...elated&search=

whatever art this guy's doing is the best imo.
    Bless you

this is an amazing forms demonstration

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OLLzCsOAeAg
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Ay Kei Sae Sahp Chat, best kung fu
    it's antiquated and in need of revitilization actually.

the inventor peddles vodka now because he knows that his time has passed.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i thought sum ting wong was dead? didn't chin tu fat and his boys call a hit on him a while back? that guy still alive?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "There is no best martial art. I myself follow the CONCEPT of Jeet Kune Do."

JKD is simply Bruce's way of re-naming what ALL Kung-Fu people know as "Mo-Wai"-spontaneous response derived from training

"To develop your Jeet Kune Do in martial arts one must first have training in some sort of style in order to learn what it means to punch, block, kick, etc."

This is called having a firm foundation in the basics.

"The ideal style to be trained in is the one developed by Bruce Lee himself, Jun Fan Gung Fu, but it is not absolutely neccessary. Once you have reached a proficient level in your chosen style you may begin to strip away what does not fit your personality and incorporate differente things into your training, from other styles,"

This is known as developing attributes, or skill sets, tools

from anything in life really. Be fluid, be open, have no restrictions, this is the true essence of Jeet Kune Do. The person with the best style is the one who has risen above styles. As Bruce Lee himself said, "Have no limitation as limitation, Use no way as way." and "Be water my friend."

No way=Mo-Wai

Bruce Lee didn't discover, create,or develop anything new. He simply put these well-known concepts into something people who did not study the classics could grasp. If he were around today, Tao Of Jeet Kune Do would be on the bookshelves right along with the rest of the "______ for Dummies" books.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    "There is no best martial art. I myself follow the CONCEPT of Jeet Kune Do."

JKD is simply Bruce's way of re-naming what ALL Kung-Fu people know as "Mo-Wai"-spontaneous response derived from training
    Freaking A, bout time someone else started saying this...