Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best form of Martial Arts....

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    my thermo nuclear fu beats
    all

only our true oppenheimer lineage is the right one

not like those concept based einstein fa g's
    yes, like so many forms or styles. there are the grandiose ones.

and then there are many and many more other "cheaper" versions or "easier" forms or look alike.

--

there are many and many copy cats. cheaper versions of the bomb.

or so called poor man's A-bombs etc.

--

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I never played a text version of wizardry, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. Every version I played had graphics, but I may not have started playing till like wizardry III.

Ever play master of evil?

I used to love the old sierra games, in particular, leisure suit larry, king's quest and quest for glory (heroe's quest). the police quest series was really good, too.
    Man, I'd completely forgotten about King's Quest. That was a good one. Played Leisure Suit Larry a little bit, and Monkey Island was excellent too.

Then of course came the D&D Pools of Radiance, and the early Ultima stuff.

I vaguely remember something about a Haunted Mansion also.

Here's a question for you - one of the very first adventure games with graphics was about the hero exploring a dungeon that was essentially a big rectangle with lots of rooms off the main corridor, and the graphic for the hero looked like a really big version of this: :-

By any strange twist of fate do either of you remember a game like that? I thought it was the best thing ever when it came out.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    Man, I'd completely forgotten about King's Quest. That was a good one. Played Leisure Suit Larry a little bit, and Monkey Island was excellent too.

Then of course came the D&D Pools of Radiance, and the early Ultima stuff.

I vaguely remember something about a Haunted Mansion also.

Here's a question for you - one of the very first adventure games with graphics was about the hero exploring a dungeon that was essentially a big rectangle with lots of rooms off the main corridor, and the graphic for the hero looked like a really big version of this: :-

By any strange twist of fate do either of you remember a game like that? I thought it was the best thing ever when it came out.
    Atari had a game like that (I have it) called Venture. You were a big ass smiley face, and it I remember right, his name was winky. I didn't know they had it on the pc though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVxr8Mt6og

it's not very clear, but if this is the game, you will know it.

Or, maybe it was rogue?
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/ro...me/screenshots
    Last edited by SevenStar; 08-10-2007 at 08:54 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    Atari had a game like that (I have it) called Venture. You were a big ass smiley face, and it I remember right, his name was winky. I didn't know they had it on the pc though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVxr8Mt6og

it's not very clear, but if this is the game, you will know it.

Or, maybe it was rogue?
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/ro...me/screenshots
    Thanks but nope, those aren't it. The graphics were even more basic than rogue.

Wish I could remember more about it but it's been way too many years.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist