Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu with sports gear

Kung Fu with sports gear

this is a form using a golf club. It has some spear, saber, tiger hooks, even chain whip type moves in it. Very entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOZTnfekT3g
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Pass me my nine iron

That reminds me of SPL. I remember IKF ran an article on how tai chi would improve your golf game many years ago. We need to make forms for all the sports clubs - baseball bats, hockey sticks, croquet mallets, heck I'd love to see a skateboard form that had a good kung fu foundation. Funny stuff. Good to see some people pushing the edge of the envelope with this kind of stuff.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

nice!!!!!

but seems like the golf club would break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

skateboard could be used in bench forms
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I would make up a form using my favorite sport, but it would require drugs,booze, a hot bebe, and a bathroom stall.

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    I would make up a form using my favorite sport, but it would require drugs,booze, a hot bebe, and a bathroom stall.
    Looking forward to seeing it on youtube already.

There was some skateboard stuff published in another mag...

It was just swing-your-skateboard-around stuff - nothing like a form like this one. More of a self defense trip than martial arts. There was a movement just prior to the Cultural Revolution which developed forms from commonplace items like sledgehammers and sickles, not unlike the Okinawan farm weapons. There's actually quite a bit of this sort of stuff in PRC, especially in the folk styles. I even have a book on commonplace items as weapons - stuff like benches, chairs, yokes, etc - plus the stuff in Deqian's Shaolin encyclopedia (chopstick and bowl, brooms, fans, shoes, et. al.) It's ironic to see sporting equipment. Perhaps that's the benefit of contemporary leisure time.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    this is a form using a golf club. It has some spear, saber, tiger hooks, even chain whip type moves in it. Very entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOZTnfekT3g

Very nice. Goes to demonstarte the value in tradional Kung Fu wepaon training and how it applies to today.

Thanks, Sifu Ron

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    That reminds me of SPL. I remember IKF ran an article on how tai chi would improve your golf game many years ago. We need to make forms for all the sports clubs - baseball bats, hockey sticks, croquet mallets, heck I'd love to see a skateboard form that had a good kung fu foundation. Funny stuff. Good to see some people pushing the edge of the envelope with this kind of stuff.
    if there ever were a form that incorporates hockey sticks they would have to include the technique where you grab the back of your opponents jersey and pull it over his head and then uppercut him. that would be rad. i love the hockey punch.

That was almost as cool, but not as deadly as my momma's double wooden spoon form!
    Mr. T invented fools, then feeling bad about it, invented pity

http://www.cansfordan.com

http://www.fightfordan.com

Had to post this here

It's a slow newsfeed day on the web.

Martial Arts Expert and Golfer Releases Fitness DVD:Black Belt Golf
    BusinessWire · Tuesday, Jul. 13, 2010

Ryan White, black belt martial artist, golfer, and certified fitness consultant, has today released his groundbreaking fitness DVD, entitled Black Belt Golf: White Belt Lesson. White spent the last 10 years putting together this power training program designed to transpose secret martial arts training techniques to boost the power in your golf game to stratospheric heights. In the White Belt Lesson, the complete DVD experience provides audiences with guided meditations to get in the game, warm-up, stretches, and secret black belt golf moves that increase stamina and power for the golf course afterwards.

“As a multi-sports athlete, I have found Ryan’s training system to be extremely helpful! Not only has Ryan’s training helped me improve my speed, flexibility, and endurance, but it also has increased the power of my kicks,” said Cole Fipps, soccer, track and field athlete. “I highly recommend Ryan’s program to anyone who is serious about improving their performance.”

Black Belt Golf:White Belt Lesson’s ultimate goal is to increase power. By combining and concentrating the agility of martial art techniques and athleticism of golf, this program is designed as the ultimate next step to boost your game. These exercises were created for any individual interested in learning basic techniques in both sports. As a result, they may also become a better golfer, and more mindful athlete.

“I have never had results this dramatic, this quickly,” commented Seth Solomon, 3rd Degree Black Belt, Desert Martial Arts.

“Over the past 10 years, I have discovered by combining martial arts and my love for golf, I have been able to take total control of the power behind my practice of both,” White said.

You can sample tracks and buy a copy of White’s groundbreaking power fitness DVD on his web site, http://blackbeltgolf.com. Any media interested in receiving a copy of the DVD for review purposes should email Jessica at Mulberry Marketing at jgomez@mulberrymc.com.

About Ryan White

Ryan White is an experienced and proactive martial artist, golfer, and fitness consultant. White offers personal coaching sessions utilizing martial arts visualizations to guide more powerful golfing techniques. White has trained and competed in martial arts and golfing sports events since the age of 7. He went to Long Beach State on a full golf scholarship and earned his Second Degree Black Belt at the age of 30. See http://blackbeltgolf.com for more information.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ive 'defended' myself with my skateboard back in the day a few times. thats why i always went for the stubby truck mountings with smooth rounded caps.

grip tape > knuckles

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Speaking of hockey...

One of my old kung fu brothers sent me this. It leads me to wonder what is wrong with you Canadians. David? Care to explain?

Taijiquan Hockey Stick Form (Part 2)

I'm changing the title of this thread from "golf club form" to "Kung Fu with sports gear"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    One of my old kung fu brothers sent me this. It leads me to wonder what is wrong with you Canadians. David? Care to explain?

Taijiquan Hockey Stick Form (Part 2)

I'm changing the title of this thread from "golf club form" to "Kung Fu with sports gear"
    well...uh...I guess it's performance art. lol

there was no utility to the hockey stick motion, either as a weapon or as a hockey stick and a couple of portly fella doing some half arsed taichee whilst clutching a hockey stick....

I once saw a group of portly women who formed their own ballet club. They were utterly terrible and looked like 10 pounds of sausage in a 5lb wrapper in their outfits and one or two of them were so big they need a three-three...

anyway, that "taichi" with a hockey stick thing reminded me of that.

silly.

a hockey stick is for two things.

1. whacking a puck

2. shoving someone into the boards
    Kung Fu is good for you.