Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Scandals

bbllaahhhhh
    Last edited by bodhitree; 08-10-2007 at 10:41 AM.
    Bless you

"Twelve young men were trained in traditional lion dancing and given fake passports before joining real monks going abroad, Xinhua news agency said."

at this point the article loses all credibility, the entire "send a monk overseas to make a buck" thing is the real scandle here... sorry, you'll forgive me Gene, but I've seen it up close and it's a scam.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

"It became known in the West as the training ground for Kwai Chang Caine, played by David Carradine, in Bruce Lee's 1970s Kung Fu television series. "

I'm very suprised that they actually gave BL the credit for Kung Fu the series....

eh. isnt the first time this has happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

you guys are just too jaded to see what's in front of you

Either that, or you're just too old and tired. Probably both.

What's interesting about this is how they were busted as snakeheads. That's a new twist. You guys need to learn how to read between the lines better.

China foils fake Kung Fu masters
    A student from one of the Shaolin martial art schools demonstrates his skills at Changdian Chinese New Year fair in Beijing (file photo)
    The real Shaolin monks are famed for their martial arts skills
    The Chinese authorities say they have foiled a plot to smuggle immigrants abroad disguised as martial arts performers from the Shaolin Temple.

Twelve young men were trained in traditional lion dancing and given fake passports before joining real monks going abroad, Xinhua news agency said.

They were caught trying to cross the border into Hong Kong.

Among the three people arrested accused of trafficking were said to be at least one coach and a "snakehead" smuggler.

'Innocent victim'

It is estimated that every year tens of thousands of Chinese people, many from the coastal province of Fujian, pay large sums to gangs to be smuggled abroad to look for work.

Xinhua, China's official news agency, quoted a policeman in the eastern city of Changle, where the 12 men originally came from, as saying the Shaolin Temple had been an innocent victim of the conspirators.

The temple "had nothing to do with it", he said.

The 12 would-be immigrants, aged 17-19, were charged up to $90,000 (£45,000) for passage out of the country, Xinhua said. The group was reportedly headed for Canada.

The 1,500-year-old Shaolin Temple in central China's Henan province has fought hard against exploitation by martial arts schools, films, and consumer products.

It became known in the West as the training ground for Kwai Chang Caine, played by David Carradine, in Bruce Lee's 1970s Kung Fu television series.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

What the crap would Shaolin have to do with Lion Dancing anyway??
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    What the crap would Shaolin have to do with Lion Dancing anyway??

They probably thought the authorities couldn't tell the difference between the Shaolin Entertainers and Lion Dancers. Go figure!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    'The 1,500-year-old Shaolin Temple in central China's Henan province has fought hard against exploitation by martial arts schools, films, and consumer products."
    perhaps some un named shaolin kempo organization? or was it the jo-jo school of self defense? obviously didn't fight too hard.

"'The 1,500-year-old Shaolin Temple in central China's Henan province has fought hard against exploitation by martial arts schools, films, and consumer products - that effort includes selling stone monuments to kenpo freaks who claim the dog faced boy as their master, personally do carnival tricks on Jay Leno, and teaching Chen style while calling it Shaolin Taiji at one of their headquarters."

fixed it for you
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Scandle?

Um, I believe that this word is spelled "Scandal", if I'm not mistaken. You can thank me later for enlightening you in a private message.

I think that demonstrates how discreet I can be.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

Smugglers in Shaolin?

You really but that "no" Shaolin Priests had any idea of these smugglers or the 90,000 grand that was paid to get them out.

Greed....???

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation..._Fu_Fakes.html

The forest for the trees

China: Bogus martial arts masters nabbed
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BEIJING -- A dozen Chinese teenagers have been caught in a failed plot to sneak into Canada by masquerading as kung fu masters from the famous Shaolin Temple, state media reported Friday.

The 12 had no martial arts experience but joined a team of genuine kung fu performers from a school in Henan province, also home to the 1,500-year-old temple, that was leaving for a tour of Canada, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

They had paid up to $90,000 each to a human smuggler, or "snakehead," and two coaches from the martial arts school who often accompany students on trips abroad, Xinhua said.

The teenagers, ages 17 to 19, had a one-day training session at a hotel on June 24 to learn the basics of the art of Chinese lion dancing, Xinhua said.

The group was stopped less than a week later while trying to enter Hong Kong after border guards' suspicions were aroused, but the report did not give any details.

Xinhua quoted a policeman in Changle, a city in eastern China's Fujian province from which the alleged bogus kung fu masters originally came, as saying the Shaolin Temple had been an innocent victim of the conspirators.

"The Shaolin Temple had nothing to do with it," Xinhua quoted the officer, identified by his surname, Wang, as saying.

The teens and the two coaches were detained and returned to Fujian for interrogation, the agency said. The snakehead was arrested Monday after six weeks on the run.

The Shaolin Temple has fought hard against those it sees as exploiting its name for martial arts schools, performances, movies and consumer products.

In recent years, it has set up a corporation, Henan Shaolin Temple Industrial Development Ltd., and trademarked the names "Shaolin" and "Shaolin Temple."
    What other style has the magnitude that could even set up such a scandal? That's what makes Shaolin very interesting. Sure, you can all criticize it for such scandals, but when will we read the story about the hung gar performer snake heads? I'm fascinated by this stuff. It's right up there with steroid abuse in MMA - martial arts clashing with modern times.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

What other style has the magnitude that could even set up such a scandal? That's what makes Shaolin very interesting.

Indeed a testament to the glory and power of Shaolin.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    "'The 1,500-year-old Shaolin Temple in central China's Henan province has fought hard against exploitation by martial arts schools, films, and consumer products - that effort includes selling stone monuments to kenpo freaks who claim the dog faced boy as their master, personally do carnival tricks on Jay Leno, and teaching Chen style while calling it Shaolin Taiji at one of their headquarters."

fixed it for you
    I see your master taught proper manners