Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Scandals

TWS has yet to ask GMT anything that I know of so yes he is a Liar in this case.

Im not a liar you moron. I wrote Sin The' a 2 page letter and included the pics of li po sui and the comparisons to su kong. The letter was done in a respectful manner and mailed to his home address(which BTW was given to me by a faithful SD'er). i havent recieved any response and i mailed it out quite a while ago. so before you go spouting "TWS is a liar" why dont you read some of the posts where i quite clearly say that i wrote a letter and mailed it off. jesus h christ KC.

TWS.

P.S. if the one who gave said address wants to pm KC and let him KNOW that this is true and not a LIE then they may do so if they wish.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Im not a liar you moron. I wrote Sin The' a 2 page letter and included the pics of li po sui and the comparisons to su kong. The letter was done in a respectful manner and mailed to his home address(which BTW was given to me by a faithful SD'er). i havent recieved any response and i mailed it out quite a while ago. so before you go spouting "TWS is a liar" why dont you read some of the posts where i quite clearly say that i wrote a letter and mailed it off. jesus h christ KC.

TWS.

P.S. if the one who gave said address wants to pm KC and let him KNOW that this is true and not a LIE then they may do so if they wish.
    Honestly, I don't think you'll get an answer. He gave you the information he had and believed. You didn't like it, and you didn't believe, were embarrassed by it, and left. What else is he going to give you? He gave you what he has.

It's really take it or leave it, and you left it.

TWS, as a completely unrelated thing, and in no way is this judgmental, just out of curiosity, what did you end up studying after the Do?

TWS.

I believe you. For the purpose of "documenting" everything neutrally will you post a copy of the letter? That way, if there is ever a response, a posted copy of the response can be provided and the documents can speak for themselves instead of a myriad of "interpretations."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I believe WS sent the letter)
    BQ

I believe you. For the purpose of "documenting" everything neutrally will you post a copy of the letter? That way, if there is ever a response, a posted copy of the response can be provided and the documents can speak for themselves instead of a myriad of "interpretations."

id rather not POST a copy of the letter in the forum as it brings up a couple of personal things. i would email it to you when i have a chance and i would trust that you not publicly display it.

look my issue with the austin school teacher is done with and has been for 4 years now. i only bring it up because shaolin wookie decided to have a go at the subject again and yet again i have to clarify things and make my opinions and what i know to be true CLEAR, so that there isnt any more BS interpretations about it. The anger and the bitterness comes and goes with me. As someone who wrote me recently " we all have our faults". i certainly admit to mine.

ive had too much time on my hands lately because i have been sick with a bad sinus infection, and when you are sitting around getting well the tendency to want to go to the KFM forums and poke around is too tempting to pass up. These threads are like Heroin. I need to join a support group to help deal with the fact that i have been addicted to KFM forums since 1995 when i first started posting here.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Try 5 drops of Tea Tree oil in water in a glass bowl do this 2xper day for 2 weeks then 2x weekly following the antibiotics do not work just makes it worse I can explain why if you care heat the water for 3 minutes in a glass bowl then inhale through nose and mouth gently KC why dont you post the letter with the personal parts blacked out or edited?? I think you said asked him and that denotes personal appereance KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

[B]id rather not POST a copy of the letter in the forum as it brings up a couple of personal things. i would email it to you when i have a chance and i would trust that you not publicly display it.
    If you asked me, I would not post it publically. But if he responds (big if granted) then shouldn't the answers be looked at in context? Regardless, that is for you to decide and I'll respect your privacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

judge pen

Finally back at my computer and sent you the letter via email.

KC. I do regular Netty pots and have already done the tea tree oil treatments and they work fine. i also took a decent regimen of echinacea/goldenseal and was able to knock the sinus infection out in a few days.

Thats ALL for now,, Peace, TWS

[B]look my issue with the austin school teacher is done with and has been for 4 years now. i only bring it up because shaolin wookie decided to have a go at the subject again and yet again i have to clarify things and make my opinions and what i know to be true CLEAR, so that there isnt any more BS interpretations about it.
    Sorry, man. Sometimes I'm a d1ck, and I don't know it. Didn't mean to offend you or drive you to the defensive, but I can see how it could.

OT but I didn't quite know where to post this

Guolin testified in the Frank DeMaria case. We've been following DeMaria's case since last year. There are several posts on our Busted Martial Artists thread, beginning with this one.

Kung fu expert testifies: Students don't touch instructor
    12:49 AM, Feb. 3, 2012 |

A Buddhist fighting monk testifying at the sexual-abuse trial of Ossining kung fu master Frank DeMaria said his students are taught to hit the groin of an attacker but not to touch their instructor.

“I would not let them make contact with me,” said Shi Guo Lin, the head of the U.S. Shaolin Temple in New York City. “Every move, I explain how it would be applied.”

Guo Lin, who taught martial arts in China, was a defense witness Thursday in Westchester County Court, where DeMaria is facing felony sex charges. Four young girls alleged that they were instructed to fondle their 68-year-old instructor in class.

DeMaria, a retired Westchester County police officer who ran the American Center of Chinese Studies in Croton-on-Hudson, is accused of having the girls, ages 6 to 11, repeatedly grab and squeeze his groin between November 2009 and January 2011.

The move, called a “tiger claw,” is supposed to be a quick strike. But prosecutors say the girls were told to keep their hand on DeMaria’s genitals for a minute or two as he gyrated behind them. Two adult students reported his actions to police.

DeMaria is charged with two counts each of second-degree course of sexual conduct against a child and first-degree sexual abuse, all felonies, as well as four misdemeanor counts of child endangerment.

Guo Lin, one of the highest-ranked kung fu instructors in the nation, testified that he met DeMaria nearly 20 years ago and considers him a good friend. Photos of the pair and information about Guo Lin are featured on DeMaria’s website.

Wearing a traditional embroidered Chinese shirt and speaking through a Mandarin interpreter, Guo Lin said the “tiger claw” move was among the basic kung fu moves. He said young students may accidentally hit their instructors while practicing but are not taught to do it on purpose.

When asked if reaching behind and squeezing an attacker’s ***** was a legitimate kung fu move, he replied, “Each teacher teaches their own style.” However, he said holding the move for a minute was improper.

Under cross examination, DeMaria said he allowed children to practice groin strikes with him but maintained there was no direct contact. He said young students would sometimes hit his inner thigh or abdomen because “their accuracy is terrible.”

He told the jury that he was disgusted by the allegations of sexual abuse, which he described as “deplorable” and “revolting.”

When defense lawyer Andrew Quinn asked if any student ever held and squeezed his genitals, DeMaria replied, “That’s a privilege for my wife.”

All four girls testified against DeMaria, as did adult witnesses, police officers, a child sexual abuse expert and a Massachusetts martial arts instructor who disputed his methods.
    I thought Guolin disrobed.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Guolin testified in the Frank DeMaria case. We've been following DeMaria's case since last year. There are several posts on our Busted Martial Artists thread, beginning with this one.

Thanks Gene. What is wrong with people? This dude, DeMaria was a cop too? . What the hell is wrong these guys? Sandusky, the elementary school teachers in Torrance that just got busted drugging 3rd graders for 20 years and now under the guise of freaking kung fu? Can't these guys just go and get a cheap prostitute or a quick cheapie massage for a happy ending? why must men continue to exploit young innocent people ? I just don't get how an errection can be suffice this behavior. sorry guys. just ****es me off.

BTW, yes, Guolin did disrobe but always a buddhist Shaolin monk at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Does "disrobe" mean "not be a monk anymore" in this context?

Cuz if it means what it means in English then the story just gets weirder.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I know, right?

But that is the proper term, IronFist.

Check out our 2010 Shaolin Special: Should Warrior Monks Disrobe?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

“I would not let them make contact with me,” said Shi Guo Lin, the head of the U.S. Shaolin Temple in New York City. “Every move, I explain how it would be applied.”
    I guess the second scandal in this story is Guolin doesn't really teach applications? I've never had a coach who felt that an explanation (without hands on demonstration) was sufficient. Are "no-contact" gongfu instruction the norm?

I found that really odd too.

I've taken some lessons from Guolin over the years and he always taught applications. Of course, I always ask when something's unclear. Heck, I remember Guolin popping my chin pretty friggin' hard when demonstrating an armlock escape. He had me and one of my kung fu brothers both put him in arm locks at the same time and he wriggled free and elbowed me on the way out. My brother was all 'I heard that crack. I didn't know it was your jaw'.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips