Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Scandals

yeah yeah I know I made a spelling error.....

at least I don't do Shaolin Do
    Bless you

Blog Entries
    I think this should be posted on this SD thread as well:

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Listen, if someone wanted to combine southern mantis with Taekwondo (to pick a strange example of mixing stuff), Said "this is John Doe's new style" and was happy with it MORE POWER TO THEM

If, on the other hand, they called that creation "Choy Lay Fut" then you are gonna have a lot of people taking him to task

If he says the Taekwondo taegeuk forms he is doing are really ancient Ba Gua forms that everyone else has forgotten, well, some crap is gonna hit the rotary oscillator

If he gets a local sign company to put up a tin sign that says "Kansas City has voted John Doe the best martial artist in the universe".... I think you get the jist
    I think this represents what many feel in the CMA community.
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

And when our President tells us they hate us for our freedom.....

And when condoms tell me they're extra sensitive for my and her pleasure.....

Dude, it's marketing. Get over it. What else is he going to call it? It has animal forms. It's from a Chinese guy who may or may not have learned from a hairy Shaolin dude in the mountains (who also traveled throughout China and Korea and probably picked up a thing or two before landing himself in Indonesia for killing, or not killing, some Reds, who passed it onto an Indonesian immigrant and his brother, both of whom attended U of Kentucky (not a shabby school) in America, and currently teach regular joes like you and me). Call it kung-fu....that's a pretty generic term. Call it karate, if you want. Still means the same thing, pretty much. Is it shaolin? Well, it has tigers, cranes, mantids.....

At one point it was called Shaolin karate. So maybe it's karate with a shaolin emphasis. Maybe karate was just more recognized then than kungfu (which wasn't really a popular term when he started teaching in that land of cultural awareness called Lexington KY).

All I can say is this: Arnold Schwartzennegger attended the opening of Sin The's sports complex. It might not have lasted that long, but the fact Arnold was there means something.......

I think it means that Sin The is actually an supremely intelligent and powerful android from the future who should be treated with the same respect as the President of the United States, or any foriegn dignitary, who can shape shift and climb up greasy poles without the use of his arms, swim with his pecs, and perform 900 forms in a row without a drink of water, a glance at notes, or a second's rest.

Long live Shaolin-Do! The most comprehensive martial art in this sector of the galaxy!

*Please note: these statements were not examined by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States.

quoted by Shaolin Wookie
    A jaded ex-student who's got a grudge because he lost an internet challenge match? Why, yes, it is something to think about......okay
    when you have support and representation at the beginning of the challenge(reluctant support at that) but given nonetheless, and then at the last minute that support is withdrawn, im sure you would feel pretty foolish and let down putting your loyalty and faith, trust and MONEY into an organization that turns its back on you because the instructor lacks the real honor and integrity to back a LOYAL STUDENT when that student has backed them in their endeavors. Is it Jaded to start to listen to those detractors and do your own research and start to discover some things that leave you wondering "why did i ever fall into that"?

Shaolin wookie you have MUCH to learn about your own system and teachers. Not all of them are like the one i used to dedicate myself to, Foolishly i might add. From certain conversations i have had with KY SD'ers(whom i wont mention names) and those who used to be under that same instructor have had some similiar things to say about all the integrity and honor issues. It seems now that the integrity and honor has been replaced with an inflated ego topped off with escalating training fee's. Seems like it has become about the money now,in my and others opinions.
    As for me i am through with it all, i asked my questions and put them to the Main Man Sin The' himself in a good manner(as one member on this forum will attest to) no response as of yet. As for the Austin SD school, could care less about it now, it is still close by though and i avoid it as much as possible.
    There are Few i respect STILL in the SDA and those people are good people and will always remain so in my eyes(some here and others who i have chatted with in person and on this forum and havent met)

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

where there's smoke, there's fire, we don't see threads like this about YC Wong, or Adam Hsu, or Shum Leung, or.... ah, the list is endless
    You forgot sifu Rudy Abel, and yourself, good sir.

There's threads like that about you both. Not saying anything. Just pointing out the facts to keep us all honest. I'm willing to start one about myself, but it would just get ignored, so I'll keep on posting in SD threads so I don't develop an inferiority complex from the lack of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    quoted by Shaolin Wookie

when you have support and representation at the beginning of the challenge(reluctant support at that) but given nonetheless, and then at the last minute that support is withdrawn, im sure you would feel pretty foolish and let down putting your loyalty and faith, trust and MONEY into an organization that turns its back on you because the instructor lacks the real honor and integrity to back a LOYAL STUDENT when that student has backed them in their endeavors. Is it Jaded to start to listen to those detractors and do your own research and start to discover some things that leave you wondering "why did i ever fall into that"?

Shaolin wookie you have MUCH to learn about your own system and teachers. Not all of them are like the one i used to dedicate myself to, Foolishly i might add. From certain conversations i have had with KY SD'ers(whom i wont mention names) and those who used to be under that same instructor have had some similiar things to say about all the integrity and honor issues. It seems now that the integrity and honor has been replaced with an inflated ego topped off with escalating training fee's. Seems like it has become about the money now,in my and others opinions.
    As for me i am through with it all, i asked my questions and put them to the Main Man Sin The' himself in a good manner(as one member on this forum will attest to) no response as of yet. As for the Austin SD school, could care less about it now, it is still close by though and i avoid it as much as possible.
    There are Few i respect STILL in the SDA and those people are good people and will always remain so in my eyes(some here and others who i have chatted with in person and on this forum and havent met)

Peace,TWS
    TWS, I wasn't really digging at you....much.....LOL (just kiddin' around)....but seriously....

You don't buy integrity and you don't buy honesty. No matter which school you visit, you won't get them with your silk pyjamas or gi. They're not addends to a martial arts contract. No matter who you study under, you won't learn these things, and nobody can take them away.

I don't buy half the crap SD purports, and I don't have to. Personally, it's really not that big of a deal. Can I go there and train 4 hrs a day 6 days a week? Yup. Do I get better every time I step on the floor? Yup, even when I don't see it, myself. Do I spar with empty hand, staff, and sword (foam, of course)? Yup. Do I take it personally that some people don't like the grandmaster of said system? Nope.

There's a sifu who always says: "Respect at the door." It means he respects you for walking through that door, challenging yourself, pushing yourself, and improving your fitness, awareness, and memory.

He's an SD instructor. Go figure.

Then there are the SD guys that do have a kind of inferiority complex b/c of some unkind remarks from this great CMA community I keep hearing about (whihc only rallies as one in one circumstance--to lambaste Shaolin-Do, LOL, before returning to trashing each other in cyber-reality [hahaha]) and are always one step away from quitting and turning into detractors.

And then there's TTM......

Still don't get that one.......hehehe......
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 08-15-2007 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Do I get better every time I step on the floor?
    Better at what...?

Stepping out onto the floor, duh.......

TWS has yet to ask GMT anything that I know of so yes he is a Liar in this case. And the jokers at Austin Kung Fu why do you go and challenge the sanmarcos teacher Sean and thin limp home. if you can You guys are all a joke THWY KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

You forgot sifu Rudy Abel, and yourself, good sir.
    well Rudy Abel has nothing to do with this thread (yet, he finds ways to get into the worst of everything apparently)

But what about ME? Let's see, I am called a sell out because I don't "teach kung fu"? Yeah, I just teach people how to fight

No one who is sane has evern questioned that I was a senior disciple of CTS, or that I have extensive TCMA credentials.... so whatever controversy may surround me (most of it is just the green eyed monster) I certainly don't have the long list of questions regarding my past and what I teach like "Sin" does
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

well Rudy Abel has nothing to do with this thread (yet, he finds ways to get into the worst of everything apparently)

But what about ME? Let's see, I am called a sell out because I don't "teach kung fu"? Yeah, I just teach people how to fight

No one who is sane has evern questioned that I was a senior disciple of CTS, or that I have extensive TCMA credentials.... so whatever controversy may surround me (most of it is just the green eyed monster) I certainly don't have the long list of questions regarding my past and what I teach like "Sin" does
    Actually, this thread started out having nothing to do with SD until you made a comment and kenpo schools whoese grandmaster was jojo purchasing steles at the temple. Then everything derailed from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Actually, this thread started out having nothing to do with SD until you made a comment and kenpo schools whoese grandmaster was jojo purchasing steles at the temple. Then everything derailed from there.
    As I am sure you already know, having been here, threads on KFM "bleed" across lines, ie we have the original "Sin The is great, he's got 27 stone tablets" thread on the other forum at the same time, so it seemed natural enough to add... I don't hold my thoughts inside for fear of offending (in case you didn't already notice)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Your thoughts are with out merit or basis of argument you say SKTJ was a figment of someones emagination etc well so was the so called history of your teacher but because he is clean shaven we should just accept that what he said was true right. do you ? maybe your teacher was a liar and all he did was study kung fu under someone and started to teach it. I find no honor of teaching someone how to fight with out the underlying reason for defending oneself. which you apparently have no grasp of. And as before you pass off a record that is a song as your fight record. you evade the question was the lead song I can teach but I cant do so I have no record. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Stepping out onto the floor, duh.......
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    I really hope I get to meet you someday....Dinners on me!!
    BQ

Hey Guys..... What the Fuk...we got 3 threads going now...Thanks LMNOP & others for all the FREE advertising