Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bagua fight footage

May want to calm down a tad, posts like that above quoted can get you banned here.
    So is the statement below you little cogenital defect.

I guess Blow Job II is trying to make a point about bagua or something. Something he knows absolutely nothing about

and what,pretell, was YOUR whole POINT by posting this vid?
    I don't owe a 16 year old, American hating twerp like you any explanation. Your a tiny zit on my a$$. I still remeber your unhinged post about hoping your own country fails over in Iraq and how you think our own soliders get everything they deserve.

So again, I don't owe you nada.

If you can't see an object lesson in that vid than its not my deal.

circle walking in actual combat

well i'm speaking purley from someone who has been in many a fight. one thing people don't seem to get on this forum is that tournament fighting and real fighting are totally defferent your life is not onm the line the ring. now that being said. bagua circle walking actually does work in a fight(this is coming from someone who has utillized it remember) but you have to change things from practice to actual fighting the circle walking is not intended to make people dizzy thats some dumb s hit some bagua teacher probably made up make in the day. its to tach you how to manuever around your oponant how to get behind him effectively. the idea in a real fight is ofcourse to get rid of your opponent as fast of possible. so you could run like the wind before the cops get there or the gusy buddies can catch you.lol

i just hate when people say cma doesn't work cause it does. but i'll say this cma is useless in the ring cause its limited by rules(you can't use a tiger claw to rip someone pec muscle in a ring) i hope people on here are not determining ring fights for real fights.

Fact 90% of all fights do not end up on the floor, there is no evidance stating that, and from my own experience i maybe went to the ground once or twice. cause in nyc the last place you want to be is on the floor cause thats how you get timbaland uped(for thsoe who don't know what that means it mean getting your brains stomped out by your opponents buddies) the idea in a fight is to destroy the target in the quickest amount of time. if for example(i study xing yi) i would use xing yi's drill fist to punch you in the throat followed by its crushing fist to your gut your done thats it fight over, and i'm turning into a track star. well any just adding my two cent to the whole thing. oh and the guy in the clip is one of park bok nams main students and he can actually kick ass that footage is from the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    btw, you don't need to know bagua to know that looked like junk.
    That's true. But you do need to know something about bagua to know if it's bagua that's being represented. For example, Knifefighter has commented that "circle walking bullsh!t doesn't work." But this idea of walking around your opponent isn't what circle walking is. It's like if you saw a boxer skipping, imagined that boxing is when you try to fight someone by hopping up and down and wiggling your hands around, and so started posting online about what unrealistic bullsh!t boxing is. Would anyone take you seriously? Or would they think you're acting like a petulant child? Would anyone think you've got a down-to-earth, scientific mindset? Or would they think you're making yourself look foolish by going around posting diatribes on topics you don't have any experience with?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher M View Post
    That's true. But you do need to know something about bagua to know if it's bagua that's being represented. For example, Knifefighter has commented that "circle walking bullsh!t doesn't work." But this idea of walking around your opponent isn't what circle walking is. It's like if you saw a boxer skipping, imagined that boxing is when you try to fight someone by hopping up and down and wiggling your hands around, and so started posting online about what unrealistic bullsh!t boxing is. Would anyone take you seriously? Or would they think you're acting like a petulant child? Would anyone think you've got a down-to-earth, scientific mindset? Or would they think you're making yourself look foolish by going around posting diatribes on topics you don't have any experience with?
    good post. It's also like someone seeing a video of a BJJ tourney and armchairing about how anonymous man in Gi 1 could've kept his opponent from taking him down. I can hear it now
    "I could've teeped to keep that takedown from happening"
    "But you can't teep in BJJ tournaments"
    "So what's your point?"
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    oh and the guy in the clip is one of park bok nams main students and he can actually kick ass that footage is from the 70's.
    Didn't look like he was able to kick that much ass there.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    its to tach you how to manuever around your oponant how to get behind him effectively.
    Yeah, we saw how effective that worked for him. Sure was able to get behind him effectively. What was the "rule" that prevented him from doing that?

but i'll say this cma is useless in the ring cause its limited by rules(you can't use a tiger claw to rip someone pec muscle in a ring)
    LOL... talk about LARPer's. Nobody in the history of people fighting has ever had his pec muscle ripped by a tiger claw.

i would use xing yi's drill fist to punch you in the throat followed by its crushing fist to your gut your done thats it fight over,.
    More pretend kung fu B.S. Anyone who fights, whether on the ring or the street, knows how hard it is to do this on an aggressive opponent.

Again, we saw how well those crushing fists to the gut worked for that "main student".
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-11-2007 at 08:16 AM.

That's true. But you do need to know something about bagua to know if it's bagua that's being represented.
    I can agree with this statement. That is fair.

So is or is this not Bagua being represented?

The point I make in asking this is simply because in tcma you see one person saying something is good and then the next going the other route and saying its bunk.

Or would they think you're making yourself look foolish by going around posting diatribes on topics you don't have any experience with?
    First off, my post was not a diatribe, it was only a single sentance that gave a brief description of the link, with ZERO alignment to anything. So if that was in reference to me, then you should look up what a diatribe is.

Second, a person does NOT have to have specific experience within a certain style to feel what is being viewed is askew with functional problems, that is an invaild outlook, be this bagua, tai chi, boxing, or martian telepathic wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher M View Post
    But this idea of walking around your opponent isn't what circle walking is.
    Really? The poster above you seemed to think it was. Maybe you kung fu guys should make up your minds, since you supposedly know more about the style than I do.

What do you think it is for?

Maybe you kung fu guys should make up your minds, since you supposedly know more about the style than I do
    Sorry to steal your line Knife,

But this is what I kinda mean, one side says something is what its for, another side says something different. A good example is the Wing Chun forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post
    good post. It's also like someone seeing a video of a BJJ tourney and armchairing about how anonymous man in Gi 1 could've kept his opponent from taking him down. I can hear it now
    "I could've teeped to keep that takedown from happening"
    "But you can't teep in BJJ tournaments"
    "So what's your point?"
    Someone with grappling experience, but no BJJ experience, could easily have valid viewpoints on how " anonymous man in Gi 1 could've kept his opponent from taking him down." Just as someone with full contact fighting experience would have valid opinions about that clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    So is or is this not Bagua being represented?
    I don't know what that guy's training background is. I know that I've never met a legitimate bagua instructor that tells their students to try to walk around people like that. (Although it's an enduring myth from people who don't train bagua.)

First off, my post was not a diatribe, it was only a single sentance that gave a brief description of the link, with ZERO alignment to anything. So if that was in reference to me...
    It wasn't a reference to you. It was a general comment on how these sorts of discussions often go.

Second, a person does NOT have to have specific experience within a certain style to feel what is being viewed is askew with functional problems...
    This is more-or-less right. But you have to have some pertinent experience. An obvious example would be to take someone with no experience in grappling and ask them what they think of a BJJ match. And you also have to know what you're looking at. If you don't understand what skipping is, you're going to see all sorts of functional problems with skipping that are only the product of your own misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Really? The poster above you seemed to think it was.
    That's not the impression I got from his remark. Maybe he can clarify. Hey doug: Is knifefighter right, are you saying that the purpose of circlewalking in bagua is to train people to walk in a circle around someone like we see, for example, at the beginning of that video?

I'll ask you again then?

What do you think the purpose is?

I don't owe a 16 year old, American hating twerp like you any explanation. Your a tiny zit on my a$$. I still remeber your unhinged post about hoping your own country fails over in Iraq and how you think our own soliders get everything they deserve.

So again, I don't owe you nada.

If you can't see an object lesson in that vid than its not my deal.

It just goes to show you all that blow job II is a douche nozzle that spouts more hate and diatribe than i EVER will here. If i am such a tiny zit on your a$$ then why even respond to me? As for my "unhinged post about the war in iraq" Dont rightly remember that post, its no secret that i am against the illegal war going on in iraq and it is ALSO not a secret that i and many of us "america haters"
    think the president you voted for is a complete Idiot, as YOU are when it comes to posting vids to try and passively bash a cma style You are as transparent as ever blow job II.

Sorry guys, this guy is a major tool bag,TWS.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I've been learning Bagua and Shuai Jiao and I will say from my own experience that circle walking works in fighting. You need to be sparring regularly of course. Also you don't take a cool Bagua pose and start walking in a circle before you mix it up. These circles work when you least expect them and catch people off guard. They usally come in short quick circles,swiching up angles and dirrection.

I got some good sparring footage recently that had two bagua circle throws cought on tape. I will put it up in a day or two.

wiz cool C

Id like to see those vids,so i anxiously await them.

I will comment on the vid and say that i pretty much feel as the others do here about how you do not start posing and doing the circle walking at the very beginning. You actually do not pose at all. This vid was and still is a bad example of bagua representation. The guy is a beginner it would seem,ALTHOUGH, he DID show some good rooting when the opponent tried to throw him(as sloppy as the attempt to throw him was).

I have always been taught that when you are using bagua,especially in conjunction with xingyi, that you engage and create a bridge between yourself and the opponent, it is not necessarily an evasion but it eventually turns into that.
    The circle walking teaches how to get around the opponent when you are close in and have created the bridge,not when you are 3feet away. The rooting in bagua was always what i liked most about the system, being able to stay on your feet when grappled with or when a take down is attempted(doesnt always work,though)

Here is a vid to post what I FEEL is a good representation of Bagua in its FORM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5vQm_i09I (ive posted this before in the internal section of the forums.

As for a vid to represent bagua in sparring? I havent seen a good one yet, Maybe wiz cool can provide that for us.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.