Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bagua fight footage

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Except that boxers, (as well as all other unarmed combat athletes) will not be cross stepping. Everyone in boxing, MMA, wrestling, judo, Sambo, and BJJ knows why you don't want to be doing your movements with cross over steps.
    I've never studied any CMA, I admit that, but he is right here. The FIRST thing I learned about footwork was to NEVER cross your feet. If you are even just shoved you will likely fall, as you have no balance with your feet crossed. If the other guy shoots or comes in punching, you are in BIG trouble if your feet are crossed.

I'll see if I can get him to upload it to Youtube, but a guy at my gym executed a PERFECT Judo hip throw at a BJJ tourny on a guy who had a habit of crossing his feet.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

circle walking

Hi all,

I know at least two guys who have full contact experience and have a lot of great ideas on how circle walking is put to use in sparring. By the way, I've never seen either of them cross their feet in fighting practice. As a matter of fact they are adamant that this is a very bad thing to do in a fight. So don't do it.

Tim Cartmell:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuP6cApKAD8

His teacher Luo De Xiu:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWvya9MVhjs

If you really want to get an idea of how circle walking can be quite useful for martial arts training, I suggest you go talk to these guys about it.

-Jess O