Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live from Eagle Claw 2007

Eagle Claw 007 (Live from the Oakland Convention Center)

After viewing a few participants in the tradiional and wu shu forms, now awaiting the continous light sparring (mixed styles). So far the tournament has been lightly attended, but a good turnout of traditional practitiioners.

Live from Eagle Claw 2007

Post this thread real-time at the Oakland Convention Center for the annual traditional martial arts and master's tournament. With 8 different performance areas with practitioners from traditional styles to wu shu, there's a lot of schools whose students have come to compete. While the wu shu, tai chi and tradtional weapons performances continue, in the center ring (raised platform) the continous light sparring competition has begun. All-and-all the martial artist who have turned out have been very enthusiatics and energetic during the performances. What is truly inspriing is the number of young practioners who have come out to perform.

As a Vancouverite....

I am interested to know if any of the Vancouver Sifu went down, I heard that Wilson Wu & Wilkie Wu were going down. Do you know if any other Vancouver Sifu are there? Just curious?
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

Vancouver Sifus

I'm not sure. I need to get my hands on a program. As soon as I know I'll post that info....

Recent visit

actually, I was in Vancouver this past May for the first time. It is truly a wonderful town. Only thing, being a San Francisco native, I was expecting a bit more larger Chinatown. Is it true the larger Asian community lives in Richmond?

After the continous light sparring (around 20-30 matches), then the master's demo begins at 6:00pm. For anyone martial artist fans living in the Bay Area, here's a chance to see the largest gather of grandmasters in while. For those unable to attend, I hear KFM is going to have film crew in taping the masters' demos for a feature DVD release.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    aw, man. After reading the thread title,"Eagle Claw 007," I thought I was gonna see some James Bond Kung-Fu.
    "Shum. Leung Shum."
    or,
    " Mao-Tai martini, Shek-Khen, not stirred!"

I definately think Gini Lau woulda made a great Bond Girl. She's cute.

but,nnooooo.....

My Bad

It meant to put 2007. But I'm sure Bond would be here if he could. He was a master of Ka-ra-ta, if I recall.

Wong....

James Wong. I'm sure there's a martial artist with that name out there somewhere

Still haven't got a program. Do you know the name of Sifu Wu's school?
    Last edited by gregdread; 08-11-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    hey, Greg-is Gini Lau there at the tournament? Is she still a hottie?
    (of course, I'm 50, and you might be a young'un, so you might have different tastes)

I have to look out for her.....

Live from Oakland

The tournament is over and we're all eagerly awaiting the master's demo. There's a fine showing of traditional masters here so it promises to be a treat. Seats are being rearranged and a plum flower stand is being set up for lion dance - I think it's Yau Kung Moon. I'd post video on youtube but we're going to be selling the DVD of the demo, so that would defeat the purpose.

More to come...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sifu Wu's school, there are actually two Sifu by the name of Wu; Wilkie Wu of Bak Mei Kung Fu Club & Wilson Wu of Kung Fu Ocean. I had heard that other were going down just curious.

As to Vancouver's Asian population, there are several malls in the Richmond suburb area (near the airport) that cater specifically to the Chinese community. That area is substantially larger then the old Chinatown. There are also other areas such as Victoria Drive & East 41st Ave., that are like secondary Chinatowns.

Vancouver's Chinatown has geographical challlenges that kind of inhibited it from growing any further, not to mention the 'skid row' area adjacent to it that has hurt Chinatown's night time business.

Anyhow looking forward to updates on the San Fran event.
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    hey, Greg-is Gini Lau there at the tournament? Is she still a hottie?
    (of course, I'm 50, and you might be a young'un, so you might have different tastes)

I saw her here at the Taiji Legacy a few weeks back. I am younger, so my idea of hot is an 18yo Maxim Magazine model.

And what is this thread doing in the Training and Health forum??
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.