Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shamanism, demonism, and some satanic imagery in Southern Arts

Shamanism, demonism, and some satanic imagery in Southern Arts

I'm kind of new to the Southern Chinese Martial Arts scene, but Grandmaster Andy recently introduced some sets from Southern Praying Mantis and Southern Tiger. He had us do some incense burning rituals, bow to some idols, and other ceremonial practices.

I stood aloof and didn't participate because it's against my Christian beliefs. Does anyone else here have these same issues? I'm not saying they're Satanic in nature, but they do seem somewhat like what we Westerners, and Eastern Easterners would associate with cultic devil worship.

I need some advice.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

BTW, why are there so many swatstikas in Southern Chinese emblems? I didn't think the Nazis were in China. I know they were in Japan, but certainly not China. Does anyone know a book that might explain this to me?
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

If you're uncomfortable bowing to statues and burning incense then don't do it. Have a sensible conversation with your teacher about it and I'm sure it'll be OK. He's unlikely to insist that you do it (indeed, it would be strange and concerning if he did). It's not an intrinsic thing for southern arts, it's just a chinese thing.
    As for Swastikas
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    BTW, why are there so many swatstikas in Southern Chinese emblems? I didn't think the Nazis were in China. I know they were in Japan, but certainly not China. Does anyone know a book that might explain this to me?
    The Swastika had been around a long time before Hitler ruined it for everyone else.

this is in the culture. statues...you dont have to bow to them or offer anything to them. and it should not offend anyone. these arts in themselves originate in the spirit realm and translated in the carnal. roast meats r also offered up at certain gatherings and then the people at the gathering eat the meat, again you dont have to eat from that source.

cjurakpt Guest
    um, everyone knows JT is just jerkin' you around, right?

anyway, I checked out the thread becase I thought he was talking about the prevealence of devil worship iconography in local crafts-work from rural Louisiana...my bad...

cjurakpt Guest
    they are everywhere, including in your pancreas...check out "The Islets of Langerhan: Insulin Producers or Nazi Hideout?" by H.L.Stottlemeyer

I think THIS should definitively prove, once and for all, how medically astute I am...

cjurakpt Guest
    I need some advice.
    lather, apply, rinse, repeat

what else can there be?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I used to be opposed to all that right-wing Christian beliefs stuff.
    But, NO LONGER! I'm gonna get me a shiksa!

http://blog.christiandomesticdiscipl...unishment.aspx

the swastika is not a German symbol. Its found in many cultures even ancient Jewish pottery has some cases of swastikas. Its mostly known for is Indian origin. Its a holy symbol to many Indian religions and cultures. Its a positive symbol that was perversely used by hilter.
    Why should these cultures and religions stop using it since it has no relationship to Nazism? Should Christians stop using the cross since the KKK burned crosses?

Its part of their religion and culture to burn incense and have statues. Just do the same thing I do when I visit churches. Be respectful and don't be a dumb ***. If you don't want to participate then don't. Its not satanic... ROFL
    I suggest looking up Kali..
    Last edited by monji112000; 08-13-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I used to be opposed to all that right-wing Christian beliefs stuff.
    But, NO LONGER! I'm gonna get me a shiksa!

http://blog.christiandomesticdiscipl...unishment.aspx
    I'm a devout Christian and that sickened me
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

After reading the article on that link, all I can say is:

Ten, you need to change your handle to Daisy Pink

keep it up Bandit, and yer lookin fer a spanking
    and you're expected to be nude for your spanking, and implements might be used, such as a riding crop, belt or lexan paddle. then we can cuddle.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 08-13-2007 at 01:33 PM.

I wonder how many different forms of "discipline" they use on their kids, and what they deem appropriate. Do they spank the mom in front of the children so they can learn the value of discipline? Do the children spank the parents if they are out of line?
    "Dad, it's time for your spanking. You are to be nude and in the appropriate position...."
    let's not forget-these are probably the majority of votors outside the metro areas.
    these sick bastids probably outlawed the Harry Potter books from their schools.