Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shamanism, demonism, and some satanic imagery in Southern Arts

Puritans' sexuality is still riddled with cavemen guilt factor. So, recreational use of sex in any form is bad for them

Reply]
    I doubt Cavemen had any guilt about anything, let alone sex.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

For the matter of common sense in christianity i suggest: http://www.atheistdictionary.com/

truth be told we are each of us alone in what we believe in.

alternately, we can be quite stupid in our denial of that which is self evident.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    let's start with: what are your christian beliefs?

and what I mean by that is are your beliefs christian or religious and stemming from a particular sect or church?
    I'm a Tractarian, with particular faith in Tract No. 90. I also like 62, by the way.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    The term Satan is derived from a word found in Zorosterism, which was a religion that was a huge exponent of Good Vs. Evil.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian- that maybe a not uncommon misunderstanding and oversimplification of Zoroastrian perspectives. There is good and there is evil---but there are inter-relationships. The Academy Award winning movie "Crash" hasa Zorosastrian overlay...the same cop who is a racist ends up rescuing a black woman from underneath a burning car. Another young cop who at first seems likea good guy ends up deliberately shooting an innocent black man. paradoxes.
    Plus Zoroastrianism is NOT a missionary religion.

joy chaudhuri
    Zoroaster and his cousin were missionaries. When they converted Vishtapa, were they not acting on this impulse?

I win.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Being the idiot I am...

Quote Originally Posted by byond1 View Post
    This cant be a serious thread!!

First - "Satanic" doesnt really exist. Its from:
    But then where does the word "Satanic" come from? It's in the dictionary. It's in the Bible, too, which makes it true.

You don't make any sense, mate. I get hte feeling you have absolutely no idea what in the hell you're talking about. When the day of redemption comes, will you be ready?

1)Old world Orthodox Christians who took deities from other cultures and manipulated them into being "evil/Santanic/Demonic"
    Then why is there a Satan in old Jewish tracts, going all the way back to Moses, or even to the Book of Genesis, especially with regard to the Silures?

2) People who are opposed to Christianity, and want to be their "villain" thus run with the term to make others uncomfortable typicaly working within a system of Humanism that has nothing to do with black magic or evil.
    Yeah, but we'll get the last laugh when they're burning for eternity in the fiery depths of Hell, prodded by winged demons when they surface from the lakes of boiling pitch.

3) A generic term for those practising 'black magic". Which there are systems of magic deemed black, in all cultures. There deemed black because of the intent behind it or the means of one achiveing ones goal.
    Why are you brining race into this issue? I know voodoo is largely a "black" thing, but it doesn't mean there are sinister intents behind it.

The term Satan is derived from a word found in Zorosterism, which was a religion that was a huge exponent of Good Vs. Evil.
    Zoroastrianism was that religion, and there was no good and evil. There were two parts of Ahura Mazda--Ahriman and Ormazd. Light and dark. Both components of their chief god--the only god. God in three persons.

But they got that from the Jews, anyways. They just copied it from the Bible.

I find the Christian term "pagan" absolutly hilarious. A true Pagan, based on the definition of the word, is someone that Anthropamorphisises the devine. Hence anyone that makes god a "man or woman" is a pagan by the definition. Hence christians are THE most pagan as they believe god is actually in a specific human form.
    You may need grammar lessons. I'm not judging. I just think your spelling could use some work. I don't like your use of gerunds, either. Anyways, God was never in human form. He was always God. Humans are made in the image of god. So where you see God in human form, it's really God in God's form. Only you don't have the divine essence, and Christ does to this day.

The modern religion that calls itself the "old religion" isnt really the old religion, and is imbalanced as Christianity. The one one focuses on the Male aspect, the modern Wica on the Female. The true Old religion that Taoism is a great example of, it its pure forms, do not worship any human style deities. There is the Male and Female aspects of the One. We seek to find harmony with that, not beg it for tricks and blessings. This was true of ancient druidism, Hermetics, Kabala (jewish/egyption/chaldean/Greek) and Gnositic. The true old religion/esoteric science, is typicaly degraded in all cultures, in the common person/peasant/farmer cast, into being filled with human type gods and goddess or god and angles or female god and nature spiritis.

Also many of the old religions/esoteric science, hide the knowledge with exoteric bollocks.

The true teachings of christ, which i have all the respect for are found in Gnositicm. Of cource they were killed off by the the Orthodox christians as they didnt want the general public to know, that orthodox teaching isnt waht christ taught.

The old testement has been mistranslated for hundreds of years by christians attempting to make the book support the new testament, which is impossible, as the Old testament is actually the core book of the Jewish Kabala, and if translated properly goes against everything supposedly said in teh new testament.

Its also proven that everythign in the old testament is found in older cultures than the jews. Hence they learned the stories from the Chaldeans/Babalonians and summarians. This has been proven via finding clay tablets dating to pre jew times. The old testament is a retelling of stories that all old cultures contain, especialy the flood. Hidden in the language and prose is the esoteric doctrine with at least 7 layers of differant interpretation.

The new testament...hmmmm. Well the oldest complete copy from 350ad Mt.Siani, has been found that HUGE chunks of the gospels were erased and than new material added in. They actualy used ultraviolent scanning to determine this. Even the ink used at differant periods was discovered. And the older material, has been cross referanced with other scraps found in other places. In fact all the passages of St.John and the later gospels that speciaficaly name Jesus as THE son of god were written in AFTER the fact.

The fact that the bible suggests a 6000 year old creation story is a joke. Suggesting fossels of Dinasours and Lucy are hoax is the biggest joke of all times. It is understood that the poles on the earth shift every so often. When this occures a flood happens. Continents rise. Continets fall. Hence the last flood was 10,ooo years ago. So just in our period of living since the last flood 10,000 years have passed.

Personaly i think the person that started this thread should be like all good christians. You should try and convert everyone you meet, and if they refuse, you should torture and kill them.

B

I didn't address the latter half of the argument. To be honest, it bored me. I think you need to read your Bible au pied de la lettre. You could learn a thing or two.

Being the idiot I am...

As a Tractarian, I view the new ideals of liberalism in Christianity as nothing more than a mere sanction to civil morality, or helps to the constable and hangman. What a world, to view God as a gentleman, who would hardly send one to hell for gentlemanly sins!

I am vexed by Christian moderation.

Being the idiot I am...

Brian 1 sez

The original poster disresepected not only Shamism but Southern Chinese beliefs as well as any which are not from his tiny little mold.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((The original poster is just trolling.))

joy chaudhuri

Christi-yawn-ity

John, sleep safe in the Christian Shaolin Ninja Commune. "CSNC: keepin' it r3al"

New Southern kung fu, NOW with more Satanism!!!!11eleven. It's G-R-R-REAT!!!!!11. PLUS, Sign-up now and receive free Yoni worship. Fun for all the family for all eternity!!!!!!!*. This deceptively attractive offer is open to all**. Normal conditions apply.

This week only: free Southern spam. Hungry? It doesn't matter!!!! You'll love Southern spam!!!!!! Email NOW to claim your free spam!!!!!!!!!

*Or until reincarnated as an Aegyptian pharaoh with lasers, whichever is sooner. Post-mortem experience may differ from that advertised.
    ** Virgins will pay a higher price, though a discount is available for groups of ...thirteen.

[signed]
    Teh D3vil

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    pagan, is derived from paganus, which were the people living in the rural areas outside the church and city, just as heathan, is from the heaths, or the fields. They practiced a natural.earth-based religion,focusing on their survival-fertility,health,and the changing of the seasons, hense the focus on the Mother,and all the fertility rites.
    Satan comes from hasataan-hebrew (or aramaic?) for adversary. If one accepts that God, being all knowing, and all powerful, creator of the universe, then one must also aknowledge that Satan is a creation of God, and serves a divine purpose. The term,"devil's adversary" means someone who takes the opposing point of view, in order for you to make your argument stronger. Satan challenges your faith, thus making it stronger. Without a "Devil," the Church would be out of business. Who would they "save" you from? You would have no need to seek their guidance, or their shelter. This is why they constantly preach on about Revelations, and fire and brimestone, and eternal ****ation. Take away the fear for your immoratal soul, and what do you have?
    Man gravitates towards spirituality. All forms of spiritual practice serve the same end, unification with the divine. Satan is simply a method for the church and christian fundamentalists to maintain control of their flock-you, the sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    you, the sheeple.
    I think we should boycott that word after it was used in a Scion commercial.