Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thor?

sword hottie alert
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I loved the first one.
    I have high hopes for this one.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Starving Chris Hemsworth dislocates finger mastering jiu-jitsu

"Thor' star Chris Hemsworth is nursing a painful hand injury after dislocating his finger while trying to master Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

The actor was practising the martial art with a pal when he fell awkwardly.

Hemsworth recalls, "He was showing me a thing or two and I fell back on it and it ended up at a right angle to my hand and the knuckle was sitting, like, half an inch down under my hand.

"My friend grabbed it and put it back in but it is rather swollen still."

And to make matters worse, Hemsworth is also starving himself for a new role in a film about the true events that inspired author Herman Melville to write 'Moby ****.'

He explains, "(It's about) a bunch of sailors in a whaling ship, which gets struck by a whale, the ship sinks and they jump onto the small rafts and drift for 90 days and begin to die and eat each other.

"We have to get rather skinny, so we're on about five or six hundred calories a day... You've never heard 15 guys, big burly guys playing sailors, talking about their calorie count and what they should and shouldn't eat.

"It ends up being a couple of small salads, a couple of small pieces of protein and that's kind of it. You go to bed hungry and then you have a fasting period of, like, 15 hours... and then you have little meals through the day."

Some images

This one stands to be more sci-fi/fantasy rather than super-hero-ey. Which maybe means more swords.

The Official Review

THOR: THE DARK WORLD - A Review & Discussion with Stuntman Chris Brewster

I went through a few other versions with more to say about Viking L.A.R.Ping and such. These guys look like a fun bunch.

The interviews with Chris and Tom (Thor and Loki) are hilarious.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

This sums it up for me.

So relevant to everything we discuss here.

Thor & Loki hug it out in Chinese ‘Thor: The Dark World’ poster mix-up
    By Will Perkins | Wide Screen – Fri, 8 Nov, 2013 2:38 PM EST

And here we thought Thor and his villainous half-brother Loki didn’t get along!
    A hilarious mix-up at a Shanghai, China cinema has resulted in a fan-made image being used as the official poster for “Thor: The Dark World.” The digitally altered image, which originally turned up on Reddit, features Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in an uncharacteristically tender embrace -- it's likely the work of erotic fan fiction enthusiasts. Why the theatre opted to use the fan-made poster and not the official Chinese “Thor: The Dark World” poster is unknown.

The original “Thor 2” poster depicts Thor (Chris Hemsworth), hammer in hand, protecting main squeeze Jane Foster (Natalie Portman). The Thor/Loki version, on the other hand, implies that the two demigod half-brothers are in some sort of romantic relationship (only in your dreams and Tumblr blogs, Internet weirdos!). Though the fake poster may be taking liberties with the true nature of the Asgardians’ relationship, it at least it gets the movie’s title right -- the Chinese characters on both posters literally translate to “God of Thunder.”
    Erotic fan fiction is a little-discussed element of fandom, but one that has had a surprising impact on the literary world and in Hollywood. This poster mix-up is just a case of that fandom being exposed to the greater public. E.L. James’ infamous “Fifty Shades of Grey” began its life as “Twilight Saga” S&M fanfic, and Cassandra Clare’s “The Mortal Instruments” series started off as a hard-edged “Harry Potter” fan-fiction called “The Draco Trilogy.”
    Thor and Loki are far from the only unlikely gay coupling to come out of the fan community. One of the most famous fan-fiction tropes is called Kirk/Spock, an entire fan-made subgenre which depicts Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock of “Star Trek” fame as being in a serious romantic/sexual relationship. If you can think of two or more fictional characters, there’s a good chance that there’s a small but dedicated online community devoted entirely to writing about and/or illustrating a relationship between them.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

over all a good flick. i enjoyed it at least. broke away from the superhero style and was really just a fantasy movie.

great special effects, a lot of fun in 3d.

the dark elves were cool.

heimdall (idris Elba) gets a bad ass action scene too.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Well Gene....

This does beg the question of will there be a gay super hero? Surely one of them is in the closet at this point, so who's the 'gayest' (I mean this in the best way imaginable) super hero?

Lets speculate...lots of colorful tight package hugging outfits, some of these villans and super heros have been in many a parade...

The go to would be if there was a Catholic Priest Super Hero aka the Pope, but that hasn't seem to come across in comic book lore.

My money is on Samewise Gamji or Mr Xavier (he's just a little too meticulous). Not that there is anything wrong with that Lucas...just saying.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

I thought there was a gay superhero already...

This is a question for DS. He is an authority on such matters....

um, comics, I mean, not gays, not necessarily...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thor's youngest brother?Attachment 7913
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

The 80's are calling . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This is a question for DS. He is an authority on such matters....

um, comics, I mean, not gays, not necessarily...
    A gay superhero!?

Get with the times. There was one in the 80's. He was a French/Canadian Mutant named Northstar.

Since then,. dozens of superheroes have come out of the closet — mainstream and indie characters. Including official DC comics BATMAN/SUPERMAN analogs Midnighter/Apollo and the post don't-ask-don't-tell BATWOMAN

And let's not forget Archie Comics