Thread: Blood Money

Blood Money

Gordon Liu & Pitbull? I'm in.

Official - Blood Money Trailer.mov

www.bloodmoneymovie.com

This is a showcase for Zheng Liu, who is allegedly from Shaolin.
    Blood Money - Zheng Liu breaking REAL STEEL
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thank God Pitbull is playing himself...whew.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Pitbull

Hip hop & kung fu. Been there, done that.
    WATCH: Pitbull Makes His Acting Debut (As Pitbull!) In Shaolin Drug Cartel Actioner Blood Money
    This week the Miami-based rapper/Men In Black 3 ditty composer known as Pitbull makes his acting debut in the martial arts/action film Blood Money playing himself, naturally — a rapper who just happens to drop club bangers before giving sage drug game advice like "Go hard or go home!" to stone-faced visitors after the show. WHY THE HELL NOT. And yes, Blood Money is actually about a Shaolin priest who becomes a hitman after his family is killed, and it stars Zheng Liu, billed as "the next Bruce Lee," not to mention Hong Kong legend Gordon Freaking Liu (The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, 8 Diagram Pole Fighter, Kill Bill). My takeaway from that is: At long last, bald twins Pitbull and Gordon Liu are in the same movie! Without further ado, watch Pitbull singing his own "Miami Boyz" and advising a wannabe Scarface in Movieline's exclusive clip.

Blood Money Exclusive "Pitbull" Clip [HD]: Pitbull Says To Go Hard Or Go Home

I'd love to have seen Pitbull rap with dancing ladies, dispense advice to criminals, and then also do somersaults over speeding motorcycles and throw knives and roundhouse kick baddies like Zheng Liu does in the rest of this movie. Alas, the Pitbull of Blood Money is all about the music. Perhaps in his next movie he'll join the ranks of MCs-turned-action stars and defeat an army of cartel thugs with his sick party beats or something. Meanwhile, Blood Money's "next Bruce Lee" should make this an intriguing view for action fans; with the exception of those clearly CG throwing blades that Liu keeps hurling into his enemies, the action relies on practical stunts rather than digital ones. I'm told Liu actually broke a steel bar on his head and the sound you hear was actually captured on location and not foleyed in afterwards. The elder Liu, a living legend, reportedly suffered a stroke last year and has been relatively absent from the public eye since. He also has a role in RZA's upcoming The Man With The Iron Fists, and from his few scenes in the trailer it looks like he still had it whenever he filmed this movie.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Dept. of WTF

I like the notion of 'Hyperviolent Shaolin Drug Flick' as a film genre.
    Department of WTF
    Pitbull, The Actor, Debuts in Blood Money, a Hyperviolent Shaolin Drug Flick Set in Miami
    By S. Pajot Fri., Sep. 7 2012 at 6:00 PM
    Categories: Department of WTF, Local Music, News

Ever since stepping off la esquina, Mr. 305 has harbored deep hopes of becoming Mr. Hollywood.

So whenever he hasn't been too busy honing his craft in Bud Light commercials or buttering up movie biz elites with personalized remixes of the Men in Black III theme, this budding thespian has dedicated countless quiet hours to the careful study of Stanislavski and Strasberg.

Thus, Pitbull, The Actor, is finally ready for his close up.

And making his feature-film acting debut in a hyperviolent Shaolin drug flick entitled Blood Money, Pit gets some serious screen time.

Starring legendary Chinese action star Gordon Liu alongside Zheng "The Next Bruce Lee" Liu and helmed by Gregory McQualter (the writer, director, and producer of such films as, uh, Blood Money, Blood Money, and Blood Money), this coked-out martial arts murder movie has received an exceptional rating of 2.7 stars (out of 10) from 149 IMDB users.

The synopsis: Zheng Zhou (the younger Liu) is a Shaolin badass whose family was kidnapped and slaughtered. With no other options, he gets into the drug game as an enforcer and assassin, just as Hong Kong crime syndicate the Dragon Triad and a Colombia cartel hook up to hustle 2,000 pounds of crack cocaine through the Port of Miami. But suddenly, the deal goes bad. So drug thugs drive sexy superpowered sports cars through South Beach backalleys. Pitbull performs "Miami Boyz" at a place called the Ocean Club. And as Zheng says, "everybody" gets killed.

In a 91-second scene (previewed exclusively by Movieline.com), Pit sits down (after partying on SoBe with las mamis, but before the whole world gets murdered) to sagely counsel a Colombian cartel meathead in the ways of the game:

Pitbull: These baseheads ain't got no cash. The oldest rule in the book's supply and demand. You know that.

[Pause as Colombian cartel meathead stares blankly.]

Pitbull: This is cut coke, cut prices. Discount cocaine. I mean, these people have a direct connect now. If that's the type of lifestyle you're trying to live, I suggest you find a new game. You know how they say, "Go hard or go home."

Colombian cartel meathead: What market they doin'?

Pitbull: [Befuddled] ****! I don't know about no ****in' markets. Dope game ... Not for me. I'm in the music.

[Pause as Colombian cartel meathead stares blankly.]

Pitbull: [Snickeringly] But you know what they say, "Put your ear to the groud, the streets are talkin'."

No ****, Pit. We just put una oreja to the pavement and these calles are saying ... "Go buy Blood Money on DVD for only $7.97 via Amazon. Daleee!"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

First forum review!

Pitbull only appears in a small cameo. It's one of the last appearances of Gordon Liu before his stroke. Gordon has a minor yet pivotal role as a Shaolin monk. He speaks English and does a short Kung Fu scene, but it's hardly enough. The lead is Zheng Liu, who glowers about doing his best Bruce impersonation. It's Colombian drug dealers vs. Chinese drug dealers with some tattooed bikers tossed in. The film wants to be Scarface meets Enter the Dragon but misses by a mile. Forget dialog - this flick goes for the record number of F-bombs. All of the women are victims. There's a lot of CGI effects used for shotgun blasts to the face, flying needle darts and shattered glass. Having just seen Jackie's Police Story 1 again recnetly, which is an orgy of real shattering glass, BM just doesn't measure up. Alas, kids today... The fights are very mediocre - no impact - and the staffs are so rubbery, they look like swimming pool noodles. If someone would just edit together all of Gordon's scenes from this film and post that on YouTube, that would extract all of the value from BM.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Huh...

I stopped at "Shaolin Drug Cartel"
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong