Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thor?

Thor?

I hear that thor is one of the next comic hero movies to hit the scene.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Hopefully!!!!
    1 Sam. 16:7

Looks to be up after Iron Man - if it pans out. Rumors abound that Marvel is gearing up for a full-on Avengers movie.

Hey Zeus "El Saviour" Christe, if we get a good Thor and Captain America movie, I'll actually pay for a Marvel comic again.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

The revamped Hulk will be after Iron Man.

I'm fearful of creative license with how a movie studio would make Thor look. I wouldn't be surprised either if they made him speak in perfect American english, rather than with a Germanic accent.

If only Frank Miller would do Thor and have Jack Kirby as a visual advisor, or at least Simonson. I think Jeremy Irons might make an interesting Loki., or maybe even David Bowie. Just a thought.

dude jack kirdy's dead been dead for a while a long while

Mathew (layer cake & Stardust) Vaughn has signed on to Produce and perhaps direct a THOR film. There's been some rumors of using Weta's production design and FX crew for it as well.

Sounds interesting. As stated above, I hope there won't be too much artistic license applied.

This just in . . .

The rumors are flying about struggles between director Matthew Vaughn and Marvel about who should wield Mjolnir, with Marvel's alleged lead candidate Paul Levesque (popularly known as wrestler Triple H) being no good for Vaughn.

Then IESB claims that Vaughn's favorite for the part is "Rome" actor Kevin McKidd is the right guy for the pointy helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    The rumors are flying about struggles between director Matthew Vaughn and Marvel about who should wield Mjolnir, with Marvel's alleged lead candidate Paul Levesque (popularly known as wrestler Triple H) being no good for Vaughn.

Then IESB claims that Vaughn's favorite for the part is "Rome" actor Kevin McKidd is the right guy for the pointy helmet.
    That wouldn't be too bad. He at least is a good actor.
    However I hope they pay attention to the characters enough to not let them come across looking too hokey.
    I still shudder when I think of the Cap movie.

Does anyone remember the Shield/Nick Fury Tv pilot with David Hasslehoff?(priceless)

Also the Man Thing movie was so bad it became comedy just to see a man in a rubber suit.

Man, I would hope they wouldn't use Paul Levesque; he would either speak in a typical American accent or come off as more of a joke trying to do a Scandinavian accent.

I might get plastered for this, but at least appearance-wise, a young Dolph Lundgren would have been a better fit, though I can't say one way or another on his acting. I'm sure he could have suppressed his acquired American accent for the role.

But I think a European would be better for the part anyway. (and for Odin, Loki, etc.).

anyone watch that movie Pathfinder?

I liked the somewhat dark, melodic feel they gave the vikings.

Thor needs a tad smidgen of that dark, viking, deathseeking, vallhalla nut riding, die by the sword living berserker mind set.

if its all bright and marvely ill probably be upset.

it needs to have on evil SOB to play loki, and thor needs to be as hardcore as Hercules mixed with Conan and with a twist of batman.

I wonder what kind of story line they will go with. Hopefully they won't mess it up like they did Fantastic Four.

If they wanted to do CGI stuff they could do the Ragnarok kinda story line, with Syrtr (sp?), the midguard serpeant, frost giants, the Fenris wolf and the like. Or maybe even the death of Balder, and get some hottie to play the Enchantress.

How about the Thor storyline where he gets turned into a frog and roams Central Park?
    Or a Beta Ray Bill appearance?

Leaked Thor Footage

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Extremely disappointing...one of my favorite Marvel super heros...no wonder they want it covered up. Horrible. I would prefer an Anime or cgi film over this.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost