Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thor?

i thought it looked cool. but that long as trailer bored the hell out of me...i shouldnt have been bored...lol, HH what exactly didnt you like about this? remember this is a marvel movie, not some hollywood studio. and they usually do a good job with their characters.... i.e. iron, the second hulk movie, blade.

Good cast...

...but I'm not confident with Branagh as a director. He does great Shakespeare, but remember what a mess he made of Frankenstein.

If only our melon hammers weren't quite so melony, we could coattail sales on this.

Anyone know who's doing fight choreography for this?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing;1029282z
    Anyone know who's doing fight choreography for this?
    Stephen Colbert
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Stephen Colbert
    Exactly! Except not as funny.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

gary ray stearns, this is his first time as a choreagrapher but he has been a stunt performer in alot of films..stunt coordination is being handled by the armstrong brothers who are also doing the green hornet film. i mean its whatever im really not a fan of thor so this film isnt even on my to see radar.

Looks fantastic to me.

But so did The Last Airbender.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i thought it looked cool. but that long as trailer bored the hell out of me...i shouldnt have been bored...lol, HH what exactly didnt you like about this? remember this is a marvel movie, not some hollywood studio. and they usually do a good job with their characters.... i.e. iron, the second hulk movie, blade.
    Well like you, it was boring, the plot looked atrocious, the costume and the guy playing Thor (A nordic god) looked weak. Might have been better cast with Steven Seagal in the lead! Nothing to be intrigued by. Maybe its my fault, the Avengers and Thor were amongst my favorite comic book heroes...Thor is probably one of the badassest superheroes...it was pathetic and I'm not a harsh movie critic. I have really enjoyed the Blade series, Spiderman, Xmen, Iron Man etc...hulk and fantastic four were ok at best. It just seems as good as some of these films have been in recent years, they could have put something much more Marvelous together.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 07-30-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

This guy looks weak?? Got this off of Marvel.com

http://marvel.com/images/790407./fro...mode/fullsize/
    Last edited by dirtyrat; 07-30-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrat View Post
    This guy looks weak?? Got this off of Marvel.com

http://marvel.com/images/790407./fro...mode/fullsize/
    Yep, from the looks of it, he can barely lift that hammer...he's got girl arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Yep, from the looks of it, he can barely lift that hammer...he's got girl arms.
    lol! well, you got a point there....

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

If only our melon hammers weren't quite so melony, we could coattail sales on this.

If you can't quite work out the Thor angle you can always go with the old standby - Sex! (it sells):

I understand they needed to tie in the movie with the Avengers project, but they really missed the boat with this one. ( I will still see it, the trailer is'nt that bad)
    But the tales of Germanic mythology that they could have taken from would have made this a super heroe-esque movie of the ilk of Lord of the Rings. The stories from the Edda and Poetic Edda are rich and more than enough to build a script from, especially the ragnarok arc, but, I guess they figured most viewers wouldn't buy in.
    I think the casting looks good, it was good to see the brothers three in the trailer, and addition of the destroyer is a nod to Thor comic fans. I actually wish they would have casted someone a bit heftier to be Odin.
    It is my hope that these next Marvel movies won't fail and crush the idea of super hero movies, but I also hope that the movie studios will come to realize that most of the stories are already so developed in the comics that they don't need to go so far from the foundations that are already laid down. Just use the comics themselves like a story board and make a comic based movie truly based on the comic.

i think we are all forgetting that, when thor first started out,it was as a human who when using the hammer would turn into thor. and i think they wanted to touch on that, instead of the whole norse myth thing. they could save that. i mean yeah it would have been kinda cool...but then it wouldnt have been a movie about a super hero now would it?

MARVEL is working off of the template developed in the ULTIMATE line of comics... in this case THE ULTIMATES.

The "is he crazy or is he a god?" is straight out of that series.

As well as Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

I would bet much of the Avengers movie will be, a'hem; drawn from this permutation of the comic series.

Thor: The dark world

The Sequel to THOR (and maybe THE AVENGERS a little bit) opens in U.S. theaters this Friday.