Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Listen

Lightbulb Listen

Don't think about being good in the next year or five years...think about being good in the next 50 years. Learn to love the process of being good, not the anticipation of being good.

He speaks the truth.

the problem is the majority of chinese styles

dont work

mma and forward thinking beats all the end

u should all accept that and take what u can from wherever u can
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

LOL @ having to conciously make the system you are training in "look" a certain way. This is the theoretical non-fighters' view of how they think fighting is supposed to be.

Who cares how it "looks"? Fighting doesn't look a certain way because you try to make it that way... it looks a certain way based on each specific situation and any rules that might be present.

The reality based combat systems don't care about how something "looks" because they are based on functionality. A boxing, wrestling, Judo, Samb, MMA or BJJ coach would never even think about giving a speech like that because it is completely irrelevant. A functionally based coach would be talking about strategies, techniques and tactics, not some gobbldigook about making one's art look a certain way.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-12-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Chinese styles do work just because you cant apply the technique does not mean someone else can. You are right about conciously make the system you are training in "look" a certain way. It should be praticed enough that its unconscious.
    Don't think about being good in the next year or five years...think about being good in the next 50 years. Learn to love the process of being good, not the anticipation of being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hung gar View Post
    Chinese styles do work just because you cant apply the technique does not mean someone else can.
    According to the person giving the speech, the techniques were not working. According to him, the forms and weapons work was not being translated into fighting. That was his whole point in his "make it look like CMA" speech.

Maybe it's not a matter of making in "unconcious" (after all the weapons and forms would have been at this unconcious level), but more a matter of the forms not being applicable to fighting.

What i am say is that the applaciton shoud be pacticed to a piont of unconscious not the forms.

[QUOTE=golden arhat;786393]the problem is the majority of chinese styles

dont work

thats a bs quote that would be lack experience and being young and fullish at heart

Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post

thats a bs quote that would be lack experience and being young and fullish at heart
    look we have proved time and again that what we do works and what u do does not

this is undisputed

and until u can prove me wrong u can not say the opposite

oh yeah and btw i'm chjanging what i said from "most chinese styles"
    to

"most traditional styles" so at least i'm not a rascist

some principles and methods can be adapted and taken fromTMA but in their present state most trad styles

dont work

period

flame all u want

I took his speech as a call for the return of "testing what works" (being as he mentioned it) and progression; I guess a narrowminded person would assume that when he said to fight with your style he meant that you should ditch all other fighting styles.

golden arhat just because you have no talent for tmc doesn't mean you should put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hung gar View Post
    golden arhat just because you have no talent for tmc doesn't mean you should put it down.
    Although I'm sure that Arhat doesn't have much talent in "Traditional Martial China" I think that he simply wants to see a progressive martial arts community. Unfortunately he isn't very diplomatic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    Although I'm sure that Arhat doesn't have much talent in "Traditional Martial China" I think that he simply wants to see a progressive martial arts community. Unfortunately he isn't very diplomatic about it.
    ur right

i have no tact i just tell it like it is

i would like to see a wrld where we all take whats useful from everywhere
    adhere to principles instead of pointless flowery things

the fruit not the flower

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    ur right

i have no tact i just tell it like it is
    lol