Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Listen

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Actually, identifying the fruit loops is relevant... let's look at what said fruit loop has actually said in the past;

As if that little tid-bit wasn't precious enough in and of itself......

yeah, I'm performing surgery with a rusty butter knife in the backyard tomorrow, please feel free to drop by
    Does this guy think he's one of those "psychic vampires"?

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    Does this guy think he's one of those "psychic vampires"?
    me, personally, I am a love vampire......

and head of the new Scam-Lin Doh cult!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Hung gar View Post
    he obviously needs to do more stance training.

Originally Posted by lkfmdc Here's a simple question, why is it that all we hear is whining and biotching about how everyone that fights "looks like kickboxing"? So where are the people fighting, in some realistic full contact format, looking like "a crane"? Or "a snake"?

Because full contact format is not real kung fu its good for practicing distance and timing . In da street nicca I shoot my S**t like a **** crane and a f**kin tiger.
    Don't think about being good in the next year or five years...think about being good in the next 50 years. Learn to love the process of being good, not the anticipation of being good.

No martial arts is the end all, be all of fighting. There are too many variables.

My sifu is also a cop by day. He uses a lot of the Chin and Shuia Chiao in his job. That comes directly from our style. He does however foregoes the high kicks and fancy stuff that we learn in class. Right tool for the right job. We learn all the other stuff so that we have them in our arsenal. Train harder than needed. We train kicking to the face so that its easier to kick the groin.

Being able to ascertain what works and what doesn't work for a particular situation your in at the time is up to the practitioner. If you are studying a well rounded art you should be able survive.

BJJ has flaws, CMA has flaws, TKD has flaws, etc. However, each and every art has something to offer. They have not lasted centuries cause there is nothing there. You just need to take out of it what you want. If you don't like forms, fine. Don't specialize in them, but there is something that can be gained by practicing them. This is like college guys. Everyone selects a major based on what they want to do. You learn things within that major, some of which you will never use in your profession. Most you will not retain. What is important to you will stay with you.

I personally do not rely on martials art 100% of the time. I would be insane to do so in this day and time. But the mindset I learn from it, stamina gained, and being able to move and hit is helpfull in confrontation. I also compete to get used to stress levels. I also work on iron palm conditioning and chi gung. Not to mention weapons training including firearms. Training in these individually will give me a fighting chance in a confrontation. However, training in ALL gives me a better understanding and hopefully will give me a leg up from your normal practioner and much more so with a non practioner.

One must be able to seperate the fru fru stuff from what works. But disregarding an entire art cause it does not do what you want it to so is ignorant and stupid. I am sometimes guilty of this with regard to BJJ.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I agree 100%
    Don't think about being good in the next year or five years...think about being good in the next 50 years. Learn to love the process of being good, not the anticipation of being good.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    No martial arts is the end all, be all of fighting. There are too many variables.

My sifu is also a cop by day. He uses a lot of the Chin and Shuia Chiao in his job. That comes directly from our style. He does however foregoes the high kicks and fancy stuff that we learn in class. Right tool for the right job. We learn all the other stuff so that we have them in our arsenal. Train harder than needed. We train kicking to the face so that its easier to kick the groin.

Being able to ascertain what works and what doesn't work for a particular situation your in at the time is up to the practitioner. If you are studying a well rounded art you should be able survive.

BJJ has flaws, CMA has flaws, TKD has flaws, etc. However, each and every art has something to offer. They have not lasted centuries cause there is nothing there. You just need to take out of it what you want. If you don't like forms, fine. Don't specialize in them, but there is something that can be gained by practicing them. This is like college guys. Everyone selects a major based on what they want to do. You learn things within that major, some of which you will never use in your profession. Most you will not retain. What is important to you will stay with you.

I personally do not rely on martials art 100% of the time. I would be insane to do so in this day and time. But the mindset I learn from it, stamina gained, and being able to move and hit is helpfull in confrontation. I also compete to get used to stress levels. I also work on iron palm conditioning and chi gung. Not to mention weapons training including firearms. Training in these individually will give me a fighting chance in a confrontation. However, training in ALL gives me a better understanding and hopefully will give me a leg up from your normal practioner and much more so with a non practioner.

One must be able to seperate the fru fru stuff from what works. But disregarding an entire art cause it does not do what you want it to so is ignorant and stupid. I am sometimes guilty of this with regard to BJJ.
    this is the correct.

the dude with the qing dynasty que (sorry, i don't swallow court robes and 100 year old haircuts on moderns too easy) has some points, but they are in context to who he is talking to and in his own experience.

there are flaws everywhere, polish them out with practice.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hung gar View Post

full contact format is not real kung fu its good for practicing distance and timing . In da street nicca I shoot my S**t like a **** crane and a f**kin tiger.
    another clueless kool aid drinker

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

How am I clueless. The streets dont lie.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    another clueless kool aid drinker
    Speaking of clueless kool aid drinkers...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    bla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... why are these guys here...blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... blabla... blah... blah... bla.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Speaking of clueless kool aid drinkers...
    nice. although, intellectually speaking, this is more reflective of where you are at.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

sort of ok speech.

use what ever you practice.

then you truly represent your school, teacher, linage etc.

--

nothing wrong with that.

nothing wrong, except he wanted to penalize participants if they did not "look" like their represented style. Well straight punches, roundhouse kicks, push kicks, and hooks are part of most styles and rightly so because they are simple and effective.

You know what a snake strike looks like with gloves on? A punch.

I know, since we have a one-armed set, we'll have one of our guys fight with just his left hand and the other behind his back. Sure one side if his face will be a lot bigger afterwards, but he'll be the R34L winner because he "represented" properly.

The other thing to think about is that Long Fist styles (which are like 75% of Kung Fu) are basically kick boxing with the addition of locks, throws and various takedowns anyway.

a hidden microphone at the event captured an intense dispute after the final match

"what do you mean I didn't win?"

"we penalized you for all that kickboxing!"

"what kickboxing?"

"I saw that hook you threw!"

"my so choy?"

"and that cross to the body"

"my chyuhn choy?"

"you think we didn't notice those Thai style leg kicks!!! Come on man!!!"

"you mean bouh chouh cham seh? "

"listen, you have to bow, walk in a circle, do three bows, then a tornado kick, then demonstrate your snake and eagle boxing or we aren't gonna let you get away with anything, you understand!"