Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remake Enter the Dragon???say it aint so scooby!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Who could possibly step into the little dragon's shoes for this? It would only work for me if Pam Anderson took over the role. Pam as a rogue Shaolin Nacho Cheese Covered Ninjetta Nun (tm). I'm totally serious.
    there ya go.

Lucas

Are you saying you wouldn't watch that? Come on now. Be honest.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    So it looks like only myself and PangQuan are willing to give it a chance?
    No, I say let's see how it goes. How many of the people who object to the remake were even around when the original was made?

How many of you heard of Bruce Lee prior to 1980? I mean actually knew not second hand or told about him by older siblings or parents?

Greetings,

I was around when Bruce played a VILLAIN. His character beat up and killed an old, one handed man, who was just trying to make a little money for himself.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I was around when Bruce played a VILLAIN. His character beat up and killed an old, one handed man, who was just trying to make a little money for himself.

mickey
    Did we seriously watch the same movie? If so, what were you smoking to have such a different perspective on the movie?

Yes, the Lee character was a villain. Though, the heart of the character may have been noble, he was being used.
    Elaborate. How is working for a secret organization to help destroy an evil organization casting Bruce as a Villian? The interested parties were probably a government, not another organized crime setup.
    Last edited by NJM; 08-14-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Greetings,

I suggest you go back to the Lee/Braithwaite interview in ETD, where Lee is shown the film footage.

Braithwaite makes mention of interested parties, not concerned parties. If it was a government it should have been disclosed. The Lee character was foolish to work for people whose agenda he knew absolutely nothing about. That is more like the lifestyle of a contract killer.

The viewer makes the assumption that there is a secret government/organization with an honorable agenda that needs Lee's help in dealing with Han; but, these people may be just as thug as any other. Only their methods differ.

Check out the Lee/Braithwaite dialogue. Would you take that mission for unnamed parties who have an interest in this situation?

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 08-15-2007 at 07:36 AM.

The new synopsis suggests a resurgence of an old American Imperialist mndset that we just do not need anymore.
    For the love of fake tits, whatever, this is so a joke post.

I'll give it a chance...

...if Pamela is in it.

Lee's character is a villain the same way James Bond or the IMF in Mission Impossible are villains. If you really think about Black Ops Hitmen, they're pretty villainous. If you read the original Bond books, Bond is not nearly so heroic (this is accentuated by Ian Fleming's blatant racism). However, given the context of this fantasy films, calling Lee a villain in ETD is somewhat absurd. It's not like Jet in Lethal Weapon 4.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Greetings,

I suggest you go back to the Lee/Braithwaite interview in ETD, where Lee is shown the film footage.

Braithwaite makes mention of interested parties, not concerned parties. If it was a government it should have been disclosed. The Lee character was foolish to work for people whose agenda he knew absolutely nothing about. That is more like the lifestyle of a contract killer.

The viewer makes the assumption that there is a secret government/organization with an honorable agenda that needs Lee's help in dealing with Han; but, these people may be just as thug as any other. Only their methods differ.

Check out the Lee/Braithwaite dialogue. Would you take that mission for unnamed parties who have an interest in this situation?

mickey
    Explain this to me. Why would the "interested parties" need proof that Han had weapons to move in on the island? Couldn't another crime syndicate just **** up the operation themselves? Since they "know everything" why would the criminal organizations need Lee to get evidence of Han's weapon, drug or slave stash? Redundant, don't you think? Your theory seems like a stretch, Mickey.

Here are the quotes from the dialogue relevant to the nature of the "interested parties":

“We know everything; we can prove nothing. We want you to go in there as our agent, get us our evidence.”

“Han’s island rests partly within our territorial waters. If we were given the slightest reason to believe that he has any kind of arsenal, we’d move in on him.”

“We aren’t an agency of enforcement. We function as… gatherers of information, evidence, upon which interested governments can act.”
    Last edited by NJM; 08-15-2007 at 09:39 AM.

11. No No No

Re make city has got to cool it off a bit ( especially after seeing the trailer for Halloween this morning....is it charles manson...or is it Micheal Myeres..gimmie a flerkin break)
    If they are going to re do any of Bruce Lee's films do the one that is in need of it..."Game of Death" the original plot Bruce wrote out for it is good i think it would make a great flick.
    from the article that was linked it says this:

"Sutter said he's writing "Awaken the Dragon" as a contemporized drama about a lone FBI agent who pursues a rogue Shaolin monk into the bloody world of underground martial arts fight clubs.
    " we already saw "Bloodsport" and i feel basically it's going to be a 90 minute commercial for the UFC, Pride and other Martial Art based programs,not that im against those shows or MMA.
    instead of some one who follows the right Shaolin path, seeking out some one who has used Shaolins teaching for personal gain, corruption and financial gain..an FBI agent is going to be going after some big name actor brought in to put people in seats .plus the whole FBI agent thing got me worried, two words keep popping into my head when i read that, those words "BEN AFFLECK" (yaaaaar) also, If John Saxon is not going to reprise is role as "ROPER" fuggetabout it !
    to me Enter The Dragon is not in need of any improvement or needs to be remade
    martial arts and music share the same principles, both wrestle with complex chords and rare melodies.
    http://www.myspace.com/punkrockmantis

Ben Assfleck, get it right.

This thread is embarrassing to read. Got a real 'star trek' convention feel to it.

Someone needs a double axe hammer to the jaw.

Greetings,

mickey
    Are you saying George Bush is running an evil organization?

He and his staff always say, "In the interest of the American Government" or "In the interest of the American people".

You ever heard of "Black Operations"?
    Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 08-15-2007 at 07:11 PM.