Thread: OT: What is wrong with Britain

OT: What is wrong with Britain

The answer of course is soft-headed leftists

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

http://www.thelocal.se/8089/20070803/

Yikes! Yet, I see us trundling towards mediocrity in much the same way...

Courtesy of thehud.com
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

"Conventional work is out of the question for me - both in terms of my conscience and on an intellectual level - as it seems objectionable with regard to both my personal well-being and the well-being of society as a whole. Emotionally too it creates unbearable pain and dejection," he wrote.

i love that line.

if you can't live completely off the land then you work to eat you ass....

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

What is wrong with your reading comprehension? The second story is Swedish
    It's not unreasonable for the police to arrest and bail someone where there is a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed. The laws governing the use of force in self defence in Britain are pretty sensible , and if he's not done anything wrong then nothing will come of it.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

yeah, Ben you are assuming I READ it. Been way busy. My bad. It just seemed so, so British to me...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

The laws governing the use of force in self defence in Britain are pretty sensible , and if he's not done anything wrong then nothing will come of it.
    Britian is very anti-self defense and this is just another article in the large pile to prove that point, why you think there laws are sensible is beyond me. We are talking about the same country right?

Remeber these are the buffons who arrested the guy with the Lora Croft lifesize action doll because she had a fake gun, and yet even after finding out it was a fake gun, they still arrested him for having a deadly weapon.

People living in Britian have given away so much, I doubt they know the difference anymore.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 08-14-2007 at 07:05 AM.

The laws are sensible. If someone poses a threat to you, you can use reasonable and adequate force to protect yourself or prevent a crime. If they pose no threat or they have ceased to pose a threat then you can't. If your response is disproportionate then you've got problems.
    Part of your problem is that you view our system through your own points of referrance. Being arrested is FAR less traumatic here than it is in the states, we're much better protected from the police, who are much less aggressive in the first place, and our legal system is very protective of us. As you referenced the previous story, once the armed response team was called then the guy was always going to be arrested, because that's how they work. They go in secure the scene (which involves arresting people) and then sort through things once no-one's going to get shot. 3 years ago an officer was killed because they hadn't adequately restrained everyone before they started processing them, so they don't take chances now. Again, once the armed response team was called you're into various pathways, which meant that he was going to need to talk to various people, which is easiest at the police station. Our domestic terror situation makes things complicated at the moment, and while our self defence laws are sensible, our laws on threatening behaviour are quite complicated.
    However, all this is academic as the guy's complaint will almost certainly be upheld (again, we have very robust independant monitoring of government agencies here).
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    The answer of course is soft-headed leftists
    Is that what you fellas are blaming any bad legislation on now?