Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Drug Cartel Partnerships=bad

Who is paranoid? The government has proven over, and over again that they are full of **** and perpetuate their own personal agenda's for no ones good other then their own.
    How many times does one need to be lied to before they start to see the writing on the wall?
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

The drug addiction that's really causing us problems in the US is our addiction to oil. That addiction really does fund our enemies and destroy the environment. It looks to me like immigration is turning into the gay marriage of this election: A wedge issue that will be used to convince people to vote for the guys who got us in this mess.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

And the fact that we partnered with the opium-fuelled warlords in Afghanistan AFTER our partnership with the Taliban fell apart is quite troubling. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post
    And the fact that we partnered with the opium-fuelled warlords in Afghanistan AFTER our partnership with the Taliban fell apart is quite troubling...
    What gives you the impression that the US is partnered with opium warlords? To the contrary, perhaps the most significant contribution to the American inability to control or influence Afghanistan is the American policy of forbidding Afghan production of opium. For a substantial portion of the population, there's simply no economic alternative to poppies as a cash crop, and when Americans come and burn all the poppy fields and tell these people they can't grow any more if they want to be America's friend, these people quite naturally look for other friends -- not surprisingly, Afghanis don't love American enough to starve their families to death for it. This has been a well-known economic and policy problem since before the invasion. The Economist, for example, has been covering it fairly consistently.

Good post Christopher. That illustrates one of the fundamental problems with the war on drugs. Our govt imposes their "moral" view on other nations and expects the govt and people of that nation to go along willingly, despite the fact that many of these people have never seen the "This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs" commercial. If you haven't seen the egg frying, you just don't know the horrors of drugs. The Bushies have even pressured Canada about their progressive laws regarding Mary Jane. A nation with universal health care and legal,er, recreational activities, we can't have that.

And while our attempt to work with the opium lords fell apart, it doesn't change the fact that the attempt was made.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher M View Post
    What gives you the impression that the US is partnered with opium warlords? To the contrary, perhaps the most significant contribution to the American inability to control or influence Afghanistan is the American policy of forbidding Afghan production of opium. For a substantial portion of the population, there's simply no economic alternative to poppies as a cash crop, and when Americans come and burn all the poppy fields and tell these people they can't grow any more if they want to be America's friend, these people quite naturally look for other friends -- not surprisingly, Afghanis don't love American enough to starve their families to death for it. This has been a well-known economic and policy problem since before the invasion. The Economist, for example, has been covering it fairly consistently.
    You live in a fantasy world or you're a paid government shill.

Soft on Border issues eh?

Well i must commend BJ II because it would seem that now he is going to go pick strawberries and harvest oranges and join a landscaping team and do all those other jobs that "Decent self riteous" americans will NOT do. It would seem that BJII will ALSO start a housecleaning business as well and clean up rich peoples cr@p. With the border all walled up like he wants it to be and drivin all those illegals back to where they came from, BJII is now going to do those jobs and train his kids to do them as well, Way to go BJII i was wrong about you, you ARE the True American decent and such a patriot to this country and economy

Peace love dope,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    You live in a fantasy world or you're a paid government shill.
    No YOU live in a fantasy world or YOU or a paid government shill...

On reflection, this sort of antagonistic conversation tactic doesn't seem very productive. Maybe we should limit ourselves to substantial remarks about the issues at hand.

Well i must commend BJ II because it would seem that now he is going to go pick strawberries and harvest oranges and join a landscaping team and do all those other jobs that "Decent self riteous" americans will NOT do
    Nope, I have made good choices in my life and make more than a decent living. BTW, a LOT of americans do some good awful or serious manuel labor jobs, including picking strawberries and harvesting oranges, there called farmers.

ALSO start a housecleaning business as well and clean up rich peoples cr@p
    See above.

With the border all walled up like he wants it to be and drivin all those illegals back to where they came from, BJII is now going to do those jobs and train his kids to do them as well,
    Nope, but those jobs can go to Americans who need them at wages deemed realisticaly acceptable, instead of paying actual criminals to do the work instead at dirt wages. BTW, there is a difference between an illegal alien and a legal worker on a "visa" system. Learn to know the difference.

Way to go BJII i was wrong about you, you ARE the True American decent and such a patriot to this country and economy
    Spades above you kid. Spades above you. I think a little paragraph of yours has already proven that.

You can be as open border as you want, I find it a ignorant outlook, but your free to do so. Illegal immigration costs the U.S. much more that it generates annually in terms of migrant payments and the actual purchasing of goods and services, which means illegal's are eating up more than they are contributing to our nation, and what little they do contribute back into the pot is very disproportionate.

By disproportionate, I means immigration costs the U.S. billions of dollars every single year, costs handled mostly by your state and local governments. Then add in the government expenditures for criminal justice, emergency and non-emergency medical care and it starts to get even far worse in the numbers game.

Lets not even get into the education sector or the CDC aspect of illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post
    That illustrates one of the fundamental problems with the war on drugs. Our govt imposes their "moral" view on other nations and expects the govt and people of that nation to go along willingly, despite the fact that many of these people have never seen the "This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs" commercial. If you haven't seen the egg frying, you just don't know the horrors of drugs. The Bushies have even pressured Canada about their progressive laws regarding Mary Jane. A nation with universal health care and legal,er, recreational activities, we can't have that.

And while our attempt to work with the opium lords fell apart, it doesn't change the fact that the attempt was made.

Brian
    Oddly enough it seems that Brian has no problem with other governments trying to impose their will on us.

Who benefits from the drug trade the most?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.