Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the new style...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    hey bro, the invitation still stands to come visit...AVL has it's ups and downs but is overall pretty cool.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    back to the east coast?
    Actually, yeah...
    either the east coast, san antonio, or japan.
    slight outside chance of cali or hawaii if i find the job.
    Wherever I go I really need to start having fun again.

Just gotta wait on my clearance re-up if i wanna go back to baltimore- think i could probably find something that paid better this time around.
    I know i didn't think too much of baltimore/dc before, but Khun Kao's throwing events all the time these days and Suntzu's team is going strong- a nice situation to jump back into.
    Plus, with more money, it'd definitely be more live-able.
    Most importantly, it would be starting something new.

In a lot of ways it's been hard dealing with being out here 'cause I'm still chasing the same goals i was chasing before, just with nobody around to pursue them with. That's kinda why I put so much pressure on the female situation- coz marriage, kids, and a house was the whole goal.

In the meantime, supplements are making a huge difference.
    I finally feel like I'm starting to become my old self again.
    Who knew that all it would take would be half my friends out here cheesed!cking out on me....
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    hey bro, the invitation still stands to come visit...AVL has it's ups and downs but is overall pretty cool.
    Thanks!
    First trip's to El Paso at the end of the month; and I should be goin again regularly.
    Then I'm gonna try to go see Masterkiller.
    My buddy in Kansas wants me there too.
    Lemme see when I can get to AVL.
    In early December I want to take this test and may go to Balt/DC for it, wanna meet there?

Moving-wise probably won't be for a year though.
    As much as I hate clearance jobs, passing up a free renewal would be dumb.
    Plus that means there's a good chance I'll still be here for Taiji Legacy.
    If I am still here, anybody who wants to come to town for the tourney can crash at my pad.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Let me know. Things are in chaos for me now...just quit my newest job and so I'm on the job hunt right now.

What's your job field again?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

i'm a computer security guy with a government clearance.
    but hey, if you need a place to crash for a bit, i've always got a room down here.

Workout

Just got back from the kickboxing gym.
    Spent an hour down there.
    We work out on a rough carpet.
    Almost all the skin on the bottom of my feet is gone or completely raw.
    Don't think I can rush back into it- my feets won't let me. hehe
    Plan is to rest up for a few hours and then hit the gym, maybe even take a nap.

さっき二回目のウワークアウトから帰って来たばっかり
    oops
    english
    just got back from workout #2

Warm Up
    Just stuck the elliptical crosstrainer on 19 and went easy for 10 minutes.
    Last 3 minutes left it at 15.
    Kept up a good clip, just wanted to work up a sweat.
    Boy did i.
    My heart rate topped out at just over 180.

Workout
    Today's protocol:
    3 sets, 8 reps
    90 seconds rest after squats, 60s rest everything else
    goal weight 72% 1RM

Barbell Squat
    185, 185, 185
    Felt pretty good, my form got better as the sets went on
    didn't rest after first set

Reverse Crunch
    swiss ball, incline bench
    three sets went pretty easy- did it more knees bent this time, felt a lil different.

Dumbell Deadlift
    95lbs, 95lbs, 95lbs
    Easier than last time. My heart wasn't about to explode. First set or 2 legs were kinda narrow. Tried to widen the stance a little bit for the last one. Could probly do more next time.

Swissball crunch
    25lb plate, 25lb plate, 25lb plate
    kinda had to play with the exercise a little bit to keep it burning. Next time i think i want to do the twisting chair instead.

Standing calf raise
    135, 155, 175
    175 felt pretty solid. Definitely feel stronger.

Took some Armageddon (one of those Nitric Oxide supplements) before the workout. Felt stronger eventhough I really hadn't eaten much. Sweat like crazy.

Didn't finish with any cardio, figured the muay thai earlier was enough. Might do some tomorrow. Saturday will be 3+ hours of cardio; so not that huge a deal.

Maybe it was the Armageddon or the other supplements I been takin, but I felt friggin swole after the gym.

Tonight i get to sleep as much as I want

LOL i know the feeling about the blisters on the feet its the worst bit of coming back from time off hahaha

i've spent enough time doing padwork on rough carpet too, sucks kicking if your feet aint toughened up...

Yeah, I couldn't turn into any punches or get my hips over on any kicks.
    We were throwing lead horizontal elbows and eventhough the lead hook's my specialty punch, it was hurting to much to get the pivot... either i could pivot and my upper would fall apart, or the upper would be okay and i wouldn't be pivoting. hurt too much to do both. need to wear socks next time. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    i'm a computer security guy with a government clearance.
    I never knew that. I am a web guy, but my original intent was to get into security. Still thinkin about transferring to our security group eventually. What do you do?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I never knew that. I am a web guy, but my original intent was to get into security. Still thinkin about transferring to our security group eventually. What do you do?
    I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

used to work for the government on fort meade, now i work in fort worth on the f35.

Today was a laaaazy day.
    It's the closest I could get to an actual rest day, because i was behind on my schedule. It's my 4th day straight, I already pulled 2 two-a-days this week, and saturday is going to be a huge day as well (may do 3 workouts: weights, kickboxing, eisa).

See I'm leaving for El Paso thursday evening so I'd like to finish up Big Boy Basics before I go and come back to a fresh start on Anti-BodyBuilding Hypertrophy.

Also, I kinda over did it yesterday on the supplements so i wanted to go a bit easier today too- had a bit of a cheat day with Arby's corned beef reuben and a couple pepperjack roast beef sandwiches (not all in 1 sitting of course).

No warm up to speak of.
    Like I said, kinda taking it easy today.

Workout
    Today's goal was 72% 1RM.
    3 sets of 8 reps
    90seconds rest between sets

Incline dumbell press
    65s, 65s, 65s
    pretty easy peasy, last set a lil tough, not bad.

dumbell row
    65 each arm, 65 each arm, 65 each arm
    No rest between arms. Again, pretty easy

barbell curl
    EZ curl + 50 (25ea side), EZ +50, EZ + 50
    Easier than last week, only the final rep was hard at the end of the third set.

tricep pressdown
    12 plates, 13 plates, 14 plates
    Super easy. Switched to the v-shaped grip (from a slanted wide bar) and it felt a little harder. I don't feel this exercise doin much. May have to switch to skull crushers or something.

Afterwards I dropped by Walmart to pick up some new headphones. On Thursday I broke my gym headphones - the ear was acting funky so i tried to readjust it and it snapped in the middle of the headband, it was weird. I go through a lot of headphones.

Came home and just missed a call from my okinawan friend kazu.
    She wants to go karaoke tomorrow.
    She made a big deal of only inviting 3 of my other good okinawan friends, eventhough she also knows the folks that screwed me over.
    Have a feeling it's a setup, coz I made a comment on my Japanese blog about droppin some fake friends and she read it.
    If it is, I'll just leave some money with someone, and excuse myself to go "to the restroom"- then take off.

Otherwise, a nice lazy day, watched Apokalypto- killer movie.
    Also found out I lucked out on Netflix and 300 is on it's way!
    Should hit the hay early so I can hit the gym early.
    Goin back on the diet pills & noxplod tomorrow.

arrrrrggghhhh

just when things were goin good

last night i couldn't sleep
    laid down at 11 and by 2:30 i was driving myself nuts
    called an old friend
    around 4 i finally started gettin tired
    still took me till at least 5 to conk out
    i dunno what happened, my caffeine stopped before 6pm.
    shoulda pushed it harder in the gym yesterday.

woke up this morning at 12:15.
    Have to be somewhere by 2 and it takes almost an hour to get there.
    gym is about 30 min round trip.
    even if i was on the road from the second i regained consciousness i couldn't a made it.
    just frustrating.
    i wish my 24 hour fitness was actually, you know 24 hours...

gonna finish up my lunch here in a few, grab a shower and head out to eisa.
    if i have any sort of time afterwards i hope i can slip into the gym.

dude, sounds like you might need a sleep aid, short term, to get back in cycle.

after my shoulder surgery, I was having a hard time sleeping regularly because I'd been on heavy meds for a week and had slept for like 4 hour intervals for 5 days.

the doc gave me some ambien and it worked but then I rebounded off of that.

i still have problems sometimes and used to take Tylenol PM but stopped because I didn't want to load up on the acetominophen. So, I will sometimes take 2 of the sleep aid w/o pain reliever...which is the same thing as taking two benadryl.

works fairly well and I can usually stop after 2-3 days and get back into a regular sort of sleep pattern.

That's the thing though, I loaded up on melatonin and ZMA and still had a hard time.
    I think it was the soda I had around 5.
    I bought a case of simpson's buzz cola from one of the quickee mart 7-11s a while back and i just didn't feel like having more water with dinner.
    bad move.

anyway, i managed to make it to the gym after 3 hours of eisa!
    WOOT!

Didn't need a warm up- 3 hours of eisa was good enough.

Workout
    3 reps 8 sets
    55seconds rest
    80% 1RM goal weight

lunges
    185, 185, 185, 185, 185, 185, 185, 185
    that's each leg, no rests between legs
    pretty darn easy but my hiney got sore.

leg curls
    170, 170, 170, 170, 170, 170, 170, 170
    each set was pretty tough, felt about right.

reverse crunch
    used 10lb rubber medball for all 8 sets
    little harder to hold onto but definitely felt like it was working my abs real good

seated calf raise
    135, 135, 135, 135, 145, 145, 160, 160
    135 felt too easy, tried to jump to 170 and couldn't move it, dropped back down to 145 - which was still pretty easy, went back up to 160 - which was pretty hard.

didn't need no cardio after 3 hours of eisa either.

Used armageddon pre-workout, one of those nitric oxide supps, and it worked real well. I was literally dancing half my first exercise.

Tomorrow i want to do some swimming and clean my apartment.
    Going to try out the karaoke with the friends tonight.
    If it gets ugly i'll just leave.

upgraded my 24hr fitness membership today so now i can just workout whenever. The gym i was registered to isn't actually 24hours, so now i can just go to one that is.

Saturday night was out at karaoke and bars till 5 in the morning.
    Wasn't drinking though.

Sunday i chilled in bed all day.
    Watched 300 and ordered food (coz i'm a lazy bum).

Monday
    hit the gym

Warmup
    elliptical crosstrainer
    45s - seconds relaxed
    9m15s - sprint 15s, active rest 90s
    3m - cool down
    Heart rate got real high even if calories didn't.
    due to bad food and limited suppz was really feeling it afterward.

Workout
    80% 1RM Goal weight
    8 sets 3 reps
    50s rest between sets

BBell Bench Press
    185, 185, 185, 175, 175, 175, 175, 175
    My left shoulder really started bugging me. I didn't want to get stuck at the bottom.

Seated Row
    170, 170, 170, 170, 180, 180, 180, 180
    180 was heavy, but pretty decent.

Pull Up
    7, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 8, 8
    By this point I was absolutely exhausted. No energy whatsoever, felt weak.

Dumbell Military Press
    50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50
    My shoulder was bugging me and I was burnt so I tried not to push it too hard

Cardio
    20 min on the treadmill.
    I was tired on the cardio, but it seemed just as hard to walk as it did to jog, so I jogged over half of it. I don't know if that makes any sense. Got almost a mile and a half and burned almost 150cal.

Not my best workout, but not every workout can be huge gains.
    I'm just hoping my shoulder's not something serious- eventhough it's been going on over a week now. Food and suppz can make a difference. EDIT: I think it may have also been the 50s rest- it just wasn't enough time. I was stumbling like a zombie into each set, able to perform but not getting stronger like I usually do as sets progress in an exercise.