Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most pathetic fight ever (vid)

hehe Cholo dude...
    OK maybe I was a little rough on the guy. I'm just a bit upset about people giving gongfu such a bad name by pretending to be "masters".
    This guy probably did a week or so's training at a longfist/hungar school and thought he'd show everyone his new moves.

I just feel its general bad practice to show your opponent what you know, as hskwarrior said don't let him know till it's too late. Rather let your opponent underestimate you, or better, let him know you don't want trouble and don't want to fight. keep your hands up just for in case and then use technique when it gets to that point. But if you step into your Charlies-Angels-wanabe-gongfu-stance you're letting everyone know that you're now going to open a can of whoopass and the attacker automatically get's ready to fight you.

Luckily the cholo dude (new word I learned here hehe) wasn't much of a threat after all. And gongfu guy saved face.

But I apologise if I offended anyone, I just came across a lot of gongfu criticism on the net lately because of people "representing" styles that should rather be playing king of fighters on ps3...
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

Blog Entries
    hey thats cool, you remembered something i've said in the past

but yeah, i can tell the gung fu guy had no real street fighting experience, and yeah, i've clowned him in the past, but i paused move for move during the video, and you can see him side step one punch and the cholo dude went in the direction, he then had to change directions everytime time the gung fu geek did what he did.

anyways, yeah thats my philosophy, let them think i'm some slow fat guy......haha.....okay!!!!!! then oops, how'd you end up on the ground homie?????

then just keep going whistlin' some cool track in my head......
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    hey let me tell you something, even gung fu people know there are gung fu quacks out there.........

some of us gung fu people have street histories, and belong to schools with street histories going back almost 100 years......

see, without the street element, or even a ring type of environment, a martial artist isn't going to use his or her system effectively.......typically commercial schools gear their teachings towards keeping the students for money. they can't teach you how to effectively use a throat shot, a maiming or some destructive type technique without fear of being sued.

but i don't own a physical school, yet that doesn't stop me from training my guys to hurt people if they have too.

the streets is a perfect proving ground........the second best is the ring. at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    see, without the street element, or even a ring type of environment, a martial artist isn't going to use his or her system effectively.......typically commercial schools gear their teachings towards keeping the students for money. they can't teach you how to effectively use a throat shot, a maiming or some destructive type technique without fear of being sued.
    This is so true! I've been trying to get this point accross for so long. Well not getting into streetfights, but you need to go at it more seriously and push up the realism. Hard contact sparring on a regular basis. And getting in the mindset of a real fight.

Yea the gongfu quacks you talk about is the problem. Especially on TV in the states. There's been a couple of these idiotic shows where "the best of the best" compete for their style and just suck big time. A bunch of showoff amateurs go on screen and put whatever style they "represent" to shame...
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    It says the video has been removed.

Blog Entries
    now here is a better street fight with the use of a martial artists skill.......**** the smaller guy handled the bigger guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glv1xm8Vk8g

shaolinwood, i know what you mean, but if you understood my direct lineage, gung fu geared towards streetfighting has always been our way.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-06-2007 at 08:28 PM.

now here is a better street fight with the use of a martial artists skill.......**** the smaller guy handled the bigger guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glv1xm8Vk8g

shaolinwood, i know what you mean, but if you understood my direct lineage, gung fu geared towards streetfighting has always been our way.

but its not a real fight,it was staged...

Blog Entries
    are you sure it was staged?

Oh yes, have seen this one before, I've also heard it was staged... not sure though, but it looks like it

Blog Entries
    idk about that......it doesn't staged to me..........idk why.....but it don't. however, the wc guys punches didn't seem all that effective.

anyways, what MANY of you are failing to see, is the everytime the wankster threw a punch the gung fu guy sidestepped, each and every single time making the wankster change his direction at least 3 times. for that i applaud the gung fu man because i always tell my students about guys who commit to just one punch like the wankster.
    Good points.

Quote Originally Posted by HOKPAIWES
    I dunno there. . He got thru the fight w/o being touched/hit and used classic movements and controlling distance to do it. He may just be a sloppy kid but **** if his fist hook/chow choi didn't yield him a KO. I say this is an example of someone trying to fight with what they train and getting viable results from it.
    Yeah, he handled the adrenaline dump, and used his training. That's two more things than most people are able to do.
    A man, as long as he teaches, learns. - Seneca

Blog Entries
    thanks,

thats why i wish people would open their minds a little for just one moment, and break what the gung fu cat did......not his corny ass attack, but when the flurry of punches came about. try watching it for one time, pause play pause play through the fight and see the things that we as TCMA are trained to do.

we are trained to sidestep a punch, then counter, but in the melee of it all, only one man got struck........the wankster cholo on the floor.

i don't care how it was done, but the job got done. like it or not. in a fight, what matters is who walks away and who's taken away.

now, this is the place, lets find some street fight videos and chop them up a bit and discuss as martial artists what we would have done or tried to do in the same situation. i'd like to hear what some of you have to say.

but lets try to keep this real, and no joking.

Blog Entries
    oh its down now, huh well anyway, what about them fight videos?

Im still not sure how real this is, but it's a classic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM5hK9QaDrY

(yes I'm aware that it's an old one)

Blog Entries
    shaolin wood,

for one, if i were approaching two dudes i'd change sides with my girl first and put her on the outside.......that track suit dude was a **** for not realizing that.

however, he did react real quick, and laid them fools out with a quickness.......

still, if i was passing someone i always expect something to happen, if it don't cool.....but if you don't,,,,thats how bad things happen. i feel you should always be ready for something.