Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does One Defeat Gracie Jujistu ?

How Does One Defeat Gracie Jujistu ?

i can not figure out how a to keep a gracie jujitsu person from closing the gap and taking a kyukoshin karate (me) to the ground. or how to defeat him. any help please ? oh, i never use high kicks,but rather low and close.
    Respectfully,FanWoo

Learn Gracie Jujitsu. They know how to counter thier own stuff.

Judo would be a good choice too. A lot of Karate guys do some Judo.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Use your high kicks.

Throw them from a low horse stance.

Then elbow them as they come in.

If that doesn't work, you can lookup some Wing Chun anti grappling on You Tube... it is very effective for keeping them away.

Quote Originally Posted by FANWOO View Post
    i can not figure out how a to keep a gracie jujitsu person from closing the gap and taking a kyukoshin karate (me) to the ground. or how to defeat him. any help please ? oh, i never use high kicks,but rather low and close.
    Have a friend or two of yours jump on him after he mounts you. BJJ are not big on multiple attackers.

Fight a fighter in his fight and you will rather likely lose if the fighter is better than you. So take him out of his element.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Use your high kicks.

Throw them from a low horse stance.

Then elbow them as they come in.

If that doesn't work, you can lookup some Wing Chun anti grappling on You Tube... it is very effective for keeping them away.
    Those mere external systems don't work, you need INTERNAL

Learn Tai Chi, the push hands will deflect them, then use your ba gua grappling
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

the only way to beat a bjjer is to create an alternate dimension in which youve already beaten him.

gernade will take him and you out. you've already dishonored yourself and don't deserve to live anyway....
    Bless you

take up bjj

then u can pummel them standing up

and pummel them on the ground

in fact

i'd say learn whatever u can from anywhere that seems legit
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by FANWOO View Post
    Let them come at you. Usually, when someone is taught to take someone to the ground, they say go for their center of gravity. When they lean forward, wrapping their arm(s) around your waist/abdomin, put your elbow at the base of the back of their neck, just above the spot where the shoulders meet the neck. With the same arm, scoop under their upper arm (if you press down with your right elbow, use your right hand to scoop under the upper end of their right upper arm) and pull up on that arm, while you press down on their neck and drop your weight. Don't do it too quickly because this move will extremely easily break a neck making them paralyzed or dead. Going down on one knee is enough to stop a lot of people, just just don't let your body drop like a sack of potatoes. When doing this move, you have to be controlled. No joke. Doing that move, the average neck can only stand about 140 pounds before it's too much. If a little pain this way doesn't stop them, hammer down with your free hand on them. Or make a fist with your free hand, but put the tip of your thumb against the side of first joint of the index finger after the knuckle. The tip of the thumb uses the side of the joint as a support and slam the joint of the thumb that juts out when it is in this position. Hit their temple with this jutting out joint. Just don't let yourself get too carried away with the temple striking and put more pressure on the back of their neck than you should be giving them.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Just don't let yourself get too carried away with the temple striking and put more pressure on the back of their neck than you should be giving them.
    Yeah, listen to Ron... I've done both of these too hard a few times and have ended up killing several people. Lost some good training partners this way.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Let them come at you. Usually, when someone is taught to take someone to the ground, they say go for their center of gravity. When they lean forward, wrapping their arm(s) around your waist/abdomin, put your elbow at the base of the back of their neck, just above the spot where the shoulders meet the neck. With the same arm, scoop under their upper arm (if you press down with your right elbow, use your right hand to scoop under the upper end of their right upper arm) and pull up on that arm, while you press down on their neck and drop your weight. Don't do it too quickly because this move will extremely easily break a neck making them paralyzed or dead. Going down on one knee is enough to stop a lot of people, just just don't let your body drop like a sack of potatoes. When doing this move, you have to be controlled. No joke. Doing that move, the average neck can only stand about 140 pounds before it's too much. If a little pain this way doesn't stop them, hammer down with your free hand on them. Or make a fist with your free hand, but put the tip of your thumb against the side of first joint of the index finger after the knuckle. The tip of the thumb uses the side of the joint as a support and slam the joint of the thumb that juts out when it is in this position. Hit their temple with this jutting out joint. Just don't let yourself get too carried away with the temple striking and put more pressure on the back of their neck than you should be giving them.

Seriously? If someone's shooting, you don't push their head down. You try to push it back and make them look up. If you push it down, you do nothing to stop their momentum, and him crashing into you will probably not fare well for you either. If you manage to push his forehead back, so he's looking forward/up, it'll kill most of his momentum and stop him short. Good luck doing this without much practice though.

Yeah, I'd rather be taken down by a double leg than a double ankle pick Although to be fair you do force the head down when you sprawl.
    You're not going to beat anyone if you don't have confidence in what you do, which you appear not to. If you do Kyokushin then I assume you're quite good at high kicks, and have practiced them with heavy contact at high intensity. Therefore there's no reason not to use them per se. In the early MMA period Maurice Smith absolutely kicked the s**t out of a Carlson Gracie black belt (who outweighed him), ending the fight with a roundhouse to the head. Indeed I always find this fight interesting, as it showed many of the "myths" of standup Vs grappiling to actually have some truth. Silveira became scared to even attempt to close on Smith because of the punishment he was taking on the way in.
    Part of the problem with the "BJJ ruled against strikers in the early UFCs" truth is it's only half the story. The Gracies continue to represent the top 5% of competitive grapplers, whereas the strikers they fought were a bunch of has-beens and nobodies (with the exception of Orlando Wiet who was a light middleweight and lost to a 250lb guy ), people with obscure titles, big fish in very small ponds and people years past their best. At the time Bart Vale attributed this to the lack of upfront money. Guys like the K1 champions weren't going to risk getting hurt for free.
    Smith at the time was a guy who's career had dipped, but was heading up again.
    Mirko Filipovic uses high kicks against grapplers all the time, Mark Weir (TKD guy on the Cage Rage circuit) uses high kicks all the time. Indeed he used them to take the fastest KO record at UFC 38.
    If you want to see a masterclass on using striking to shut down the shoot then watch Cung Le Vs Tony Frykland.
    I would heartily recommend that you study a respected grappling style such as BJJ, Sambo, Catch Wrestling or freestyle wrestling, they're useful skills and fun
    Last edited by Ben Gash; 08-19-2007 at 08:02 AM.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Seriously? If someone's shooting, you don't push their head down.
    Depends.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli