Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: How Does One Defeat Gracie Jujistu ?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Its still in the Gracie "bible".
    What are you talking about?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

The guard pass that invites the triangle is still in the Gracie "bible" written by Helio.

The guard pass that invites the triangle is still in the Gracie "bible" written by Helio.
    Can you be more specific.

If it's a book published before the flaws in the technique were figured out, and the book was never revised, it will still be in there. Notice I said it was not taught.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

http://www.amazon.com/Gracie-Jiu-Jit...7965765&sr=8-1

There is only one "bible" of GJJ.

So it's an old book that was never revised.

There are VARIATIONS of that technique that do work, btw. Also, it's ONE technique, if you can find me a TMA/CMA style with only ONE ineffective/antiquated technique or just one more ineffective BJJ technique I would be quite surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So it's an old book that was never revised.

There are VARIATIONS of that technique that do work, btw. Also, it's ONE technique, if you can find me a TMA/CMA style with only ONE ineffective/antiquated technique or just one more ineffective BJJ technique I would be quite surprised.
    I think it was revised, l'll check to see when.
    And yes, variations work and done Correctly ( hand lower/on hip, not on the lower chest) it does work, though there are far better alternatives.

As for ineffective and antiquated techniques in TMA, well...that is a whole new thread.

I think it was revised, l'll check to see when.
    And yes, variations work and done Correctly ( hand lower/on hip, not on the lower chest) it does work, though there are far better alternatives.

As for ineffective and antiquated techniques in TMA, well...that is a whole new thread.
    Thats my point. BJJ guys know their art will either discard or modify techniques that don't work. So they get a little 'high and mighty' at times because so many TMAs will continue to teach innefective techniques simply because of tradition.

Isn't there an actual "useless techniques" thread ??

cjurakpt Guest
    wow - go away for a few days and come back to some serious chastisement!

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    cjurakpt, you are lame and boring.
    most consider me spry and entertaining...

It's a pity that you've gone to the only recourse left for those that have no counterargument. Politics, focusing on character assassination.
    posting someone's own words as an indicator of their perspective would be more like character suicide...

This is the second time you have come into a thread and brought up the discussion you had with me. I say you had with me because you were the initiator, which you even admit to.
    ummm - yeah - and your point is? or is this just you displaying a flair for the obvious?

I've see better character assassinations by the rabid fans when the issue of 'What is Star Wars canon?' comes up in the Trek-Wars debate.
    is there anyone who is surprised that you spend time on that sort of forum? can I see a show of hands please?

You said that you wanted to end the discussion and I assumed that you were fine with the 'agree to disagree' stance. I had no problem with it.
    I am fine with it; to my knowledge I have not actually re-started the discussion: I simply used it as a means to verify what most were already thinking...

But, twice you have tried to derail a conversation I have had in a thread by bringing this issue in.
    when people I know are wasting their time, I like to do my civic duty and explain to them why they are getting no where; and I didn't derail anthing - I chimed in only after signs of evident disdain were being shown by those engaged with you

Like the responses of several others, you feel that I should pay attention to what you and the others have to say. But, the only reason you suggest for me doing so is because of their experience and yours. You place your own experience higher than mine and expect me to bow down to it with nothing more for 'proof' than saying because 'we have experience'. So, you wish me to not try it for myself and use my own experience and intuition, but rely on yours for no other reason than because you (and others) say so. Not only is your logic flawed, it is ridiculous. Your attempts to make me take on your material reductionist viewpoint, making chi nothing more than the preposterous notion that it is only a metaphor, didn't work.
    dude, drop the persecution complex - as I stated clearly during our original exchange, I am not in any way shape or form give a rat's a$$ if you see things from my perspective or not; you have your perspective on things, that's fine: keep it; but if you think it's logical and reasonable have the opinion of, for example, using "chaos / sigil magic" as a means of maintianing practitioner accountability, if people happen to think that's more than a bit out there, don't be surprised...

But, look at what it drove you to do. You lied about wanting to drop the matter.
    no, I dropped it - and as far as I can tell, I have not resumed it; and BTW, spare me the hyperbole - "drove" me to it? it's so dramatic...

For all I know, you could have even gone on and on about what happened between us to others in other threads on the board and even in real life.
    whoa, easy there Narcissus: let's not get carried away here...

If I didn't budge and accept any part of a theory that's nothing more than 'screw what they thought back then', that must mean that I never will budge on any subject. That's what you got from what we talked about. Oh, boo bloody boo. Instead of acting like a grown up, you moan and complain that 'I don't want to consider anything you had to say on the matter; that means, I'll never consider anyone's view on any other subject'.
    I'm moaning and complaining?

How often have I been in the exact same threads as you when the question of chi came up that you posted in? You gave your metaphor view and I gave another. And not once did you just post in to threads I was in and pointed to what you thought was nonsense? Zero. That's how many.
    you know, it's a good point - so I actually went and looked at some of those threads we both posted on where I didn't have anything to say, and it was for several reasons: first off, while what you posted was usually pretty out there, it wasn't making claims beyond your own personal experience, so I really didn't have any interest in responding (you'll notice, the first time I actually repllied to you was when you tarting talking about "healing" others with qi); second, pretty much every time you post, some one else replied with the degree of incredulity you've no doubt come to expect: adding to it would have been redundant;

Whatever the reason, me telling you I don't believe you somehow has screwed you up so much, you have to follow me around the board, bringing the subject up again.
    oh my little daffodil: you screwed me up? and now I am following you around? tut tut tut...so let's get this straight: if you post on a thread on a forum that I read regularly, and I happen to read that thread and happen to see that you posted on it that's following you around, and if I post in response, I do it because I am screwed up? okaaaay...gotcha

Guess how many times I thought about our discussion since it ended? Zero. That's how many...except... for the 2 times you've jumped into threads I have been in and brought it up with no prompting from anyone.
    oh I'm sorry: I didn't realize that I needed an invitation from someone else before I could post something

This is only the second time I've thought about it. And guess what? I'm not gonna be thinking about it again.
    and here I thought the issue was consuming you daily...

Not unless I see you've brought it up in another post without prompting from anyone.
    so, if someone prompts me then it's ok to post whatever I want? o, hmmm, let's see - would anyone here be amenible to that?

Now, let me be clear about something.
    oh - now it's time to be serious! hey look - I am sitting up straighter in my chair now! wow - you really can have that sort of effect through the internet!

If you jump into another thread I am in and, without prompting,
    one more time, just to be clear - if someone "prompts" me, then it's ok, right?

bring up the discussion you and I had about chi, I will consider that you have moved full on into a stage where you are stalking me across the board
    you really are a dramatic sort - I can almost hear the ominous mucis in the background...BTW, since I responding on this thread, is that stalking? or if I respond on only some of other ones you post on, is that stalking? or if I kythe my etheric body into your auric field while you are on-line, is that stalking? I think we need a clearer definition in this case...

and I will do something I don't want to: contact the management of the board about your stalking, harrassment and derailment of topics.
    yeah, yeah, it hurts you more than it hurts me, etc; BTW, if you think that this is stalking and harrassment, you really need to get out more; and as for derailment, I would ask you to provide a single example of how the threads got derailed as a result of what I posted

For now, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are able to stop this behavior, but I am not gonna let this continue without doing anything about it.
    now this is the really funny part: you are actually dictating to me what I am allowed what I am not allowed to do on the forum based on whether you like it or not? and if I do something that you don't like, you are going to tell on me to the mods? well hey, guess what: go right ahead - report away Schmendrake; in fact, why don't you report me now and save yourself the trouble of having to endure more of my so-called "character assasiation"? because now let me be clear to you: if I feel like I want to reference our previous discussion at any point on any thread, I will do so; and if you report me, I really don't care; if Gene or someone else who's opinion I actually do respect tell me that I am out of line, then I will give it due consideration and I will alter my activities accordingly if I decide that they make a good point; but if I do it certainly won't be because of what you post;

This will stop one way or another.
    yes, you could just stop posting your psycho-babble - but we know that's not going to happen, so actually, it might just kep going for all we know...

And so, I have finally decided to create a 'do not reply to' list. The names are listed in no particular order, but in compiling the list, I'm gonna name you, cjurakpt, first. For no other reason for the order because I'm replying to you with this message. There's also unkokusai. Don't worry lkfmdc, you're on there, too, so you don't feel bad that you're being left out.
    how will we all sleep at night?

KF, why is it so hard for you to understand that, while I said it can happen, I wasn't talking every single bloody time the move is tried? I've said that already. Why do you insist on ignoring this point that I have made more than once?
    I guess when you speak from experience it's easier to ignore the theoretical BS...

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    posting someone's own words as an indicator of their perspective would be more like character suicide...

Etc, etc, etc.
    LOL!!!

RonH pwn3d once again by Chris... and by himself.

So, you think that him once again trying to save face superficially with lies, half-truths, distortions and flame baiting means I'm the one owned? Hell, he can't even be honest with himself about what his feelings and intentions are.

Uggh. You know, I was willing to defend you before to others even when they were all ganging up on you and saying this and that about you, but I can't do it anymore. Knifefighter, you are now on my do not reply to list. It's a sad thing that you've let yourself fall in with the rest of the rabble in the thread. You started off okay when I first saw you on the board, but you've inched your way over to them and their din in this thread. And you followed it up by agreeing full on with his ridiculous statements and antics.

This is unfortunate for you. To fall, like this. Perhaps you've taken one too many hits to the head. I don't know, but I was expecting better from you.

This is my last reply to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PreparationH View Post
    So, you think that him once again trying to save face superficially with lies, half-truths, distortions and flame baiting means I'm the one owned?

Give it up. Everyone here sees you for the ignorant head-case that you are. Go sink into a horse stance somewhere and STFU.

cjurakpt Guest
    So, you think that him once again trying to save face superficially with lies, half-truths, distortions and flame baiting means I'm the one owned?
    save face...to whom, exactly, have I lost any? please, I invite anyone to read our history of exchanges in its entirety and point out where this has occurred...as for lies (lies, lies, yeah-eh), 1/2 truths and distortions, I ask you to provide one single example of where I have done anything except give links to previous discussions or post verbatim examples of what you wrote; as for flame baiting, I don't even know what that means, but again, I'd like to see an example of that as well

Hell, he can't even be honest with himself about what his feelings and intentions are.
    yes, I;m sure you could enlighten us all with your psycho-spiritual profiling skills - what exactly is it that drives my vitriol laden posts? why am I so obsessed with you? the answers will not doubt be illuminating...

Uggh. You know, I was willing to defend you before to others even when they were all ganging up on you and saying this and that about you, but I can't do it anymore.
    I'm just gonna let Dale answer to this little gem, seeing as he is now no longer under your protection

Knifefighter, you are now on my do not reply to list.
    the list so far:
    cjurakpt
    LKFMDC
    unkokusai
    Knifefighter

but I think that,if he's really going to be inclusive, he should add on all the other people just on this thread alone who have expressed their opinions about his posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer View Post
    A trolling masterclass - hes even trolling the trolls. Bravo sir, bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer View Post
    Superb trolling, really superb. My hat goes off to you - its a veritable master class. Tell me do you do stand up comedy - if so, when and where?
    After reading cjurakpt's post about Ron, there really is no point in arguing. The guy is a space cadet.
    Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself.
    Just keep digging the hole deeper.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    A big thanks for not making the rest of us wade through his posts to get your responses
    Quote Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
    Now this is one of the most impressive posts on this thread. I couldn't stand reading RonH's full post and missed this. Nick, you the man. How do you stand reading his ENTIRE post? Your reply gets a solid 9.

of course, there are more than a few other examples of this sort of thing on other threads, but let's just stick to this one (besides, digging them up would probably be interpreted as some sort of escalation and then Gene would get all these weird e-mails and he'd have to interrupt eating nacho cheese sauce off of one of the ninjettes to deal with them, and in his ire might start indiscriminantly dealing out crotch kicks, so that's not a good thing...)

It's a sad thing that you've let yourself fall in with the rest of the rabble in the thread.
    welcome to the hoi polloi

You started off okay when I first saw you on the board, but you've inched your way over to them and their din in this thread.
    inched? I'd call it a full-out run...

And you followed it up by agreeing full on with his ridiculous statements and antics.
    I actually paid him to do that; like I did everyone else; your are right about me

This is unfortunate for you. To fall, like this.
    my lord - it's almost Biblical in proportions!

Perhaps you've taken one too many hits to the head.
    what's your excuse?

I don't know, but I was expecting better from you.
    really KF - first putting a magazine stand in front of a library door to keep it open when you were a varsity letterman wrestler back in high school serving detention on a Saturday, now this...

oh, what a lucky man he was...
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 08-25-2007 at 09:32 PM.

Goodness... my feelings are so hurt. Now who will back me up when all of the evil kung fu theortetical forms dancers say mean things about me?

Knifefighter, you wouldn't know a reverse transcriptase protein inhibitor from a progressive antedeneride dendrite.

Go back to your cave.

Let the big boys talk. You go meddle with your crayons.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...