Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AHHHH! my knees!

AHHHH! my knees!

hey, i just started some beginning ground ju jitsu judo thing at my university martial art club, and ****! my knee s hurt like hell. does anybody have the ame experience when they first started? right now i can't bend my knees, i'm walking like the roach guy from Men In Black.
    i've been definitely humiliated too, i tapped out every 30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hey, i just started some beginning ground ju jitsu judo thing at my university martial art club, and ****! my knee s hurt like hell. does anybody have the ame experience when they first started? right now i can't bend my knees, i'm walking like the roach guy from Men In Black.
    keep at it and it'll all get better
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    keep at it and it'll all get better
    And keep at it long enough and it will get much worse! Have fun.

Wait until you start getting blisters on the tops of your feet and toes.

Invest in Wrestling Knee pads. That's what I did.

Take your time to get healed up before going back.

See what happens. I believe eventually your body will adapt to your new skills.

As a Registered Acupuncturist, you may have to go for some treatments. Because of the nature of putting the needles BEHIND the patella, acupuncture has the advantage to heal you quicker and increase the blood flow back there better than (IMHO) anything else!

All the best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Thanks for the encouragement. i am so motivated i am foaming out of my mouth right now.
    I got a long way to go, the club only happens once a week so it'll be a long time before i get good, but good thing is i'm working on my striking everyday. Gonna ask them how to sprawl this week.
    thanks for the advice, my knee feel better already. i rubeed them a bunch of times and put a hot towel over it.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Gonna ask them how to sprawl this week.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKI1nBkNE6A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KviIkLyHTQ&NR=1

Some people sprawl with thier -$$ out .. don't know why. I don't think its as effective. Maybe someone like Coach Ross can give more info. I watched a Liddel video were he was doing that.. again I don't think its as effective to stick your -$$ out.

learn how to do a proper take-down.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Wait until you start getting blisters on the tops of your feet and toes.
    it started the first day

why doesn't anyone use wrestling shoes in BJJ no gi? would i look dumb if I started wearing them?
    Last edited by monji112000; 10-06-2007 at 06:04 PM.

good advice, for these few months ill focus on simple takedown, defence, and the pump.

good advice, for these few months ill focus on simple takedown, defence, and the pump.
    the pump??

To inflate his, um, delicacies. There's a lot of, um, delicacy-rubbing in groundfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    the pump??
    i forgot what it's called, when you pump up your hips to get them off balance when they got you on the bottom to get out of mount. is it called bridge?
    man that's sick wookie, leave your dreams about Fedor, you, 5 gallons of dit da jow and that donkey out of this.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-07-2007 at 12:29 PM.

Yeah, I know. Some CMA dude had to make that joke. You know how most of 'em are about seeing ****sexuality in groundfighting, LOL. Better me than someone who actually believes it.

After all, this is a thread about being down on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    why doesn't anyone use wrestling shoes in BJJ no gi? would i look dumb if I started wearing them?
    Shoes make ankle locks and heel hooks easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Shoes make ankle locks and heel hooks easier.
    ok I can see that. thanks. I may choose to wear them in the long run though, maybe after I get better at dealing ankle locks/heel hooks.I have seen some people tape their toes.

MasterKiller, what about wrestling ear guards? I don't see anyone wearing them in class.. the only thing I could guess is they look stupid and you probably can't hear much with them on. But my ears are starting to hurt.. LOL I am such a *****.