Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does One Defeat Gracie Jujistu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Seriously? If someone's shooting, you don't push their head down. You try to push it back and make them look up. If you push it down, you do nothing to stop their momentum, and him crashing into you will probably not fare well for you either. If you manage to push his forehead back, so he's looking forward/up, it'll kill most of his momentum and stop him short. Good luck doing this without much practice though.
    Seriously. If I were to do that move, my only intention is to use the momentum they are using, so that I make them run into the ground and hurt themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    LOL! Hilarious! You should have a show in Vegas!
    And what is it that I said that was funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post

Just learn that fighting range, learn grappling.
    or not. People make too big a deal over this stuff. Train what you want, have fun. It's not like we're going out getting mugged or attacked by gangs all the time. I lived in one of the worst areas of the country for about ten years. I used this stuff once, choked a drunk guy out in a bar. That's it. Knowing grappling or not isn't gonna get you out of trouble. Situational awareness is what gets you out of trouble.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather be taken down by a double leg than a double ankle pick
    There's no such thing as a double ankle pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    that's correct, it is usually the single ankle pick, but if you manage to study a certain Shaolin system, you will learn the deadly triple ankle pick!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

or not. People make too big a deal over this stuff. Train what you want, have fun. It's not like we're going out getting mugged or attacked by gangs all the time. I lived in one of the worst areas of the country for about ten years. I used this stuff once, choked a drunk guy out in a bar. That's it. Knowing grappling or not isn't gonna get you out of trouble. Situational awareness is what gets you out of trouble.

Reply]
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    that's correct, it is usually the single ankle pick, but if you manage to study a certain Shaolin system, you will learn the deadly triple ankle pick!
    Watchit buddy, that aint no third ankle that you're picking. If ya know what I mean.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

or not. People make too big a deal over this stuff. Train what you want, have fun
    The last six words are money.

Situational awareness is what gets you out of trouble.
    This is money as well. It should be anyone's first freakin mantra.

As for grappling, if we are talking in the CONTEXT of this thread, as in trying to defeat a bjj guy, then yeah I stand by my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    Word my brother. Situational awareness and not saying while visiting a BJJ school, "Hey, that looks so gay!"

Really, most of this training is because we get some kind of strange enjoyment out of it.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post

And what is it that I said that was funny?
    Oh, I thought you were just kidding. Now, what's funny about it is that you apparently believe it.

Yow...

I know a Judo guy who does a double ankle. I suppose really we're splitting hairs as to what the difference between an ankle and a REALLY low leg is.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    what do you call a double leg where you grab the heels and not the hamstrings. Just a low double leg? I think thats what he means.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    I know a Judo guy who does a double ankle. I suppose really we're splitting hairs as to what the difference between an ankle and a REALLY low leg is.
    Didn't notice the double part. What exactly is a double ankle pick?

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Oh, I thought you were just kidding. Now, what's funny about it is that you apparently believe it.

Yow...
    So, the concept of adding a bendable neck for crashtest dummies for testing car safety, airplane safety...all these people that do research on just how much stress the neck can take before damage is suffered to engineer safer car air bags and the like are just...insane?

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    So, the concept of adding a bendable neck for crashtest dummies for testing car safety, airplane safety...all these people that do research on just how much stress the neck can take before damage is suffered to engineer safer car air bags and the like are just...insane?
    What is insane are the theoretical non-fighters who try to extrapolate that data to something as stupid as that ineffective leverage type move to the neck that you described.

That data would be much more applicable to striking to the head than it would be to neck manipulations.

BTW, grapplers regularly use moves (i.e. 1/4 nelson, crucifix, etc) that are much more effective and put much more pressure on the neck than that dumba$$ move that you described without breaking each others necks.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 08-19-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Yeah, good luck with your 'theories' kid...