Thread: Mantis Body

Mantis Body

Som Bo Gin practice (Three Powers) Contraction. Expansion, Explosion. Breath control, organ movement, spinal alinement, Qi transferance create the Mantis body. This develops root, Golden Bell (Iron Jacket), energy transferance throughout the body (Fa Ging). Footworks and suppleness for nuance, and sensitivity of technique. www.jooklummantis.com

And....your point was...?

Probably meant as a response to The Xia's thread below....

-David

Som Bo Gin practice (Three Powers) Contraction. Expansion, Explosion. Breath control, organ movement, spinal alinement, Qi transferance create the Mantis body. This develops root, Golden Bell (Iron Jacket), energy transferance throughout the body (Fa Ging). Footworks and suppleness for nuance, and sensitivity of technique. www.jooklummantis.com
    A good basic point I'd say.

Sam, I have a question: could one say that these basic tenets would ring true to most martial arts other than Southern Mantis?

It is amazing for me to understand that "unexplainable" no longer has to mean "nonexistent". pp172
    Grave's End: A True Ghost Story by Elaine Mercado, R.N.

Sam Chien

Hello DRleungjan, You are correct. Many southern (Hakka) styles use this practice Bak Mei for example. On another thread Sam Chien/San Chin gives a thorough explanation. Check it out.