Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OT :meet your meat

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    Do you support PETA?
    whats that ?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    it's a greek cheese. I for one have been a strong supporter of peta. I go to this diner twice a week and order a greek salad,which comes with lettuce, tomatoes,olives,red onions,peta, and grape leaves. I also get the baklava,which by the way, is a wonderful way to seduce a woman.

Thanks to David for some sensible answers (my experiences have differed from yours, but I'd be more than delighted to believe or be shown that your experiences were the norm), and thanks to Fred for your enthusiasm, and thanks to Ten Tigers for the humour injection. The rest of you are very silly. To equate killing plants with killing animals does not require a response.

The bottom line is, everyone draws a line somewhere.

When I was a very strict vegan, I was under attack from Vegan Reich types about eating honey and wearing leather. To me, honey doesn't kill the bees, it helps to keep them, and **** it, we're talking insects here: that was my line. Though of course I wouldn't wear silk at the time.

I also couldn't afford the really well-made eco-friendly cellulose-based plastic footwear that didn't really have such a long life (esp with the manual work I was doing), so to me the only remotely eco-friendly options were stout leather footwear (usually ex-army: the best pair lasted me eight years and I got them repaired until they were more resin and screws than leather!).

But David, there's no reason for Fred to stop his statements for fear of looking silly. Young people are always more idealistic and stronger in many ways than us older sell-outs, so good luck to him.

Plus, as a once strong vegan, I know that generally people much more often attack you vehemently for opposing their world view, rather than the much less common way round of the veggie-type forcing their views down other people's throats (although, yes, of course Fred started this thread). I used to keep it quiet because I had serious grief through just saying I was vegan: it was sneers, violent accusations about being a hypocrite, insane rambling ad hom attacks and blah blah blah.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I also get the baklava,which by the way, is a wonderful way to seduce a woman.
    I prefer a gimp mask myself but if the ski mask works for you that's OK too I guess.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

it's a greek cheese. I for one have been a strong supporter of peta. I go to this diner twice a week and order a greek salad,which comes with lettuce, tomatoes,olives,red onions,peta, and grape leaves. I also get the baklava,which by the way, is a wonderful way to seduce a woman.
    That was bad. You are SO bad!

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    whats that ?
    Partial Ethics Thickheadedly Applied
    Perfectly Elegant Teenager Angst
    Pretentiously Egalitarian Tripe Association
    Proudly Evolved Trolls of America
    Prawns for the Ethical Treatment of Anemones
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

The only thing I can't eat, is when they serve the tripe (ngau-jop-tripe with turnip) they serve this brown,fibrous lung thing, which tastes like dirty liver. But my Sifu loves it, so problem solved.
    I've had that twice. The first time I ordered it by accident after misreading the menu. Tried it, hated it.

The second time a friend of mine ordered it claiming it was the very best thing on the planet, figured maybe the first restaurant just prepared it poorly. Tried it, hated it more.

Since then I simply avoid the dish containing that... stuff.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    Partial Ethics Thickheadedly Applied
    Perfectly Elegant Teenager Angst
    Pretentiously Egalitarian Tripe Association
    Proudly Evolved Trolls of America
    Prawns for the Ethical Treatment of Anemones
    That's quite good.

On a different note - how come the UK gets such a bad rep for tripe and black pudding, and in a Chinese restaurant they're frigging delicacies?

I grew up in a Russian jewish household and we eat beef tongue,liver,chicken gizzard, chicken feet, stuffed derma-which is cow's intestine. Every culture has their own delicacies.

I tried Haggis once....terrible stuff.
    Hey Ten, the Baraclavas are pretty tasty no?

yeah, but the wool gets stuck in my teeth

yeah, but the wool gets stuck in my teeth
    among other things
    especially in the pursuit of seducing women
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

ok whats this bizness about killing plants people?

i mean really......coooome oooon.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

CAUTION: GRAPHIC POST AHEAD.

A good friend of mine worked killing chickens for a company in the city here called Granny's...It was part of a day labour minimum wage thing.

They went from farm to farm breaking the limbs of many chickens, getting covered in excrement as the chickens were terrified. Then they put hooks through the chickens foot and jammed a vaccuum device up their rear to suck out the intestines...all while the chicken was still aware.

To me that is evil...pure evil. I am personally a proponent of using animal products but I believe they should come from not only healthy for me sources, ie no steriods and all that other crap, but the places they grow up should be similar to the wild with lots of space to walk around and they should be killed with great respect and reverence...how in the he ll can people not respect their food? It gives us life!

Oh yeah, I'm sorry but I can't watch that video. But if anybody has doubts about these practices, get the lowest paying job on an industrial sized farm killing animals and tell me you think that is humane.
    A unique snowflake

Slightly OT: Nightmarish: woman finds newly-purchased beef pulsating

This happened in China, of course.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart