Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OT :meet your meat

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    You know, if you make a conscious choice to be a vegetarian because you believe it's healthier to choose that route, go right ahead and more power to you.

But please, for the love of God, don't start on this crap that it's a more sensitive, intelligent, evolved, kinder way to be. You're just trying to make yourself feel more comfortable by killing and eating something that doesn't remind you of yourself.

Life consumes life. That's the way of the world. Deal with it.

Plants have all five senses (think about it - they sense light (sight), they grow roots toward nutrients and water (taste), they produce pheromones to warn other plants about predatory attacks (scent), they react to noise (hearing) and they react to physical contact (touch). They show remarkable intelligence in defending themselves from predators. They adjust to their environment and to the presence of other cooperative or antagonistic plants.

The good thing for you is that they don't register pain, fear or anguish in ways that we can readily understand, so that makes it okay to kill and eat them 'cause you don't have to look at their tortured little faces as they get consumed.

Please stop anthropomorphizing just the critters that can move about freely as a way to justify killing, mutilating and eating the babies of those that can't.

- This message has been brought to you by Citizens for the Rights of Non-Mobile, Carbon-Dioxide-Breathing Creatures
    when was the last time a palnt tried with all its might to stop u from eating it ?

plants arent conscious
    they arent alive in that sense of the word

maybe plants as a whole kind of collective have a consciousness we dont know

i choose not to eat meat not because it reminds me of myself
    i choose not to eat meat because i think killing is wrong

full stop

that is the ending of consciousness

i think abusing the environment is also wrong

but plants dont have a consciousness in the way that animals do

and bottom line if u went up to a cow and sawed its head off ur heart and mind would immediatley tell you you have done something wrong and you would feal guilty

before u have time to pontificate about it you know its wrong its natural to feel this
    its called guilt
    same as if u shot a person
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post

Then stop eating. At all.

You are killing something every single time you eat anything. Just because you don't recognize its pain doesn't mean it doesn't feel it.

Murderer.

Life consumes life to continue living. You must kill to live.

Where do you draw the line on 'how much' consciousness something has to have before it's wrong to kill it?

It's like the Denis Leary skit. The cuter something is the harder time we have killing it. Baby seals and otters are really cute, but cows and chickens are ugly so we eat 'em. But for guilt-itarians, even the cows and chickens are too cute so they just kill plants.

Plant killer.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

how can you be this selfish ?
    meh .... i buy from a farm or a local butcher when i can. when i cant, i at least get the **** that says "free range" on the package. if i had the money i'd raise an slaughter the animals myself. if i had the time id hunt them. unfortunately i have neither of those and i feel that meat is a natural part of my diet.
    where's my beer?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ok, so yesterday, I'm in Chinatown eating dim-sum. They seat me at a table, and there were three other white folks,(two Chinese also)besides me. They are very, very white bread,pompous,know it all ("I know dim-sum,so I'll order. Oh waiter,can I have some springrolls, and pork buns, and siu-mai,please?") types. So I order some dishes for myself. Some tripe, chicken feet, duck blood, and an order of stewed beef tendon! These people were horrified! The two Chinese people found their reaction ammusing. One girl, finally got up the courage to ask me,"How can you eat that?"
    I told them,"I used to work for a friend who's family owned a butcher shop. They fed me everything that fell on the floor."
    It's fun to see someone hold back vomit at the table.

LOL

I've lived in China for more than 2 years now and I still don't find eating feet to be attractive. But I've had conjealed goat's blood in Huoguo and I've had more than one dish with unidentifiable things I think were tripe in it.

Not my favorite eating but solely because of how it tastes.

My wife swears that the pigs feet really are the best tasting part... and she's **** near a vegetarian due to the fact she just doesn't like to eat too much meat.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I have to admit, the duck's blood was just for effect. I really don't like the way they serve it. (thick chunks with just sprinkling of scallion)I've had it before at another place, and they slice it thin, and smother it with scallions,mung bean sprouts, and oyster sauce, which is the way my ex used to make it. The other stuff are simply some of my faves. The only thing I can't eat, is when they serve the tripe (ngau-jop-tripe with turnip) they serve this brown,fibrous lung thing, which tastes like dirty liver. But my Sifu loves it, so problem solved.

The best pig's feet I've ever had was crispy pata-at a Fillippino resteraunt. The whole foot was deep-fried and served with a spicy sauce. It's so good, but you can apply it directly to your arteries.

Not to worry, though-They don't kill the pig, they simply lop off its feet, so it's really quite humane. It's fun to see them scurrying about on their little skateboards. They seem to be having so much fun.

The first time I had tripes was in Caen, France. Second time when my one of my ex-girlfriends took me to a Vietnamese restaurant.

It was always in a soup broth. ARe you saying they just serve it up on a plate?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    shock videos to induce vegetarianism is ...well, stupid.

...This montage does not represent the greater portion in my opinion and is likely a propaganda piece.
    Clearly it is a propaganda campaign. Being Muslim, I don't buy meat from just anywhere. In Islam, the animals can't be treated the way that's seen in this obvious PETA sponsored piece. Animals MUST be treated properly and killed quickly an humanely.

I've found over the past year that when I go to a Halal market, I'm seeing people who clearly aren't Muslim buying there because of this and the quality of the meat itself.

yeah, it's just a bowl of tripe,turnips(that lung-thing)and juice. They also have another tripe dish,a different cut-served with ginger and scallions-also very good.
    Adifferent tripe dish served in dim-sum is ngau pak-yip. It's not the thick honeycombs,soft and chewy, but a thinner type more rubberbandy and with a slight crunch-like jellifish.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 09-03-2007 at 10:46 AM.

plenty of reasons

1 a lion doesnt take an entire speciies and lock them up so that they never have a life
    nor will their children
    it eats because it has to it doesnt have the capacity to farm and to survive it must kill

when u are hungry do you think
    "i want to eat" ?
    or do you think "i want to tear an animal limb from limb so i can feast on the bloody raw goodiness and feal the adrenaline rush through my veins" as a lion most probably does ?

Do you support PETA?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    Clearly it is a propaganda campaign. Being Muslim, I don't buy meat from just anywhere. In Islam, the animals can't be treated the way that's seen in this obvious PETA sponsored piece. Animals MUST be treated properly and killed quickly an humanely.

I've found over the past year that when I go to a Halal market, I'm seeing people who clearly aren't Muslim buying there because of this and the quality of the meat itself.
    yes, both Halal and Kosher meat are "ritualistically" slaughtered by comparison to this film, but they are not the only ones who process meat animals with what can be called humane measures.

More often than not I will buy Halal chicken and there is a lot of Halal foods available where I live because of the healthy population fo people who only eat that. :-)

But I still wouldn't say that what is shown in that film is the norm of all slaughter houses. That film shows the extremities.

I wonder if they will ever produce a film on peta people who release animals from factory farms and labs willy nilly only to die because they are not wild and are not equipped to function in the wild.

when you base your actions purely on your emotions, logic and rational go out the window and more often than not the result is disastrous.

arhat, keep your rabid accusations to yourself kid and try not to regurgitate too much propaganda because one day you may feel like a downright ass for doing so.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

well, I worked in an abattoir for about half a year, but before that would move retired dairy cattle to a few different companies depending on who could take the animals. In each case, the kill houses were more or less the same. besides, how do you humanely kill anything that doesn't want to die in the first place? Cats and Dogs are exterminated in huge numbers annually by so called "humane" societies. I don't see too many people up in arms about that. anyway...

now and then dairy cows get worn out and can't produce anymore and these are sent to be processed into food for you and me. tasty Bar-b-q food that is.

all im saying is I can respect vegetarians if that's what they wanna be, but I would also ask that it be recognized that we are omnivorous and for more time we have been eating animals than being totally agrarian.

consider the damage that large scale production of agrarian products does as well. Think of all the slash and burn and forest destruction that has to occur for those wheat fields to exist and so on.

In the eternal struggle that is the cycle of life, eating of other animals is natural, our mouths and our teeth are specially designed to eat almost anything that is edible including other animals.

making it a moral issue is completely of mind and has nothing to do with survival.

I would also add that in the worst circumstances, all human will revert to being an omnivore as opposed to starving. so vegetarianism is a luxury of advanced society.

As the British say "Spot On".

when was the last time a palnt tried with all its might to stop u from eating it ?

plants arent conscious
    they arent alive in that sense of the word

maybe plants as a whole kind of collective have a consciousness we dont know

i choose not to eat meat not because it reminds me of myself

full stop

that is the ending of consciousness

i think abusing the environment is also wrong

but plants dont have a consciousness in the way that animals do

and bottom line if u went up to a cow and sawed its head off ur heart and mind would immediatley tell you you have done something wrong and you would feal guilty

before u have time to pontificate about it you know its wrong its natural to feel this
    its called guilt
    same as if u shot a person

Plants aren't alive? Then using that frame of logic (PETA based) it's time to form

PETP.

You murderer's of the very thing that transforms the carbon dioxide you people who are afraid of meat exhale and converts it to oxygen must be made to change your ways.

You think nothing of cutting down trees to make popsicle sticks and movie theatre popcorn boxes.
    Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 09-03-2007 at 11:24 AM.

yes, both Halal and Kosher meat are "ritualistically" slaughtered by comparison to this film, but they are not the only ones who process meat animals with what can be called humane measures.

More often than not I will buy Halal chicken and there is a lot of Halal foods available where I live because of the healthy population fo people who only eat that. :-)

But I still wouldn't say that what is shown in that film is the norm of all slaughter houses. That film shows the extremities.

I wonder if they will ever produce a film on peta people who release animals from factory farms and labs willy nilly only to die because they are not wild and are not equipped to function in the wild.

when you base your actions purely on your emotions, logic and rational go out the window and more often than not the result is disastrous.

arhat, keep your rabid accusations to yourself kid and try not to regurgitate too much propaganda because one day you may feel like a downright ass for doing so.

Oh it most DEFINITELY NOT the norm. This is just PETA propaganda. They find a place or two in violation and push it out to the people gullible enough to believe it happens everywhere.