Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So here is an interesting question for some of the people on this board

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    The path set out in TCMA, from good instruction, ie learning combative applications from day one, is one that is very tough. You are made to think and to figure out and to train very hard on YOUR time. It is a personal involvement that many people cannot handle. Sadly, it is a form of teaching very rare nowdays. Most want to be handed everything and disregard thinking for themselves and questioning what they are taught and how to use it.

Although I think this should have stayed in the main forum, Shaolinlueb is right, why bother with a Kung Fu forum if you're better than kung fu?

It really is bizarre.
    Mostly from ego. Either try to screw with kung fu people to distract themselves from something they don't like about themselves or they are in search of serenity, but they feel that eventually, their antics will produce someone that can give them what they want. There might be other reasons, but this is what I've predominately seen.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    I'm a little tea pot, I have nothing useful, heck even connected to reality in any way, to contribute, but I bough David Carradine's "101 shaoling sounding fluff sayings" and I like to post them here. Have I mentioned chi blasts yet in this post?
    LARP'ing at it's finest
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

'my style is better than yours blah blah blah'

Its all just a big e-pe nis contest. Currently the trend is towards MMA, and so their e-pe nises are large and bulbous. That is not to say their training methods are unsound, simply that the quality or lack thereof of anybodies material has no bearing upon wether they will win an internet argument.

Do people really think they are going to change my training habits in a flame war? Do I truly believe I will change theirs?

Id like to think that neither of us are that stupid, and we both just enjoy arguing
    Last edited by sunfist; 08-24-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I wear board shorts.

Spandex shorts are only for wrestling with Mrs. MK.
    Its a good thing when these people were the Kung Fu uniforms to events.. I loved watching Deluca in the Kung Fu uniform get his ---------- wuped.

MMA , Sanda, MT all these sporting events are great ways to hone and develop your fighting skill. Granted somethings can't be legal, and you may have to change a technique or two for another technique. For example NO knee kicking... but thats a small issue. NO matter how you look at it training in these type of environments (and competing) its really were every MA school should be moving. That isn't to say give up training things that aren't legal, just realize you can combine the training. Its a no brainier in my book. Look outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post

For example NO knee kicking...
    Most people do not realize this, but in both Muay Thai and San Da kicking the knee is LEGAL. In San da, if you fall, we have 3 seconds to kick or stomp on you. In the US, most teams know eachother and we "play nice" but it certainly has happened in international competition. The Chinese team during the worlds that were held in Malaysia (2nd worlds?) used side kick to the knee a lot. It was annoying, but not what most TMA people would think

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Most people do not realize this, but in both Muay Thai and San Da kicking the knee is LEGAL. In San da, if you fall, we have 3 seconds to kick or stomp on you. In the US, most teams know eachother and we "play nice" but it certainly has happened in international competition. The Chinese team during the worlds that were held in Malaysia (2nd worlds?) used side kick to the knee a lot. It was annoying, but not what most TMA people would think
    I didn't know about the stomping rule, although it makes sense now that i think about it. I've never actually seen anyone get a stomp in. 3 seconds is tight, the judge usually stops him... where can you kick?

Someone on youtube there is a clip where the red fighter goes in for a front low sweep, he misses, and black round kicks him right in the face and KO's him... I used that clip to train my fighters NOT to fall willy nilly on the floor

The side kick or direct kicking to the knee thing is annoying, and most people actually find it sort of "cheap". It's more of a peck than a full blown attack, it certainly doesn't stop you, but China used it to rack up points .....

i see. i was actually refering to where you can kick the oponent when hes on the ground. i assume you cant kick the head...

Quote Originally Posted by street_fighter View Post
    i see. i was actually refering to where you can kick the oponent when hes on the ground. i assume you cant kick the head...
    when you drop for a low front sweep you ARE on teh ground

Quote Originally Posted by sunfist View Post
    'my style is better than yours blah blah blah'

Its all just a big e-pe nis contest. Currently the trend is towards MMA, and so their e-pe nises are large and bulbous. That is not to say their training methods are unsound, simply that the quality or lack thereof of anybodies material has no bearing upon wether they will win an internet argument.

Do people really think they are going to change my training habits in a flame war? Do I truly believe I will change theirs?

Id like to think that neither of us are that stupid, and we both just enjoy arguing
    Some think changing one's opinion can happen, but some take the arguing so far as to trivialize the discussion entirely.

I'm a flower power chi blast moron who likes to quote from the TV show "kung fu" and who dresses up in women's clothing on sundays to have tea with "mir big" who is my inflatable rubber boy
    TMI there dude, TMI

wow I didn't know that. Even in training its easy to really hurt someones knee if you REALLY kick it. I know a few people that have broken peoples leg from not being careful enough. Honestly I have a problem even in a sanda/MT fight with kicking someones knees or anything like that. I guess I am too much of a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    why do you take kung fu if all you do is dog it for its unrealisticness, its inferior training methods, and "it isnt as good as BJJ".

why don't you just quit your school, cause it sounds like a bad one already if you keep on talking about how other styles are better, and just go to a fighting school and do that Gracie Competition stuff. or mma ring stuff.

more power too you. then go find your way over to www.mma.tv and enjoy that.
    I did quit my school. went to combat sport styles. have not looked back. as long as there is interesting discussion here I will stay. so there. now, why don't you go eat granola or do forms or something...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    wow I didn't know that. Even in training its easy to really hurt someones knee if you REALLY kick it. I know a few people that have broken peoples leg from not being careful enough. Honestly I have a problem even in a sanda/MT fight with kicking someones knees or anything like that. I guess I am too much of a nice guy.
    in the ikf, you can make contact with the side of the knee, but not the front
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

cjurakpt Guest
    The side kick or direct kicking to the knee thing is annoying, and most people actually find it sort of "cheap". It's more of a peck than a full blown attack, it certainly doesn't stop you, but China used it to rack up points .....
    yet another "oh, if it were a real fight then I'd just do 'x'" myth debunked...

Some think changing one's opinion can happen, but some take the arguing so far as to trivialize the discussion entirely.

must...not...stalk; must...not...derail...thread; must...not...mention...discussion...about...chi...

Last edited by cjurakpt; 08-25-2007 at 06:01 PM.