Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TCMA in MMA

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Who is Rudy?
    the King of Ducking; looks like you are well on your way to be his successor though...

You can be a genius and know taijiquan. I have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to taijiquan and related fields. So what? Someone has to. Not everyone must be stuck in an eternal 'I only this tiny bit of it' state where their knowledge and experience is confined to a small series of topics.
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...5&postcount=42

the world is waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    And you don't? You said I hate the Gracies. I've never said that. I really don’t care what your opinions are any more than you care about mine...

I may have the dates on which MMA organization came before another. I’m pretty certain of my facts as far as Royce at one point claiming several hundred victories, and it came out later that he counted every time he sparred as a victory regardless of who the opponent was. And sometimes that opponent was one of his kids.
    Wrong again! Rickson 'claims' several hundred victories. None vs kids though. This INCLUDES BJJ tournamnets, Sambo and Judo tournaments etc, not just MMA fights. Also, Rickson himself has never confirmed or denied that number, thats why I put the ' ' around the word claimed.

You may not hate the Gracies, but you are not giving them the props they deserve. Before the Gracies and UFC, most MA's were katas, one step drills, point sparring tournaments, and Eastern philosophy, etc being marketed as effective self-defense. They put their art, and family name, one the line to PROVE their art/style was superior. No art wins 100% of the time, but they made some very high level TMA guys look BAD, and they had other 'tough guys'(like Boztepe and Dux) avoiding them like the plague.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

James Randi has had his challenge for years, maybe 20 years? All the chi blast master has to do is show him their chi and they can walk away with a million dollars. They can use it to advance mankind, help stray dogs, buy granola, whatever, yet NO ONE HAS EVER DONE IT.....

There's a good reason, they are parlour tricks and James would debunk them faster than a prom dress comes off.

RonH = Morodiot
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So the bottom line Ron is that you can provide NO PROOF
    I have been giving proof since the first day I started posting on this forum. I have said examples of what those proofs are, but no matter how often I say them, what I say gets ignored by the more loud and boisterous on the board here and is sometimes deliberately misquoted, so it can be rewritten for purposes to mock me. Your difficulty does not fall on me. I'm not the one that has failed to do something.

you will take NO TESTS
    I have taken all the 'tests' that actually are required of me. The rest are options that I feel no compulsion to partake in. As I said before, I don't need the money. Doing it for the money is so utterly common.

and you are training NO fighters to take over the MMA world, correct?
    I don't need to.

What PROOF Ron? What TESTS Ron? And No fighters either....

Again, bottom line is you won't take the Randi test. No matter what the excuse you won't take it. All talk and no action. Is this common in CMA or are you and Rudy the exception?

Also, I'm not asking to see 'Chi', just the results/effects of it. I can't explain the physics of how a jet flies, sorry. But I can PROVE it does by pointing one out as it flies over.

Save your phycho-babble, I want PROOF, not more bs.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Also, I'm not asking to see 'Chi', just the results/effects of it. I can't explain the physics of how a jet flies, sorry. But I can PROVE it does by pointing one out as it flies over.
    What did I say? I've been showing proof this whole time and I even have been giving examples. In this thread, the gracie one, the thread before that and on and on and on.

You keep wanting to use gravity to explain how energy is taken in from ingested food.

I just want to state, for the non-IMA guys here, that most of us IMA guys do not believe in that Dillman LKJ BS. Also, while I believe in qi as a Chinese philosophical/medical term for a complex interaction of body processes (and yes, I FEEL the sensations associated with qi), I believe that structure and intention are the engines driving IMAs. Structure and intention fit nicely into modern ideas of bio-mechanics and sports psychology. You're making us look like a bunch of qi twinkies, Ron.

Furthermore, I gave a list of IMA masters who would disagree vehemently with your views on the value of sport fighting. Maybe your IMA genius exceeds Tim Cartmell's,Li Tai Liang's, Su Dong Chen's, et al; for me to believe that, though, you've got to post a vid, fight record, something. If you can convince me your depth of knowledge is greater than their's, I've got to meet you.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

cjurakpt Guest
    and yet, when given the concrete opportuniy to demonstrate his knowledge, he remains silent...

You can be a genius and know taijiquan. I have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to taijiquan and related fields. So what? Someone has to. Not everyone must be stuck in an eternal 'I only this tiny bit of it' state where their knowledge and experience is confined to a small series of topics.
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...5&postcount=42

You keep wanting to use gravity to explain how energy is taken in from ingested food.
    Just stop! Please! Where is the PROOF? I will look at it. And you rambling on and on is not proof, just as if I wrote page after page on Bigfoot, it would not PROVE it's existance.

Notice I showed solid, video PROOF that Dillman, that fat follower of his, and Wally Jay FAILED and are full of ****. I want something similar as proof. Not a bunch of ranting about food and body chemistry, etc. Basically show that it works in PRACTICE, not that it works in THEORY.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post
    I just want to state, for the non-IMA guys here, that most of us IMA guys do not believe in that Dillman LKJ BS. Also, while I believe in qi as a Chinese philosophical/medical term for a complex interaction of body processes (and yes, I FEEL the sensations associated with qi), I believe that structure and intention are the engines driving IMAs. Structure and intention fit nicely into modern ideas of bio-mechanics and sports psychology. You're making us look like a bunch of qi twinkies, Ron.

Furthermore, I gave a list of IMA masters who would disagree vehemently with your views on the value of sport fighting. Maybe your IMA genius exceeds Tim Cartmell's,Li Tai Liang's, Su Dong Chen's, et al; for me to believe that, though, you've got to post a vid, fight record, something. If you can convince me your depth of knowledge is greater than their's, I've got to meet you.

Brian
    well said; I agree in regards to your assessment of "qi", that it is a metaphorical descriptor for the net effect of the body's internal functional interrelationships as well as the ones in the external environment, and that one can certainly feel many different types of intrinsic processes in the body that are all components of this descriptor, and that there is no mystical "other" force that needs be invented to encompass all this; as for modern concepts, you might also look into the structure of connective tissue in context of tensegrity theory as another way of understanding how initernal principles are readily described from a contemporary paradigm

also as far as IMA guys pushing the bar higher, my friends here are doing just that: http://www.taichili.com/ ; click on the tournament training link

of course, all this is anathema to Ron's perspective; of course, he won't even substantiate his claims of taiji knowledge either (of course, he probably feels justified in not answering because he previously announced he would no longer respond to my posts - how convenient for him...)

Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I'll answer it. The early UFC were nothing like UFC today. There were 3 'rules': no biting, no eye gouges, and no fish hooking(fingers in the mouth). And there were NO dq's. If you broke a rule, you were only fined, you were NOT disqualified. To me it proved alot, especially since other than Ichihara, Royce was the smaller man in every one of his early UFC fights.

I admit ignorance on the names mentioned. Honest, did they advocate 'alive' training or were they part of the 'too deadly' eye-gouge and bite crowd? Not being a jerk, I really don't know the answer.

cjurakpt Guest
    Not sure if this was directed at me, but I'll answer it. The early UFC were nothing like UFC today. There were 3 'rules': no biting, no eye gouges, and no fish hooking(fingers in the mouth). And there were NO dq's. If you broke a rule, you were only fined, you were NOT disqualified. To me it proved alot, especially since other than Ichihara, Royce was the smaller man in every one of his early UFC fights.

I admit ignorance on the names mentioned. Honest, did they advocate 'alive' training or were they part of the 'too deadly' eye-gouge and bite crowd? Not being a jerk, I really don't know the answer.
    Tim Cartmell for one is a xing yi / bagua guy who also has a BB in BJJ; he has not competed in UFC, but he is right up there when it comes to realistic approach to fighting; the other two names are familiar, but I can't speak to their approaches

What is this thread about again ???

cjurakpt:Looks like good stuff. I think I've seen Mike Pekor hanging on EF lately. My own IMA teacher is a big MMA fan, and says students who engage in sport fighting are almost always better able to apply their skills than those who don't. And he teaches plenty of non-sport legal tactics. He also encourages my practice of BJJ and my goal of taking my stuff in the MMA ring.

Guo Yunshen, Yin Fu, Cheng Tinghua, Ma Gui, Yang Banhou and many others did not become famous for healing senior citizens or helping hippies connect to the universe. They got famous for kicking a sizable amout of a$$. Unless you're looking to take the M out of IMA, we should all be pushing our arts towards greater practicality.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

Chill, man, that was directed at Ron. I'm pretty much on your side of this debate. That was addressing Ron's "IMA masters are too busy achieving the rainbow body to bother with actual martial training" attitude. Tim teaches IMA standup and BJJ ground stuff for use in MMA (and teh streetz). Li Tai Liang is an ex-sanda champ who is known for his xinyi. Su Dong Chen is a student of Hong Yixiang, and a generally scary gentleman. They're all IMA guys who believe IMAs are about fighting. Sadly, they're in the minority these days.

Brian